Bad
Good

I attended Abingdon from 1951 to 1955. The teachers were fantastic (on bad days). Tremendous learning experience; some of my classmates had parents in foreign service. Good way to learn of other countries. All subjects were explained thoroughly so that everyone understood the lessons. Glad to see that the standard of excellence has maintained over the years.

A parent Posted Apr 2014 Abingdon is an excellent school. My son who has been attending since pre koro and is now in the 1st grade. He loves attending Abingdon. At a young age he has developed a thirst and love for learning, he looks forward to school every day. The school has some very dedicated teachers and a wonderful principal.

Abingdon is an excellent school. My son who has been attending since kindergarten and is now in the 3rd grade. He loves attending Abingdon. At a young age he has developed a thirst and love for learning, he looks forward to school every day. The school has some very dedicated teachers and a wonderful principal. He continues to score high on the SOLs and the DRE reading test, a testament to the skills of his teachers and the environment of the class room.

My son had a fantastic first year at Abingdon in the 3rd grade. The teachers are very supportive and involved and the principal is absolutely one of the best I've ever met. The school has a very good sense of supportive culture and community with multiple community events during the year, a fantastic arts program, and classes you won't get at any other elementary school (my son adored his architecture class!). I highly recommend this school!

Our daughter started kindergarten at Abingdon this year and we couldn't be more pleased. We love Fairlington and are very happy that Abingdon has exceeded our expectations - the small class sizes and the diversity of the subjects for kindergarten (architecture and science) is impressive and keeps our daughter engaged and excited to be in school. We appreciate that the children are challenged to learn and grown, and there are so many opportunities for parent and community involvement throughout the year.

I have been consistently impressed by the principal, teachers, and staff at this school. This is my daughter's second year at Abingdon, and we are so pleased with our choice to have her attend this school instead of private school. She has really blossomed with the help of the teachers and aftercare staff. The PTA is run by an extremely dedicated group of parents, and I have always felt welcome at meetings even though my volunteer time is quite limited. It definitely has the community school vibe.

Fantastic school with a varied program that keeps the kids on their toes and, most importantly, from getting bored. Imagine, the kids aren't bored in school and are actually learning that learning is fun! The principal is a constant presence at all school functions and is on a first-name basis with the kids; she loves the kids and has infected the teachers with the same attitude.

I love this school. The GIFT program is exceptional. My daughter has been a student here for 4 years and is so happy. I love the diversity, teaching staff and nuturing atmosphere of the school. Truly a gem!

Both my kids go to Abingdon Elementary in Arlington VA. While every school in Arlington is great, Abingdon is fantastic. The teachers are wonderful, highly experienced, and enthusiastic about their jobs. The Principal and her staff are doing a fantastic job. And, the kids are all happy. If this sounds to good to be true, you need to look into their Project Gift. My kids do claymation movies, tabelaus, learn architecture all in order to excite them and motivate them while they are actually studying social studies, math and science. Its a fantastic school and we could not be happier.

Abingdon is an extraordinary school. My children are thriving in reading, science, communications and the arts thanks to their loving, dedicated and talented teachers. Abingdon is the best kept secret in Arlington led by an exceptional Principal of the Year. Abindon has provided our family with the greatest gift - children who love to learn and are achieving academic success.

Last modified Abingdon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.