Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Supportive teachers and caring community of families all of which are fostered by our principal! I love the modified school year calendar. Having intercession classes in the fall and spring are an added bonus to the regular curriculum.

We moved into this neighborhood before we had children. We just got lucky that Barcroft Elementary is our school! I am always impressed with how the teachers and staff work with the uniqueness and general needs of our children! My children love learning, still! They are in 4th and 1st. That is a gift and they are always safe! Being a Title 1 school also offers our whole community a beautiful range of resources that teach us all how to learn together. Our modified school calendar is brilliant!

Develops character: Strongly agree

I respond mostly to the high integrity and honesty! I have personally experienced a foundational collaboration of teachers and parents around builing our trust and integrity. As a parent, when i may disagree with decisions or actions of our school, there is integrity and fairness in responses to my concerns and questions. This models so much for our students!

Fantastic teachers, fantastic principal, fantastic PTA

This is a great school. The teachers and staff couldn't do a better job of teaching and really putting the needs of the children first.

I worked at Barcroft for several years and only left to become a stay @ home mom. To this day having gone through many principals in my daughter's 6 years of formal education, I have never come across a principal so dedicated with such a natural ability to show children and parents as I have here with MHG. The teachers when I was part of Barcroft, were excellent role models with a true desire for children to succeed. This is an awesome school, with many great leaders. I am proud to say I worked at such an excellent school.

Barcroft is a great school. I'm kind of shocked by the low rating here. The teachers and staff are all amazing. Barcroft is an intimate school and it does have a diverse population with many immigrant kids just learning english, which may be the reason for some lower than expected test scores. But the kids at Barcroft learn and excel.

My daughter attends here. She's 8 years old. This is her 2nd year. We are very pleased with her teachers and the work she's doing. She's in 3rd grade but reading at a 4th grade level. She's a leader in her class and is loved by her classmates. The children all get along. They are helpful to one another and I believe that it is taught and maintained by the teachers there. She goes all year round - and it's been a very positive experience. She learns quickly and it sticks. I thank the Teachers and especially the principal. My child has to us an inhaler. On occassion she needs it. The nurses know the children by name and are always helpful and encouraging. We love Barcroft and you will too!

Last modified Barcroft Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.