Carlin Springs Elementary School 3

Posted October 11, 2013
I was not so impress when I came to sign up my daughter for this school in August. The principal was standing the room, did not introduce herself but busy talking to one of the staffs about how broken/impersonal APS guidelines toward teachers. I feel so helpless since I just bough a house in school assigned district. My child has been in this school for more than 1 month now, she went home last week with an in class science work written in Spanish. I understand the school has 67% Latino, but my child is not at all Latino and she is here to learn everything in English except her spanish class. I have nothing against Latino, but for the best interest of my child, I will have to move again next year.

Carlin Springs Elementary School 5

Posted August 29, 2012
We love Carlin Springs Elementary! My two children transferred in during the middle of the school year and we were all welcomed with open arms. There is a very diverse culture here and children learn something new everyday. The principal and assistant principal are fabulous about keeping the parents well informed with events around the school. We are about to begin our 4th year at Carlin Springs Elementary, have not yet met a staff member that our family didn't absolutly love. Highly recommended school by this military family!!!!

Carlin Springs Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
The welcoming environment, the openess to the community, the diversity of its student body,the immagination in its program - it is a school where clearly students and families are joyfully received.

Carlin Springs Elementary School 5

Posted April 20, 2009
One of the best schools in the area, Great Principal and staff who are very much dedicated. Scores are higher year after year.

Carlin Springs Elementary School 0

Posted February 01, 2008
I taught summer school here for the summers of 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006. My time there was great. I plan to return to teach again. The climate of the school just screams pure education. It's such a wonderful place to be in the world. The administration is so helpful and supportive and friendly. Thanks Mr. Ley.

Posted January 16, 2008

Posted March 29, 2007
Carlin Springs has dedicated, talented teachers and an outstanding principal. The atmoshere in the school is great for kids to learn and enjoy school. The after-school programs offer a broad range of programs for students and the kids really seem to enjoy them.

Posted June 14, 2006
I have never seen such a dedicated and gifted staff as the faculty at Carlin Springs Elementary. My child has gotten a fantastic education for the three years she has attended. I am very pleased.

Carlin Springs Elementary School 2

Posted April 22, 2006
The best thing about this school is that it is new -- Arlington never turns down bond offerings. However the principal is new (from Jamestown), seems overwhelmed by the large number of assisted lunch crowd, and is focused on trying to get 4th greaders to sit still (and read). This school is one of the constant underperformers in the County, and should be avoided if you want a quality education.

Carlin Springs Elementary School
5995 South 5th Road, Arlington, VA  22204
Last modified Carlin Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carlin Springs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top