Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Taylor has been an amazing place for my SPED son. We moved into the area from a school district that simply could not or would not support him (I prefer to assume the former and cite poor training and experience). By the end of two years of Kinder at this former school, my son was beat down and hated anything associated with school and learning. We moved into the Taylor district for 1st grade, and I absolutely credit his 1st grade teacher with saving his academic experience and getting him to love school and learning again. The IEP process was a little intimidating at first - 8 school personnel on 1 parent - but my experience was teachers who are 100% committed to supporting each child the best way possible and administrators who respected teacher perspective, while trying to keep the process within the process so that the supports could go forward without question. I love Taylor, the teachers, the SPED support and am hoping we can find a home in the area so that we can stay in this district!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers are the best part of our positive experience at Taylor.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

There is a pilot program for 2nd grade this year for no homework OTHER THAN 20 minutes of reading and it has transformed our evenings at home!

I completed kindergarten through 5th grade at Taylor. All years were great. Excellent teachers. My favorite teacher of all time was my first grade teacher, Ms. kozack. If I move back in the area, I would be happy to have my son attend.

Taylor is a very special place. Kids are encouraged to excel academically and develop into thoughtful, caring individuals.

We have had a great experience at Taylor with loving caring teachers and staff. I feel that the teachers are well qualified and do not let children slip through the cracks. There is great technology and high expectations. I have heard from others that the gifted and talented program does need some inspiration and revamp but have not been in the program to give a valid opinion.

One star for the principal. He's likes to be seen and pretends to listen, but, don't be fooled, his image is everything to him. The teachers are very motivated and dedicated, the parents are very motivated and dedicated, and as a result, the students do very well for a public school. Basically, the principal looks good because the community makes him look good. When you really start to ask around, you will start to hear the truth. Parents are little hesitant at first, but you'll hear the truth sooner or later. Keep asking and listening at soccer games and the pool. The truth is out there.

Great teachers, caring administration and wonderful students! Large campus but doesn't feel overwhelming. Very neighborhood focused.

It is the reason we bought a house in the Taylor catchment area! Great staff, great principal, best school in Arlington by far.

Taylor is a school with top teachers and top leadership. The PTA is strong and has a voice and is involved with the school in a way that makes it beneficial to all (parents & staff).

Last modified Taylor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.