Arlington, VA
Students enrolled: 2,155

Posted April 13, 2014
This school has lots of honors opportunities for students. Specifically the school offers both AP and IB classes, which is very unusual.

Washington Lee High School 4

Posted May 24, 2013
I graduated from Washington-Lee last year and I have to say I had a very good experience. The IB program challenged me like no other and really prepared me for college. I feel like my writing, analyzation, and communication skills surpass many of my peers at my University. The teachers I had were very good. The students really cared about their education and there was a great sense of communal academic strive. The school is super diverse but many friend groups tend to segregate themselves based on race and social status which is common in every high school. There are many diverse friend groups though. There wasn't a day where I didn't hear a foreign language being spoken in the hallway. My main complaint is that the administration cares much more about the schools reputation and will sweep the concerns of students under the rug to save it's reputation. And also the counseling department is less than impressive. Other than that I enjoyed my four years there and am so glad I chose to go WL.

Posted March 24, 2013
I love this school! It is great and has magnificent teaching. I would suggest parents to send their children here.

Posted March 17, 2012
I love this school. I went to school in colorado my fresh and soph year and there was nothing good about that school. I thought high school was just supposed to suck. This school is the complete opposite. I love my classes, I love the teachers, the kids are also great around here. I have nothing negative to say.

Posted March 22, 2011
I am a senior at Washington-Lee and I first moved to Arlington before the start of my freshman year. I moved from a town where the entire student body was Catholic and white. W-L is the opposite. I enjoyed going to school with such a diverse student body. One time I was part of a presentation on diversity in English class, and ironically every one of the five people in my group was of a different ethnicity. In addition to the diversity, the faculty is so dedicated to the students and making their experience as enjoyable and successful as possible, teachers included. The classes at W-L are as rigorous as you want them to be, depending upon if you choose to take AP or IB classes and how many. I truly treasure my experience at W-L and I am proud to say I will be W-L alumni in only three months!

Posted April 16, 2010
washington lee is one of the most amazing schools you can ever go to! the students, teachers, and classes are beyond amazing, and now i regret ever moving away. the kids are top notch, and are excited about being involved, and the positive peer pressure can reallly help students

Washington Lee High School 4

Posted January 13, 2010

Posted October 25, 2009
We moved to Arlington in 2004 primarly due to the excellent schools. W-L has not disappointed us. I have 2 students currently attending and it has been a terrific experience. Teachers have been excellent overall and the school is wonderful now that the new building is finished. We have not been disappointed. W_L is a terrrific school.

Washington Lee High School 1

Posted June 02, 2009

Posted September 18, 2008

Washington Lee High School
1301 N Stafford St, Arlington, VA  22201
Last modified Washington Lee High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Lee High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top