Bad
Good

We have an eight grader at Williamsburg, now in his third year there, and our experience has been very good. The teachers have been excellent, and the individual attention impressive given the large size of the student body. We like the principal, vice principal and staff, all of whom are very committed to the students. We are pleased.

This school has an amazing Principal! The staff is very good. They have amazing Assistant Principals, yes , each grade has their own who stays with them and gets to know them as the progress through middle school. The draw back can be how large the school is. It seems like they are busting at the seems. Lunch time can have really long lines and most items depleted before your kid reaches the food. So, plan on bringing lunch. Aside from that course offerings are good, and you can expect a stellar education. As with any school there are some staff hits and misses but overall , it's a pretty good school to be associated with.

This is my kid's first year at Williamsburg. Coming from some of the best schools in Fairfax county I can say that Williamsburg is not even close to the quality of the other schools. The principal has no leadership and doesn't do any effort to be out there for the kids and parents. I have never seen her in person, not on back to school night, not during parent-teacher conferences not even once on the hallways. In Fairfax, the principals are out there every morning greeting the students and parents, reaching out, making a statement that they are involved and they care. Our counselor is not good either. She is not responsive and has no communication skills. Thre seems to be a disconnect in the leadership at this school, a lot of new people who still don't know what they are doing and people that should have retired a long time ago. I was recently told, in response to a question, to call the high school my kid will attend next year because that person will retire in the summer and no one at Williamsburg was trained to do her job. The core subject teachers are great though and that is the only good thing I can say about this school.

An outstanding school, with caring teachers and a great community. Special Ed as well as regular ed was handled great. The post below mentions the band program, and I want to say that the new band teacher (2011-2012) has completely turned around that program and it is now fantastic. It takes a special person to run middle school band and he has done a great job!

Both of my children currently attend WMS, and we are very, very happy with this school. As another reviewer wrote, the school does a great job developing students' ability to take personal responsibility for their assignments, and prepares them well for high school. The classes my children have had have been both academically challenging and, better yet, interesting. We have generally liked all of their teachers, my contacts with the administration have been fine, the building is well set-out and equipped, the afterschool activities are great. The only downside I've seen is the band program, which can definitely stand some improvement.

My daughter went here & had some of the best teachers I've ever encountered in any school system. Some of the best ones have left, but in particular Ms. Texeira (math), Mr. Feeny (social studies) & Mr. McDermott (geography) were wonderful. I found the administration to be very responsive to parents' concerns. I loved Ms. Francis - a warm & very hard-working, caring principal - and Ms. Ly & Ms. Dodd both go the extra 10 miles to help. They aren't 'strict' here - they have standards & they expect the students to meet them. That's a good thing.

I love Williamsburg! I just started this year, but so far, it has been fantastic! The teachers are nice, but they say flat out what they expect. Sometimes teachers underestimate how much time their homework will take to complete, and that can be a bummer. Something I really enjoy about Williamsburg is their use of the agenda. It is where you can write down all of your homework and plan your after-school activities, as well as write down what books you have been reading recently. I LOVE Williamsburg :) !

I absolutely loved my 6th grade teachers. But my 7th grade math teacher gave amazingly huge amounts of homework. I was on Grizzlies and my TA teacher was absolutely astounding.

My daughter has attended several schools across the country, and Williamsburg is by far the best one. Her sixth grade American History teacher was absolutely fantastic. She made history interesting, memorable, and fun, and still managed to develop and require a sophisticated depth of understanding throughout the year.

This has been the perfect school for us. Each year, the school curriculum adds more responsibility for the students. And by the time the students graduate, they are prepared for highschool. Also, the library is fantastic and I consider it to be the heart of the school and a place which encourages the students to be involved in reviewing books and an sharing their ideas. The principal is fantastic and runs the school beautifully. The teachers are making learning exciting that even I would want to go back to school. I could go on....

Last modified Williamsburg Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.