Arlington, VA

Posted May 04, 2014
I don t usually blog or write reviews but this is a private school that has an amazing group of dedicated and intelligent educated teachers. Forced to look elsewhere after attending Westminster a very small private school in Annandale. St. Agnes is a very diversified community and we are well pleased with their direction on education.

Posted January 14, 2014
We are new to St. Agnes this year. We transferred from another Catholic elementary school in Arlington because the administration in the former school was deficient in so many ways. That said, we LOVE, LOVE St. Agnes!!! The academics are superior, care and concern from teachers, wonderful, discipline is kind but firm, parent involvement, tremendous. We were made to feel welcomed from the first moment. It is no wonder that many classes already have waiting lists for next year. This school is like a hidden gem in the community.

Posted January 19, 2013
I am not sure when the previous reviewer attended the school, but our experience was completely different. All three of my children attended the school, and we could not have been happier. The books that are currently being read in the junior high exceed grade level, and the students have gone on to top high schools and colleges (Harvard, Princeton, Notre Dame, Cornell, NYU, etc.) The community is exceptionally warm and supportive, and the academics both demanding and individualized. They currently have waiting lists for several grades.

St Agnes School 1

Posted August 21, 2012
I attended Saint Agnes for many years and I can honestly say, it was an unsatisfactory experience. Most of the teachers at SAS are very mediocre. While there are a couple that stand out, most of them have no passion for teaching. The academic program is not challenging at all. Students read books that are way below grade level and are not really encouraged to read books at or above. Saint Agnes is very poor at accommodating for anyone who does not have the conventional learning style. The community is very gossipy and standoffish, both the parents and students. I have to agree with one of the previous students who stated that the administration shows very poor judgement. Little issues are blown completely out of proportion, and real problems are ignored. There are truly so many great schools in Arlington, that Saint Agnes shouldn't even be an option. I am very happy that I am not attending Saint Agnes anymore. Please don't send your child here if you want them to have a good elementary and middle school experience.

Posted March 03, 2011
We started our eldest son at St. Agnes this school year (2010-11), and we couldn't be more pleased with his academic progress, personal development, faith formation, and charity toward others. The teachers and staff here are professional, caring and get results. The community and parish are exceptionally welcoming, supportive, and involved.

Posted March 09, 2010
My children have a combined 23 years at St. Agnes, encompassing literally every grade level. I strongly disagree with the student's review below, and point out that enrollment is increasing, not decreasing as it is at other inside-the-Beltway Catholic schools. The reading program includes DRAs, which the excellent local public schools also offer, and there are differentiated reading and math in primary and middle school grades. Class sizes are on the smaller side, which benefits the students and the teachers. The enrichment activities are varied and affordable, the energy of the parents is well-utilized, and the community is very friendly. Is every teacher exceptional in every way? No. Are the students happy, engaged, polite, responsible, academically prepared for the top local high schools (Thomas Jefferson; Georgetown Visitation; Gonzaga; Georgetown Prep; many more)? Absolutely. The teachers are happy and the parents have tremendous loyalty. Don't overlook this gem in Arlington.

Posted October 19, 2009
I have three children at St. Agnes and it has been a wonderful experience. The teachers are involved with the students and very caring. The school's academic program is excellent and there are many opportunities for parents to become involved. They have back to school parties for each grade, parent coffees with the principal as well as literacy night, a book fair, and after school enrichment programs. I have found the teachers to be very responsive when I have had questions or concerns.

St Agnes School 3

Posted October 14, 2009
I think St. Agnes is a good school. Not many schools have a class size of only 14-15 children. The academic program is good overall. They really enforce behavioral rules (no bullying, etc.). They have a very nice healthy lunch program and they are very generous with their time. They do need to improve their language arts, computer and physical education programs. Also, a gifted & talented program would be welcomed. Many parents are professionals and they should reach out to us for help with grant writing and more fundraising.

Posted October 13, 2009
My child loves St Agnes school, nice community, teachers are excellent. I strongly recomended St Agnes schoool as one of the best in Arlington.

St Agnes School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
It is a wonderful, warm, welcoming, happy environment for children to learn while having tons of fun....

St Agnes School