PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 02, 2016
Mr. Sterner the kindergarten teacher was always teaching to do the right thing when no one was watching.

Posted June 02, 2016
My kids are finishing kindergarten and 3rd grade and I am extremely satisfied with the education they got at OSLS. We are enrolling them in next years classes. They teach homeschool courses with respect and love. The individual attention they needed to do well was there and they let us know right away when our kids were struggling. Very happy with this God centered school.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 19, 2015
The students genuinely care for each other and form lasting friendships across grade levels. My son's babysitter is a middle school student - when we joined the school we joined a community.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 19, 2015
The staff models forgiveness and caring for the students, following the Love and Logic model for school discipline.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 19, 2015
The students learn about the great heroes of the Bible and our country every day in class and in chapel. Every year, the school picks 10 "character traits" to focus on, one each month.

Posted August 19, 2015
I decided to enroll my son after hearing from several friends about the positive, encouraging learning environment at Our Savior. My high expectations have been met! The new principal and staff are completely dedicated to the children and responsive to parental concerns. The smaller class sizes are a great plus, with the individualized attention my son is receiving. I have already recommended this school to another friend, who is sending her children to Our Savior this year.

Posted June 22, 2015
My 2nd and 5th grader just finished another amazing year at Our Savior Lutheran! As both of my children have attended this school since Kindergarten, each year just gets better and better. Having lived in Arlington most of my life I am aware of the various different schooling options in Arlington. While Arlington has a lot to offer, no other school compares to Our Savior's excellent teaching, nurturing environment and goal to develop students with excellent character and compassion. This school truly is a hidden gem in Arlington and I would recommend it to anyone looking for an affordable Christian day school that is above all others!

Our Savior Lutheran School 1

Posted June 11, 2015
Few resources, old books, and worst - a principal and administration that aren't interested in helping students.

Posted June 28, 2013
Small school on a quiet street in a crazy city. Teachers and staff go above and beyond. This is not a job but a calling. Most of the staff comes from a Lutheran education system and attends the church. We are not Lutheran and did not attend the church, but felt involved and included. Christ centered learning inside and outside the classroom. My 7th grader went on a mission trip in DC to serve the homeless for a retreat. My 4th grader went to multiple historical sites with his class - making history come alive. My kindergartner was loved, hugged, and encouraged every day. As a military family we loved the daily Pledge of Allegiance and prayer in school.

Posted June 27, 2013
So, so so happy with this incredible school- its small, Christ-centered, dedicated staff, most who have been there for 20 plus years- its literally a family- with strong academics, student-focused approach, in a nurturing environment building character and instilling values. You can't beat the student/teacher ratios- and for a smaller school, we are amazed at the amount and level of student and family activities, sports, events, and a strong PTL with truly dedicated parents and staff. If you're in the Northern Virginia/DC area, and looking for a safe, nurturing, strong academic, Christian environment, you have found it at Our Savior Lutheran School. We have several friends who home-school, and knowing that is a growing trend in the US, we like to say that because of the values, ethics, and moral character building that your child gets at Our Savior, we call it "Home-schooling in the House of God!"

825 S Taylor St, Arlington, VA  22204
Last modified Our Savior Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8