Bad
Good

Posted October 27, 2014
Great school until 5th grade. I encountered few incidents with a new teacher since she was constantly bringing my child down. Not everyone has the passion to teach. Other than her, they have great teachers.

Posted February 23, 2014
I couldn't be happier with this school. I am lucky to have my son in Claremont. The staff is great, the vice principal and principal are outstanding and even the school itself is beautiful and special. Special that is the best way to describe this school! I am a happy mom!

Posted August 22, 2013
Claremont Immersion has exceeded my expectations since 2008! The teachers and staff are wonderful and parents are very involved. It's a great community.

Posted May 09, 2012
We have a 3rd grader, 1st grader, and a future montessori 3 year old. We moved from California and couldn't be happier at this school. The facaulty and parent involvement is the main reason.

Posted September 04, 2011
My child attends this school since kindergarten. I had some concerns at first, if he could advance in math and science because, these are subjects that are taught in Spanish, but I think the teachers of these subjects are wonderful and have made my son a bilingual child. I recommend this school 100%

Posted February 25, 2011
For anyone concerned about math and science instruction in Spanish, my son has excelled in these subjects. He's not a native Spanish speaker. He is going into the most advanced math classes available in Middle School. I'm not saying that all experiences are alike - but that in our case the language was no barrier whatsoever. I also feel that science has been implemented extremely well at Claremont, especially over the past 2 years.

Posted January 12, 2011
Claremont is an excellent elementary school. The instruction is stellar and the teachers are enthusiastic and make extra efforts to work with your child. Science is taught through a hands-on approach by teachers who only teach science. Despite the fact that we don't speak Spanish at home, my 5th grader is fluent in English and Spanish and excells in subjects in both languages. The principal is especially accessible to parents and students. She listens to and communicates well with parents and students and holds her teachers and staff to the highest standards. The school population is diverse and the emphasis on learning about other cultures has broadened my childrens' horizons. The parents are also very involved and compliment the efforts by the teachers and the administration. I would highly recommend this school.

Claremont Immersion 4

Posted May 25, 2010
I am generally pleased with the school. The 3rd Grade Teachers win all GOLD medals in my book, particularly Mr. Staten. Parent involvement is tremendous in a positive way. I enjoy the activities and events held to encourage camaraderie amongst and between the parents and students.However, I wish the Spanish Immersion aspect of the school could be changed so that the most important subjects, Math and Language Arts and Science could be instructed in ENGLISH...Perhaps having the Music, Art, and even PE be the classes where strictly Spanish is spoken would be a better way Immerse the children, they'd still be hearing & speaking the language & learning those concepts in Spanish, This way, they don't lose out on their mastery of the most important subject matters because of a lack of understanding of Spanish. Overall, the school, teaching and Extended Day Staff are great!.

Posted March 02, 2010
I wish science was better implemented. Having a child lose interest in science during school each year is not fair. Luckily we provide summer enrichment. The art program is spectacular and the changes to give more time in Spanish have worked really well.

Posted January 26, 2010
Thanks 3rd grade teachers! My child enjoys school again. Still, the changes in classes/teachers so frequently during the day seems to make science less than exciting. I suppose this is set up so that Spanish and English homeroom teachers can collaborate. It seems to be working nicely this year and I hope it continues through 5th grade - but it seems that 5th grade test results each year for 3 year in a row don't show that this is working. Low math, English and science scores worry me.

Claremont Immersion
4700 South Chesterfield Rd, Arlington, VA  22206
Last modified Claremont Immersion is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.