PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Potomac Crescent Waldorf School 3

Posted January 26, 2015
Three of the 100 students are NOT IMMUNIZED, as school policy allows parents to "opt-out" of vaccinations. With the exception of that troubling detail, this looks like an ideal school. --Prospective parent

Potomac Crescent Waldorf School 1

Posted September 01, 2014
BEWARE. I put a deposit down for the parent/child class. I signed up for the required nelnet payment service and purchased the optional tuition insurance (in the case the child was unable to continue school due to health, family relocation, etc.). I called the day before the 1st tuition payment was scheduled to no answer. I left a message saying we had a last minute relocation, would be unable to attend school this fall, wanted to employ our tuition insurance and not be charged for the 1st half of the tuition payment ($500). I received no call back. I called 2 more times without a return call. I called again at the beginning of this month and spoke with the office. I was told: 1. I would not be receiving a refund for the deposit (which we expected) 2. I would not be receiving a refund of the $500 half payment, even though I gave notice months before school started and you are able to fill my daughters vacant spot with another applicant and collect their tuition 3. The tuition insurance policy cannot be used because we didn't attend school for 2 weeks ( which would be 2 classes). The situation sounds a lot like what we call in the legal world as "unjust enrichment."

Potomac Crescent Waldorf School 5

Posted March 09, 2011
Potomac Crescent is a hidden gem. This steadily growing Waldorf school offers a warm and home-like environment for children from age 2 to grade 3. We moved to Arlington for its public schools, but after experiencing this private school we kept our children here for the grades and couldn't be happier. Now fours years at PCWS with two kids, my only complaint is that they don't currently have space to add more grades! I love walking into the school and smelling fresh baked bread and apple crisp which the children and teachers have prepared together and will share as a snack. The community values food that is real and healthy. I love that children play outside regardless of rain, snow, or sunshine - there is rarely bad weather, just inappropriate clothing - bring your rain gear. There my children sing every day, create beautiful art, work with wood using real hand tools, bake, cook, and sew. Oh, but this is school, right? Yes, every morning the grades have main lesson where they work on reading, writing, and math skills. The art, music, and storytelling are often incorporated as part of the main lessons which are deeply internalized. A great mix of imagination and realness.

Potomac Crescent Waldorf School 5

Posted September 15, 2009
Imagine an oasis in this hectic, often cahotic place, where children can play with toys made of natural materials, enjoy natural light, play with sand, climb a learn walls, appreciate nature and all weather conditions, where rythm is a way of life, art is a language and playing is the rule. Now imagine teachers who take the time to know each child prior to school's first day, who know each child's personal situation, who prepare a place for each on them prior to their arrival, who communicates with parents in person and on the phone just to tell you how your child's day went, who adjust the class dynamics and the class evolves, and who has years of experience and training in early childhood waldorf education. Does it sound too good to be true? I thought the same thing. This school is everything you can wish for and then some.

Potomac Crescent Waldorf School
923 23rd Street South, Arlington, VA  22202
Last modified Potomac Crescent Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5