Posted April 02, 2014
We feel very fortunate to have picked a neighborhood that feeds into such a wonderful Elementary School such as NLE. The Teachers, Administration and PTO are top notch! I'm a full time single working Mom and wish I could be more involved but feel blessed knowing that my children are getting a great education in such a wonderful environment!

Posted March 24, 2014
I have never come across a more diverse school and ALL children are treated equally We are a British family and my daughter has good friends at this school from all different nationalities and backgrounds My daughter has loved both her teachers and all staff have been wonderful when we need any information There's a strong parent presence in the school and they do some fun PTO events This is a school for the all the community it serves

Posted October 24, 2013
Our children's school is amazing, from the front office staff to the teachers and even the custodial crew are invested in making our kids experience the best it can be. A majority of teachers are invested in the teaching our children not just to SOL standards but to standards that will help them transition smoothly into middle and high school. I like the fact my children have exposure to computers, tablets and other technology as well as the traditional learning styles. I would love to see more parents involved in the PTO to learn how much our school does for our kids.

Posted August 27, 2013
This is a fantastic school with a wonderful Vice Principal and staff. The front office seems to run very smoothly and I absolutely adore the school's nurse - she is so sweet and caring! LOVE HER!!! Newton Lee takes into consideration the safety of the students as a paramount issue - this is something I really appreciate. -Parent of a 4th & a 5th grader

Posted January 10, 2013
We have 2 kids in Newton Lee and absolutely love the school. We have moved several times in last 5 years and this is the 3rd elementary school for my son, so we know the difference between excellent and mdeiocre schools. As with everywhere, some teachers in Newton Lee are better than others. But overall its a great school with an outstanding Principal and staff. Its amazing to see how solid parent involvement is, diversity is also a plus factor. In case we ever move, we will definitely miss Newton Lee.

Posted June 29, 2012
Wholeheartedly disagree with the totally subjective post belowl Newton-Lee has quite a diverse population. Why would the staff choose to treat this one person differently? And why would they treat the same person suddenly better when they wanted to enroll their child? This is not a private school. This is not the Ritz. You will not recieve white-glove service at the front desk. They will not receive more money if you enroll your child. In fact, it will only add to the overcrowding situation. Enroll your child somewhere else and leave room for our children who come to school for the excellent education/top-notch staff, extracurricular activities, etc., not the empathy.

Newton-Lee Elementary School 1

Posted February 08, 2012
Was receieved by the staff with an extremely prejudice "I'm better than you" arrogance, although Newton-Lee has a vast majority of students from different backgrounds. However, when the staff thought I was a parent of a child (on a different occasion) they were extremely friendly and welcoming which really put me off, because I knew it was fake. I am not going to enroll my child into this kind of a school, and have warned my friends from it as well. While the world isn't all one race, gender, nationality, and religion - our children should be taught to be open-minded and accepting of people's differences. From this school, they will simply be taught to be rude/arrogant to diversity, unless it compromises their status. I was astonished by how rude they were before, compared to how friendly they were when they thought I was going to enroll my child in this school. Everyone else's review is solely based on being receieved by the staff as a parent.

Posted August 14, 2011
Unbelievable school community with a very dedicated staff. Just look at the parking lot before and after school. The lot still has many many staff cars long after the day is over and before it even begins. They are dedicated to providing the very best for the students. My child has benefitted greatly from the team approach and has really blossomed at Newton-Lee. The events are of very high quality, especially the Music programs and their annual field day is always tied to a curriculum theme. There is so much good to say about this school. Its is an excellent learning community! Take a walk down the halls sometime, the displays are just amazing!

Posted May 20, 2011
Newton-Lee is an amazing school witha wonderful Principal, Administration & Teachers/Staff. They are ALL very dedicated to the best education for all students! We have been very happy with all aspects of NLE. My husband is always impressed with the PTO events and how much school participation there is from students and parents! We love it at Newton-Lee Elementary!

Posted April 09, 2011
Newton-Lee is a great school! My kids have attended in private schools before and I have to say that we didn't experience any quality issues with this school. We are very pleased and our kids love this school. The teachers and staff are friendly and firm when needed.

Newton-Lee Elementary School
43335 Gloucester Parkway, Ashburg, VA  20147
Last modified Newton-Lee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newton-Lee Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top