Posted July 19, 2014
Our first 2 years at Sander's Corner has been absolutely wonderful. The staff is excellent, the class sizes are good, the PTA is active and they have great events for our kids to attend. I couldn't be happier.

Posted June 30, 2014
Sanders Corner is fantastic. We have two kids there and couldn't be happier! Communication between school and parents is great, looking forward to a couple more years here. ES - Ashburn, VA

Posted September 16, 2013
This is the best school that I could have wanted for my son. We moved to the area when my son was in grade 2, now he is in grade 4 and thoroughly enjoys his teachers and school environment. I volunteered throughout his grade 2, teachers were amazing and never made me feel unwanted.

Posted February 28, 2012
Sanders Corner is a great school. We have been at the school for two years and have nothing but positive things to say about it. Our children are now in First and Second grade, The Principal really sets a positive leadership tone and is extremely visible and accesible to the students and parents. I am impressed that she knows each of my childrens' names in a school with over 600 students. Our class sizes this year are under 20/class which is much better than our old school in Loudoun county. Also, one of our children has an IEP and the Special Education staff/resources are top notch. So glad we moved into this School area!

Posted August 15, 2011
My daughter started kindergarten last year. In just one year of kinder she has improved a lot. Her reading , vocabulary and Maths skills are par to Grade 1 students. Miss Brockway is a dedicated and loving teacher and she has helped a lot in grooming my daugther.

Sanders Corner Elementary School 3

Posted April 04, 2011
We are moving to this school district so can anyone tells me the timings of the school. And the kindergarten is full day or half day? Thanks

Posted March 15, 2011
Contrary to the May 15: Parents' involvement at school is good. But as a parent, we have to learn how to let go and let the school take care of our kids. Teachers will know when is a good time to volunteer at school. Just relax and leave all these duties to the teachers. For the SOL's preparation, I feel that school try to do their best to help the students to do the test. We don't want to see the kids are panic when the SOL test is coming around the corner.

Sanders Corner Elementary School 2

Posted May 15, 2010
Contrary to the Nov. 5 reviewers assertions, I'm not a parent who spoils my child in alarming ways or ruining my child. I have made myself available to volunteer for everything that is offered and I have been asked twice all school year to come in.My availablity on the parent volunteer form that was filled out at the beginning of the school year was Mon - Fri, all day. I would love to volunteer and be a visible face at school for my child, but it seems that those opportunities are only available to certain parents. I find the discipline there to be overly rigid and the constant ramming of the SOLs is ridiculous. A 3rd grade child should not be worrying in September about a test he/she will be taking in May. As someone whose children have attended another school, this is NOT the best school you can find.

Posted January 08, 2010

Posted November 05, 2009
This is the best school you can find. The teachers are well prepared and provide an excellent learning environment for our kids. I am a mother of four, wih three children at Sanders so far. The leadership of the principal is astounding. I wish we had the same principal in middle and in high school. Those parents who write negative reviews are those who spoil their kids in alarming ways and actually ruin their children by highly protecting them and not building strong and independent human beings. The discipline at Sanders is the best and builds positive personality, encourages high goals and enriches the best skills in our children. If you want to get involve in your children s education you do not need to go and teach at Sanders, you can do it at home. I congratulate the entire Sanders Corner staff for always acquiring the highest academic levels in the State of Virginia. Keep up these excellent efforts! Thank you!!!

Sanders Corner Elementary School
43100 Ashburn Farm Pkwy, Ashburn, VA  20147
Last modified Sanders Corner Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sanders Corner Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top