Bad
Good

Develops character: Agree

In first grade, my child has different "colors" that represent overall behavior, honesty, etc. They have to report their "color" everyday on a calendar and have parents initial that they've seen it. It's a good way to keep kids honest at this age. It seems any discipline that is necessary is swift and appropriate.

This is my child's first year at Dominion Trail. She's in first grade. We have had nothing but a positive experience with her teacher, the administration, and the environment. My child comes home happy and explains things she's learned that amaze us. The emphasis on reading has been great and she now reads chapter books with ease and excitement. Overall, I am very happy with the full package DTES offers and look forward to what second grade might bring for my kid.

Both of my sons attended DTES from K-5 (oldest is now in HS). School administration changed a couple of years ago and the results have been phenomenal. The kids feel more connected to the school and more comfortable with the administration. The new teachers have had a great impact on the learning environment. We've been very happy with the level of support and involvement from the teachers. The projects are appropriately challenging - even for gifted learners. I do wish some of these changes had happened when my oldest was still there, but am please that my youngest has benefited from some very positive developments.

It's a great school, my son is in 1st grade, he likes to go to school, likes the teacher and class activities and he is improving in all aspects. Like the extra curricular activities conducted in school

I have been involved with DTES for 2 years, going into the 3rd year now. I'm impressed with the quality of education offered! The staff is amazing and friendly! I can't wait util all 4 of my children are in school we are a very proud DTES family! The PTA here is amazing. They are very involved and host a lot of events throughout the year. The PTA raised enough money to buy iPads last year!! While there are complaints and concerns of bullying, I haven't witnessed any serious issues and the issues that have come up are dealt with accordingly!

Everything in the school is great and the teachers are friendly but I DO NOT RECOMMEND this school to ANYONE because they don't focus on your subjects and when you go ask them what they missed, they don't answer you. there are lots of BULLY in school and they bother you and make fun of you.

Dominion Trial is a wonderful school with a supportive environment for kids with special needs and those in regular classroom. The leadership recently changed this year and the morale is wonderful. Teachers are innovative and support kids in learning and meeting goals. There is a very active PTA organization and various after-school enrichment programs that enhance what is taught in the classroom! I couldn't;t ask for a more committed dedicated staff. The school is located in Ashburn Village and is a must for anyone relocating to Northern Virginia.....

My Son has been going to this school for the last 3 years. He did Kindergarten, 1st Grade and is currently in 2nd grade. The first two years we had the best teachers that anyone could ask for. However, since my son started 2nd grade we had nothing but grief. The principal and the staff is wonderful and supportive but the teacher we have Ms. Lori McIntosh is the most unprofessional and incompetent teacher. We were warned at the beginning of the school year by several parents but we did not pay much heed to that. Lo and Behold, we discovered this on our own. This teacher has communication issues. She is not very pleasant to deal. If a child or their parent is not in her good books she will make your life miserable. This forum is not large enough to share all the grievances we have with the teacher. Our son has fallen behind in studies. Principal and Vice Principal has been made aware of the issues and they have so far been very cooperative. If your child is going to be in Ms. Lori McIntosh class ,brace yourself and hope that your child can learn on his own. This teacher works around the concept of loss and fear. Not enough space to explain the "Base ball bat" system she uses.

I have had three children attend this school and couldn't be happier. My older daughter has an IEP for learning disabilities and was accomadated very well. My youngest son has severe physical disabilities and has been well accepted and had many accomadations put in place for him. Administrators are excellent, teachers are wonderful too. Loudoun County has many services and programs in place. Parents are exetremely active and involved. No safety issues whatsoever, excellent community that has tons of amenties including one of the only indoor pools in the area. I would recommmend this school without hesitation...

It was a wonderful school for both of my children.

Last modified Dominion Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.