Ashburn, VA

Cedar Lane Elementary School 1

Posted May 15, 2015
This school breeds a tolerance for bullying. The kids are not properly supervised on the playground infact their playground does not even have a fence. When issues occur it's one kid's word against another. However, the bullying does not just stop with the kids, the P.E. teachers are bona fide bullies themselves. I am vigorously looking for other schools to enroll my kid in. I would NOT recommend this school to anyone.

Posted October 10, 2014
Awesome school, friendly environment, kind teachers who care, and a dynamic principal who is visible, engaging, and very approachable. Implementing Watch Dog Dads was a great move on the schools part! Video newsletters are very 21st century, not to mention a solid and regularly updated Face Book page and Twitter account! A new focus on technology is very visible in this school, and the teacher are working hard to embrace all student needs and learning styles!

Posted July 01, 2013
As a former student of this school, I can honestly say this place was incredible. I stayed every year, from Kindergarten to 5th grade. The teachers were absolutely perfect. The school is really nice and clean too. Everyone there was just full of energy, motivated, and excited to learn which is what kids need to be in elementary school. I remember how amazing the assemblies used to be, how fun the choir concerts were, and making lasting friendships. If your child or someone you know goes here, they are lucky, because this really is the best school in the county. Trust me ive seen the other ones.I wish I could have stayed forever. Love you Cedar Lane. LIONS RULE!!!!

Posted May 02, 2013
I volunteer a lot at Cedar Lane. I cover K-5, the atmosphere is very positive. The students receive Paw Prints for demonstrating acts of kindness. The Principal, Mr. Marple and Vice Principal, Mrs. Hines are active with the student body, staff and parents. I think the expectations of a school starts at the top. Mr. Marple defiantly sets the tone with a happy, supportive environment. He has an open door policy and is very easy to talk with. He works hard to have a team atmosphere. And it shows! Of course, kids have disagreements, however, these are taken care of immediately. I have 3 children. We have been at 2 other schools in Ashburn. And to tell you the truth, we have enjoyed all of them, however, Cedar Lane has a family environment. There are fun programs happening and everyone is involved. There is even a club for people who have English as their 2nd language. They pair up families that speak both languages. And toghether they attend the school programs. So bullying a problem...No, not at all. Just the opposite. Congratulations to the entire staff who make Cedar Lane a positive place to learn!

Cedar Lane Elementary School 1

Posted February 09, 2013
This school lacks what many of the other Ashburn schools have. It's breeds a tolerance of bullying. The kids aren't properly supervised on the playground so when bullying issues occur, it is always one childs word against another and nothing is done. The bullied kids can't go to the administration and have no recourse but to switch schools. Very disappointed in this school.

Posted January 19, 2013
We have been at Cedar Lane for almost 5 years and it has been an amazing experience. There are many schools that can boast great test scores, but Cedar Lane is more than that. The school is a very special environment of tolerance and inclusion which is important for all students - from special ed to the gifted. The culture starts with the amazing administration and is pervasive throughout the school.

Posted April 11, 2012
Mr. Dallas won Principal of the Year! He also is the recipient of the Washington Post's Distinguished Educational Leadership Award! We are so proud of you Mr. Dallas! Cedar Lane is blessed to have you. The leadership of our school starts at the top and filters through the teachers, staff of the building, students and parents. All the staff, students and parents rise to do their best due to your commitment toward education. Thank you for all that you do!

Posted September 14, 2011
I have 4 children in Cedar Lane.. My 4th actually just graduated so I now have 3. From day one if I have ever had any issues or questions they are addressed and handled immediately. From the ladies in the office to Mr. Dallas and Burns to the cafeteria ladies to the bus drivers.. I wouldnt trade this school for anything!!! LOVE IT!!!! From all the teachers we have had I truly have LOVED all of them 15 so far total with 4 kids... (Only 1 did I not care for!! ) This is an AMAZING school

Posted May 22, 2011
Awesome! All three of my children have bloosomed at Cedar Lane. The teachers are wonderful. They not only teach a subject, they have the students aply the information, by completing fun projects. This way the information stays with them for life. I also think the teachers, parents and principal make a great team! I'm proud to be a Lion Parent. Thank you everyone for all your dedication and hard work to make Cedar Lane such a great place to learn.

Posted March 31, 2011
We have 2 children in Cedar Lane (2nd grade and 5th grade) and have been very pleased. Even the bus drivers are top notch. Principals Mr. Dallas and Mr. Burns truly care about the children and their quality of education. Keep up the great work!!!

Cedar Lane Elementary School
43700 Tolamac Dr, Ashburn, VA  20147
Last modified Cedar Lane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cedar Lane Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top