Ashburn, VA
Students enrolled: 1,141

Eagle Ridge Middle School 2

Posted April 13, 2015
Coming from the elementary school (which was simply wonderful), I had high expectations. These have not been met. The communication to parents is embarrassing, the attitudes of some of the teachers is appalling (though we have encountered a few amazing teachers, keyword: few), the school seems disorganized, and many of the teachers treat your child as an inconvenience (mine and as told by neighbors/friends). Not impressed and will be switching schools.

Posted May 19, 2014
I am an eighth grader at eagle ridge. I'm new to the school and I was shocked to see how many cliques and bullying goes on in the school. I take french and the French teacher barely teaches anything and I'm scared that I'm going to fall behind when I get to french 3 in 9th grade. Another problem is that the teachers except for math all teach the same units we've gone over in past years. All in all never send your child to eagle ridge middle school or they will absolutely fall behind once they get to high school.

Posted January 29, 2013
In 5th grade, my daughter had a lot of homework to prepare her for Middle school. In middle school, she had close to NO homework. Her grades were good and she took 2 years of French. She is now in high school and she is grossly unprepared for the homework load. Through the parent grapevine, I hear that Stone Hill MS prepares the students much better than Eagle Ridge(ER). My daughter learned close to nothing in French. She never had homework. How can you learn a language with no homework?All of the ER students that I know struggled and even quit French in High School. Stone Hill students were much better prepared. If we could afford to send our other kids elsewhere, we would. If you have an option, go somewhere else other than ER. I also have heard that one of the Spanish teachers at ER is terrible. My daughter had many strange stories about some of her teachers. There were a few that she really liked but overall, our experience there was terrible.

Eagle Ridge Middle School 3

Posted August 07, 2012
My issue isn't with any of the academic-related teachers, it is with some of the admin staff. My daughter's lunch funds hadn't posted to her account yet, & I didn't realize it. My daughter, who was new to the school, was embarassed when they wouldn't let her buy lunch due to insufficient funds (my mistake).When my daughter called me from the office, she was crying. I was unable to make it to the school in time to bring her cash, as I am a single parent, and I was working in MD that day. The secretary offered (I didn't ask) to loan my daughter lunch money for that day. She was so nice about it, and I thanked her and told her my daughter would pay her back within the next day or two. The next day I forgot to send my daughter with the $5 (my mistake again). While in class, the grade secretary (who wasn't even the lady who was involved) went to the classroom that my daughter was in and asked her out into the hallway. She then asked my daughter where the money that the secretary loaned her was. My daughter was humiliated.When I emailed the staff to bring up my concern, I was IGNORED. I can't believe this behavior by "teachers" over $5.My daughter is well behaved & in all AP classes.

Posted January 25, 2012
This school was in a great pyramid for my elementary and soon to be high schooler. Although there are mixed reviews, as an educator I understood people stand on a soap box, so I was not too concerned. My middle schooler is very well adjusted, as we move frequently. The student has never had a problem getting sraight A's. I figured, how bad could it be, right? The lack of academic support given to the entering students and the over bearing nature of the school is appauling. The kids are not allowed to co-mingle with other grades. Why? I am not sure. It seems that this only teaches the students that seperation and discrimination are tolerated. We had an awful experience trying to get into Spectrum. The Spectrum teacher was no help and the vice principal and the district just kept stating that their hands were tied due to process. We are over half way through the year and although my student qualifies, the student cannot be admitted to the class due to some district hang up. The process was started before school ever started. In my opinion perhaps the process needs to be revisited. I could go on about lack of guidence, leadership and overall professionalism, but I am out of space.

Posted March 27, 2011
ERMS has thebest string program in the area. PTA is well involved and very supportive of all the teachers' programs.

Posted March 17, 2011
Our experience at Eagle Ridge has been great. We appreciate that the principal is willing to stand up for kids and set some expectations rather than just give in everytime there is a complaint that is based on a sense of entitlement rather than on what is the right thing for kids. The teachers are hard working and top notch and we are very proud to be an Eagle family!

Posted September 23, 2010
Eagle Ridge used to be a well-balanced school where decisions were made based on the needs of the students. It was the first middle school in Loudoun County to become a School to Watch. Those days are now gone. The new principal is only interested in "climbing the ladder." She does not have any interest in providing a safe, well-balanced educational environment for the students. They have been reduced to "elementary school" rules and the teachers are treated as if they are children instead of experienced professionals.An insecure principal, as this one is, has tuned the school toxic. It is tragic to see a great school destroyed!

Posted August 10, 2010
the school has a bullying problem. Reports to adminstration (vice principal) are dismissed. Some very good teachers.

Posted April 14, 2010
It's nationally recognized as a SCHOOL TO WATCH !!! It's recognized by the Govenor of Virginia as a School of Excellence!!! According to Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth, ERMS is one of the TOP 10 middle schools in the state of Virginia with students of exceptional achievement.

Eagle Ridge Middle School
42901 Waxpool Rd, Ashburn, VA  20148
Last modified Eagle Ridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eagle Ridge Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top