Ashburn, VA
Students enrolled: 1,093

Posted November 08, 2014
I attend this school and I really love it with the staff and the learning environment. I think that all new to Middle School should come here.

Posted June 20, 2012
Our child was new to this school last fall and my husband and I were confident that he would have a pretty good experience at SHMS based on the research we did before moving to this school boundary zone. For the record, my husband and I attended FIVE different middle school open house presentations in Loudoun County and we were shocked at how much disparity exists among the middle schools in our area. For example, some schools have a strong honors program, some have a "blended" program - in other words, no honors program. And the list of differences goes on and on. Suffice to say, we picked the middle school with the best attributes and administration, and we love the level of diversity among the students and the academic rigor provided by the teachers. We highly recommend this school...and our student didn't just have a pretty good experience his first year at SHMS, he had an absolutely fantastic year! We LOVE this school.

Posted April 25, 2012
Stone Hill Middle School is exceptional. We have experience with private and public (Flint Hill, Loudoun Country Day School), and SHMS outshines both of them. The administration is absolutely exceptional. I don't know how they manage to know every kid personally but they do! Classes are challenging. The kids are great kids. Parents are involved, and it shows. They also do a great job preparing them for high school through planned coursework (a 6-year plan), visits from Briar Woods counselors, and student visits to the high school. I feel blessed that our family os part of the SHMS community.

Posted January 01, 2012
We have two boys in this school, and love it. School is safe as it is in the end of the street. We don't have to worry about kids getting hit by a car anymore as in the elementary school they went before. Kids love to learn in this school. They are in honor roll classes and are challenged. Teachers are great! We get regularly emails from important tests...boys are working independently and hardly ever ask help with the school work. School has a lot of after school activities and activity bus. Boys love the school and we cannot be happier them enjoying the school work again...

Posted October 25, 2011
This is an excellent school. My daughter was an 8th grader when the school was opened and my son is now in his third year (8th) at the school. The teachers are excellent and communicate well with parents on their student progress throughout the year. They really try to ensure that parents are aware of homework and project deadlines. I have heard very good remarks on the principal and his management style from others that have worked with him directly. The school boys basketball team is very good and the 7th grader team won their championship during the 2010-2011 school year. The only recommendation that I would give is to integrate more the athletic accomplishments with academics. Athletics become more important in high school but SH middle school can put more efforts in getting exposure and recognition in the sport/athletic arena. The school has accomplished a lot since it first opened and it has to do with the leadership, teachers, staff and parent involvement and commitment.

Stone Hill Middle School 4

Posted August 28, 2011
Having experienced 4 middle schools in the 10 mile radius, I speak from some experience in saying that I feel blessed to have one of my children attending here!Our son,now in 7th grade, has blossomed in this environment. The staff has the rare skill of integrating their highly 100%academically focused population with their less prominent primarily socially focused with their 100% atheletically focused(an obvious minority here) and creating a success model standard that all of the groups seem to strive for. This idealized hybrid accepts all groups and encourages those weker in some areas to "man up" and get stronger and those who are unbalanced to "man up" and get their equilibriums! AWESOME life prep in light of all of the hormones they are all overwhelmed with! Bravo educators for graciously accepting what the parents have togive without judgement and with such team spirit! bfj

Stone Hill Middle School 4

Posted May 05, 2011
I very pleased with SHMS. The principal is competent, very caring and dedicated. Some of the teachers are excellent and some need improvement, but that is expected from any school. Overall is a great school in a nice area.

Posted April 06, 2009

Stone Hill Middle School 0

Posted March 31, 2009
Great school. Excellent teachers, principal and administrastion. Students are challenged. Safe environment. Very clean and new. Lots of diversity and academically motivated students.

Stone Hill Middle School 1

Posted February 15, 2009

Stone Hill Middle School
23415 Evergreen Ridge Drive, Ashburn, VA  20148
Last modified Stone Hill Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stone Hill Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top