No rating

Ha'Penny Montessori School

Private | K

Living in Ashburn

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $355,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,620.

Sweep tile

Posted March 19, 2014

I would like readers to know my husband and I have had three children attend Ha penny Montessori School. My review is based on over five years with this school and I have first-hand experience with almost every classroom teacher currently working at Ha penny Montessori School. Contrary to other reviews, Ha penny Montessori School has provided my children with a wonderful and enriching educational experience that is second to none. The director as well as the teachers are extremely loving and very dedicated to the school and parents. I only wish that Ha penny Montessori School would extend its program through Elementary so that my older children could continue to benefit from the amazing learning environment they provide. I highly recommend that any parent who is interested in high quality early education seriously consider Ha penny Montessori School.

Posted March 18, 2014

I have two children at HMS, one in the toddler class and another in the primary. I have been extremely happy with this school. The teachers are very well versed in the Montessori system and keep up with yearly trainings. Since enrolling, my kids have exuded a high level of confidence as well as academics. I toured a lot of schools prior to enrolling and this is the best decision I have made so far. I have had the opportunity to observe both classes while in session and I have nothing but high praise for their teachers and the individual interactions they have with all the children. The Director's number one priority is the children and this is clearly shown in how my kids as well as the other children completely light up and tell her about their day. She is welcoming and very easy to deal with on all levels. The school operates on Loudoun county school closures and openings when it snows. With the numerous snow days that we have had this year she has had so much compassion for working parents and has kept the school open even when loudoun county was closed. HMS gives me a high sense of security and academic excellence for my children.

Posted March 8, 2014

Unfortunately, our experience with Ha'Penny was sadly and hugely disappointing. I would highly recommend to anyone contemplating this school to also carefully consider other site reviews (Google, etc.), as well as certifications and class size. The school has requested referrals in its newsletters so bear that in mind as you review. We were tremendously concerned and disappointed by a teacher's and the director's interactions with our small child and our family as a whole. In addition, the primary class was not what we perceived as Montessori-like at all and instead was often noisy and appeared to us quite chaotic instead of the serene environment often found in montessori schools. Perhaps this was due to the high numbers. I don't think all classes there are that way but I can offer nothing good in regard to our experience in this particular primary classroom or at this school.

Posted February 6, 2014

My son has been at HMS for 9 months and we're very happy with the school. They welcome every child in the morning personally and they make you feel like your child is important. Even teachers who are not in my son's class always greet him by name. The administrator is great! She's loving and has worked with us when we've needed anything. He's developing wonderfully and learning so much. I always said i would only put my child in a school that has cameras, so i can keep an eye on him, but i felt comfortable with HMS from the moment i visited and still feel comfortable when i drop my son off. Great school!

Posted July 3, 2012

My daughter has been at Ha'penny for a year now and my husband and I feel like it's the best decision we ever made. We started her on a part-time basis but she loved it so much we quickly had to enrol her full time! She has learnt a whole lot this past year in her toddler class and we are looking forward to her primary year. Muiride and staff make us feel like family!! They are right there with you when your child is sick to when you the parent need a hug if you a bit knackered. She is always available to listen to concerns and being a mother herself, she takes the nurturing of the kids to another level! You will not regret choosing Ha'penny for your child.

Posted July 2, 2012

We have been nothing but pleased with the education our children have received at this school from infant through primary classes. Our daughter was far above her peers when she left Ha'Penny to attend public kindergarten and we anticipate the same for our son next fall. The administrator is fabulous and her door is always open with any questions or concerns you may have. We have always felt very safe leaving our children here and would highly recommend this school to anyone interested.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 26, 2012

My son recently completed the toddler program and is headed into to primary. The teachers, staff and director are very warm and loving. We are so proud of where he is at academically and socially and we can thank the school for that. The director is compassionate, easy to talk to and willing to offer advice or suggestions. I can t say enough about the school and how much my son loves it!

Posted December 9, 2011

Excellent school. Director and teachers are committed to students both academically and emotionally. Great activities and parental involvement. We have been at the school for four years.

Posted May 3, 2011

This is an excellent school with very caring teachers and administration. My son always amazes us with what he learns each month. They have a low teacher turn-over and a family-like environment. I highly recommend this school. My son attended for 2 years and we are enrolling our daughter in their infant program in the fall.

Posted November 19, 2009

Ha'Penny Montessory School, as it has been renamed recently, has a fantastic team of teachers. The new owner is really committed, she loves teaching and kids, my daughter always comes with stories of new things learned.

Posted July 30, 2009

We have had our children here for 4 years. We kept coming back because of the teacher my children had. We are very excited to have a new director who has been teaching at the school since it opened. She has already made changes that improve the school and she has over 16 years of teaching experience. You should check out the school.

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

20854 Stubble Rd