Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Office Staff is very unfriendly to new parents, they expect you to be expert coming in. If you ask a question you are looked down at. The lady at the front desk roles her eyes about everything. Over all you don't get a comforting feeling from the Administration. Principle is also not too impressive either.

AES has really started to decline since a new principal came on board. There is a lack of a sense of community now. The teacher morale is at an all time low evidenced by the mass exodus of staff this past year. We used to be rated a 9 out of 10 and was a wonderful environment for my children to be educated in. Now the school is run more like a business and less like an educational institution. The focus is more on the image and less on the character of the students being educated. The teachers are doing the best they can but get little to no support from the administration. There is definite tension felt between staff and the administration and makes for a very uncomfortable learning environment. The lack of genuineness and no real sense of caring from the administration and this alienates a lot of families and their overall willingness to participate in school activities. I hope the school board wakes up and steps in soon before this school continues its downward spiral. As more teachers leave you will be left with an uncaring administration and beaten down or equally apathetic teachers.

AES is an awesome school. My son moved in from CT during the mid-year and we have had no anxious moments at all as he had such a smooth transition. Principal, Teachers and the rest of the staff are amazing. The students are also equally excellent. Totally AES can be graded as great elementary school in Ashburn.

We just completed our first year at Ashburn Elementary School. We are a military family so this is not our first elementary school. AES had a new principle last year and is going through a few growing pains, as to be expected, but over all it's still a wonderful school with caring and gifted teachers. There is a lot of parent involvement, which is wonderful, though you do deal with the cliques that can be difficult to break into. Families who live in Ashburn are friendly but tend to be very busy so it's difficult being new and making true friends. I feel this bleeds over into the atmosphere of the school.

My daughter came from Costa Rica speaking no English. The teachers welcomed her and created a comfortable learning environment for her. Soon she started learning English and making friends with her new classmates. Loudoun county schools rank best in the United States and now I can see why.

This is one of the best elementary school. After so much of analysis, we moved to Ashburn from Herndon. My son started his 1st grade here and is in end of 2nd grade doing extremely excellent. From Principal to Teachers, they are an awesome bunch. Whatever he is now and will be in future, I am sure, these teachers are the foundation. I really appreciate the way the classes are designed with all levels of kids. The balance the teachers do is really amazing. I have seen some kids transition from the lowest level in the beginning and one of the best at the end of the year. I would always recommend this school.

I loooove Ashburn Elem. The teachers and principal are wonderful. We moved here from Vienna(Oakton) in Fairfax County and we've never looked back. My son is doing so much better than he was in Fairfax.The Staff is very supportive and really care.There's so much to do here. I recommend this school to anybody.

Last modified Ashburn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.