Ashburn Elementary School 3

Posted August 31, 2013
AES has really started to decline since a new principal came on board. There is a lack of a sense of community now. The teacher morale is at an all time low evidenced by the mass exodus of staff this past year. We used to be rated a 9 out of 10 and was a wonderful environment for my children to be educated in. Now the school is run more like a business and less like an educational institution. The focus is more on the image and less on the character of the students being educated. The teachers are doing the best they can but get little to no support from the administration. There is definite tension felt between staff and the administration and makes for a very uncomfortable learning environment. The lack of genuineness and no real sense of caring from the administration and this alienates a lot of families and their overall willingness to participate in school activities. I hope the school board wakes up and steps in soon before this school continues its downward spiral. As more teachers leave you will be left with an uncaring administration and beaten down or equally apathetic teachers.

Posted March 06, 2012
AES is an awesome school. My son moved in from CT during the mid-year and we have had no anxious moments at all as he had such a smooth transition. Principal, Teachers and the rest of the staff are amazing. The students are also equally excellent. Totally AES can be graded as great elementary school in Ashburn.

Ashburn Elementary School 4

Posted July 17, 2011
We just completed our first year at Ashburn Elementary School. We are a military family so this is not our first elementary school. AES had a new principle last year and is going through a few growing pains, as to be expected, but over all it's still a wonderful school with caring and gifted teachers. There is a lot of parent involvement, which is wonderful, though you do deal with the cliques that can be difficult to break into. Families who live in Ashburn are friendly but tend to be very busy so it's difficult being new and making true friends. I feel this bleeds over into the atmosphere of the school.

Posted June 24, 2009
My daughter came from Costa Rica speaking no English. The teachers welcomed her and created a comfortable learning environment for her. Soon she started learning English and making friends with her new classmates. Loudoun county schools rank best in the United States and now I can see why.

Posted April 29, 2009
This is one of the best elementary school. After so much of analysis, we moved to Ashburn from Herndon. My son started his 1st grade here and is in end of 2nd grade doing extremely excellent. From Principal to Teachers, they are an awesome bunch. Whatever he is now and will be in future, I am sure, these teachers are the foundation. I really appreciate the way the classes are designed with all levels of kids. The balance the teachers do is really amazing. I have seen some kids transition from the lowest level in the beginning and one of the best at the end of the year. I would always recommend this school.

Posted January 20, 2009

Posted March 22, 2007
I loooove Ashburn Elem. The teachers and principal are wonderful. We moved here from Vienna(Oakton) in Fairfax County and we've never looked back. My son is doing so much better than he was in Fairfax.The Staff is very supportive and really care.There's so much to do here. I recommend this school to anybody.

Posted April 22, 2006
This is a wonderful school. We are relocating this summer and can only hope our children's next school is as good as Ashburn has been. It is academically sound and offers many extracurrical and other activities for the children and their parents.

Posted January 14, 2005
My son transferred from Fairfax County to Ashburn Elementary in mid-year, so we were afraid of how he would adjust to the new school, and how that would affect his grades. However, upon visiting it and meeting some of the staff, we immediately felt really good about the new school . And now that my son has been there for the past year and we got to know some of the parents and teachers, I can tell you Ashburn is a great school, with a principal and staff who really care about their students.

Ashburn Elementary School
44062 Fincastle Dr, Ashburn, VA  20147
Last modified Ashburn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ashburn Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top