Bad
Good

My brother and I both went to Elmont as children. My son and I lived with my parents for two years when he started school until I found a house in the Elmont area for the two of us because I refused to let him attend any other school. Elmont, in my opinion, is the only school left that still lets our children be children and doesn't force them to grow up too quickly. There are still teachers employed there from when I was a student and still remember me! It's amazing how close the staff is (bus drivers and lunch ladies included!) with every single family. If you're thinking about relocating your family to the Elmont area, you will NOT be disappointed!

I think this is a wonerful school. I agree with previous comment about a family environment. My child is very happy at Elmont. I feel the quality if education is top notch.

I moved here from NJ in Oct. 2010. When I first looked at this school greatschools.org it was rated a 6 and now in Jan. 2011 I see it is a 7. I can truly say I was welcomed the minute I came to the school. Getting up very early for the bus was different. My son's teacher recognized right away that he was struggling in reading. She did have a different style of teaching but I have learned from her that she is only getting the children ready for third grade. I would highly recommend this school. Thanks again Elmont.

My children went through this school a few years ago and I can not say enough about the teachers and the administration! Never was one of our issues not dealt with quickly and concisely. My children are almost in high school and I love helping out whenever they need me at Elmont!

I can not think of enough wonderful things to say about this school. Just as another reviewer wrote, Elmont is like a close family and they really make you feel welcome. Not only are the staff members attentive, organized, informative, not to mention oh so nice, but they also have a VERY active PTA made up of wonderful people who welcome you and encourage you to participate. This school is small so perhaps it is easier to know the kids and family members by name, but it makes you feel warm nonetheless. This is one of the more diverse elementary schools in Hanover, and I have found this to be an asset. Not sure why GreatSchools rates Elmont a 6; if I could I'd give it a 10!

Elmont has excellent teachers. They are close like a family. The principal greets the kids and learns their names. Family is welcome for lunch or to visit the classroom. Class size is small (max.19). Security is good. The school is tucked into cozy grove of trees. It's a little happy world with lots smiles. Even grandparents are recognized by name and encouraged to participate. They have great projects like the garden that gets new additions annually. The sets for their shows are creative and beautiful. I never worry about the kids at school. I know it is a second home.

We absolutely love this school. This is our first year here and after coming from a snotty school in the west end, it has been a welcomed change for us. The staff and administration are so good at keeping us informed and being helpful. The teacher are phenomenal. Thanks for all you've done Elmont!

This school is the greatest my son went in to elmont not able to talk and now is talking up a storm! I rate this scool EXCELLENT for that and it is a small scool so they know you it feels like a big family

my child had an excellent time. going here. i and she loved all of the teachers!!! and especially the principle, Mr. Hardy,and the Assistant principle, Ms. Pitts. :)

Last modified Elmont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.