Bealeton, VA

Posted May 04, 2014
I came in knowing the reputation for this school. Although it isnt as bad as I had originally heard (fights, drugs were not as rampant as I had heard) the communication is lacking. Its nearly impossible to keep up with what work your children have due, guidance doesnt respond to correspondence. Children are not able to retrieve things from their lockers more than twice a day, forget your lunch? Either buy or dont eat because you can't go get it. Like many schools these days classes are split up between quiet, well behaved and everyone else not actual tests scores for gifted classes. I gave them two stars because there are some very caring teachers there doing the best they can with the situation and homework levels are more appropriate than some schools I've seen. Dont expect any real sports here, the county decided these weren't necessary (even after someone stepped forward offering to donate the money to keep them going). The school board here is useless but the new superintendent seems better than the last so far. Really wish I had another option.

Cedar Lee Middle School 1

Posted November 13, 2011
My youngest son attended Cedar Lee Middile school and simply put, it was a very disappointing and frustrating experience for him and his parents. Mr. Parker as a principal seems to be fairly oblivious to what goes on in his building as he has teachers (6th grade math) who do not follow county pacing guides allowing for poor results on SOL's test. Unprofessional e mails have been sent by teachers (7th grade Civics) along with grading practices that do not accurately reflect what the student is doing in class. My oldest son attended Taylor Middle school and there is simply no comparison. Cedar Lee was a major disappointment

Cedar Lee Middle School 3

Posted July 15, 2011
I didn't like the principal very much, but the teachers were amazing when I was there. Sure I came to school later into the year, the teachers helped me catch up. The elective teachers are just as amazing as the core teachers.

Posted May 28, 2010
As a parent of a child who has attended Cedar Lee for 2 years I can honestly say my husband and I are both are disappointed in the school. Our original impression of the Principal was a good one, but after walking in hearing him yelling at the front of the cafeteria one day that has changed. There are some wonderful teachers at this school who truly care about the children, but there are some who do the bare minimum, don't respond to calls and yell at the children. The site is not updated and often calls and emails are not responded to. My son, who is smaller then the other children, has been beaten up repeatedly (on the record). On the advice of his psychologist we will be homeschooling our son next school year or 8th grade.

Posted December 28, 2009

Posted May 14, 2009
I love my school. Even though I do not like the principal that much... I love the teachers like Mr. Almarode, Mrs. Davis, Mr. Bern, Mrs. Woods, Mrs. McCluskey, Mr. Harris, Mrs. Rossell, Mrs. Harvel & Mr. Lee (The assistant principal.) Our school is really fun & our teachers are amazing, but we still learn. I wouldn't want our school any other way.

Posted January 26, 2009

Posted October 17, 2006
CLMS is a great school! No only in the classroom but in other activities as well! The kids have coaches that not only give them confidence but help them as players too. Also other activities like the NJHS the SCA and the FFA are a great way to get the students involved! The number of activities to do after school grows every year! it really gives the students some thing to look forward too!! Cedar Lee Middle School is a great school!!!

Posted September 28, 2006
Cedar Lee has been nothing but Grrrrreat!!! I love my sons teachers, The Principal, and especially Mr.Harris and Mr.Dodson, the football coaches... They have built his self-esteem and taught him to stay driven... I am sooooo happy with the level of discipline that is expected in Cedar Lees Football program. What a spirited school!! The principal is just #1. Soooo enthusiastic about all of the children, and it was great to see him after school at the football game and supporting the NJHS. So far I absolutely LOVE Cedar Lee.

Posted June 30, 2006
Cedar Lee was a big disappointment for my family. My son was GT and placed in remedial classes. I had to come in and push for my son to get into GT courses where he should have been from the beginning. Acadmenics should be #1, not sports.

Cedar Lee Middle School
11138 Marsh Road, Bealeton, VA  22712
Last modified Cedar Lee Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cedar Lee Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top