Posted August 19, 2014
We absolutely love this school and all 4 of my kids have gone through Kipps (4tth currently in 2nd grade). The administration (Mr. Widrig) and staff teachers are phenomenal. They are caring, the teachers love their job, respect each other and it shows. This school has a positive inclusive vibe from top-down. AND they are very welcoming to students from all countries/backgrounds. I firmly believe the test scores are slightly lower just because of all the international students and students whose parents are visiting scholars, graduate students or post-docs at VT. But those families bring so much diversity and interest to the school. WE love how they are included, incorporated and welcomed (Unlike some of the other elementary schools that 'don't want those families' because they lower test scores). I would take Kipps real-world view any day and would rather have my child exposed to all of that and embrace that diversity. This is truly a great elementary school and everything you would want for your child.

Posted May 11, 2014
We have been very happy with my child's experience in kindergarten. The teachers are kind and I receive more artwork than worksheets. I value the social experience as much as the learning. My child was quickly identified for advanced curriculum and the teachers have developed unique activities to ensure my child is challenged. I see the principal at all events. My child is happy and thriving. The staff are friendly. My only reason for the 4 stars is that the lunch room seems chaotic at times and I wish there was more emphasis on teaching empathy and inclusivity.

Posted May 20, 2013
Great school, especially the music program. Mr. Chilcote has is a phenomenal music teacher- Kipps is lucky to have him. Have had children in this school for 10 years, and am so happy they have attended this school. Loved the teachers that didn't emphasize the SOL or "teach to the test"- wish those pressures weren't in force, as they are in all public schools. Thanks to all at Kipps for your hard work!

Posted May 08, 2013
Kipps is really an excellent school. Since the redistricting last year, the school is not even close to capacity (unlike the other Blacksburg elementary schools). My daughter's class only has 17 kids in it and my son's only had 16 until 1 moved in. Small classes, wonderful teachers, very positive and challenging environment. I truly believe it is the best elementary school in Blacksburg.

Posted May 01, 2013
Great elementary school. Very nice teachers and staff. But I gave this school 4 stars because of the music teacher. He is way too strict and sometimes mean to newcomers to this school. It will be a very hard class for your child if he/she just entered and doesn't have advanced music abilities.

Posted September 15, 2011
Both of my children go to Kipp's and I am so very grateful for Kipp's, My youngest started Pre-K last yr and his teacher's go way beyond there duties as teacher's, Mikey truely loved Mrs.Wall and Ruppert and missed them so much through the summer, when we went for orientation both Makayla and Mikey went to see there teacher's from last yr. when I seen Mikey hug his teachers it brought tears to my eye's because I knew he no longer would these wonderful women everyday any longer I also seen that they both truely love there students,

Kipps Elementary School 3

Posted October 29, 2010
Kipps Elementary really is a great school. My child had attended Kipps, and the staff is friendly and understanding (especially the teachers.) My child does not attend Kipps anymore as he has moved on to a higher grade, and he misses attending Kipps so much. I would definitely recommend this elementary school.

Kipps Elementary School 3

Posted June 09, 2010
I was curious about the April review so I looked up Kipps report card. See https://p1pe.doe.virginia.gov/reportcard/. Curiously the Limited English Proficiency groups consistently past the test well above average: 95% for English performance; 92% for Math; 100% for history and 86% for Science, all according to 2008-2009 data.

Kipps Elementary School 1

Posted February 20, 2010
Everytime my daughter had lunch at school, she always found a gray hair in her food. Even I had lunch and I found one. The lunch ladies do not wear hairnets! And the cafteria is not clean, and the bathrooms' toilets don't flush and are not clean. Horrible. I would not reccoment Kipps Elementary, I don't know how the students there survive.

Posted October 24, 2009

Kipps Elementary School
2801 Prices Fork Rd, Blacksburg, VA  24060
Last modified Kipps Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kipps Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top