Blacksburg, VA

Posted January 16, 2010
So thankful to all the teachers and staff for their hardwork and dedication in making Gateway such an awesome place. I have seen so many improvements over the past few years. The traditional classes were a much needed change. I am so happy to see this school continue to move forward in excellence while keeping God first.

Posted November 11, 2008
As a graduate of Gateway, and a parent of two current students, I must strongly disagree with the April 29, 2008 review. The 2008/2009 school year may prove to be the best year yet at Gateway. The school has moved away from the ACE curriculum and is back to a traditional classroom format using the ABEKA curriculum. They have a larger, more qualified staff than ever before. In past years, there was too much 'free time' for the students. The school now has far more structure and students are learning the importance of good study habits. The dress code, which had been slipping for several years, has been much improved. Most importantly, I am thrilled with the increased emphasis on the spiritual growth of my children. I think it's important to remember that negative reviews often come from disgruntled former church members or parents who did not fully support the school.

Posted November 06, 2008
Excellent learning environment.

Posted November 06, 2008

Gateway Christian School 1

Posted April 29, 2008
My personal rule has always been to say nothing rather than be negative in any situation, but I'm breaking my own rule in the hopes that I may keep someone from making the same mistake as I did. Gateway is not the school that it once was. My child spent his last year of High School being homeschooled in order to complete grades 11 & 12 and graduate on time with a diploma that meant more than simply, I went to school for 13 years! Instead of having a senior year to remember with lifelong friends and celebration, my child began school in July and worked long days including several weekends, with only his family for support and encouragement. Parents, take an interest in your child's schoolwork beyond grades and parent/teacher conferences. Be aware of the knowledge required for each grade level and make certain that your child acquires it.

Gateway Christian School 1

Posted February 06, 2008

Posted May 30, 2004

Gateway Christian School
2196 Harding Road, Blacksburg, VA  24060
Last modified Gateway Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Gateway Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top