Blairs, VA

Southside Elementary School 4

Posted August 02, 2005
I am the parent of a child with disabilities, and as much as I like the staff of Southside I wish they had a stronger Special Education program. I think the principal is a great asset to Southside and the assistant principal is also a great addition to a winning team of teachers and other staff members. I think it is the Special Education program itself that needs work. There ara quite a few extra activities at the school, but they are not set up for the children with disibilities. I am sure that all children are encouraged to join in all activities, but it just isn`t possible for all to do so.

Southside Elementary School 5

Posted July 11, 2005
I believe that Southside is one of the best elementary schools in the state. The teachers are caring and see the students as individuals. They stay on top of the latest developement in elementary education and are involved in the extra curricular activities of the students. The Principals and staff members never forget that it is all about the children. There are a variety of sport programs including football, soccer and T-ball. Along with basketball and cheerleading. I do feel however, that more parents need to get involved in volunteering for some of the activities.

Southside Elementary School 5

Posted August 23, 2003
I think some of the teachers are great. Other don't care. I like the school. The principal is very nice.He cares about the children.Some of the parents need to get more involved

Southside Elementary School
440 East Witt Rd, Blairs, VA  24527
Last modified Southside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southside Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top