Bon Air, VA
Before care: Yes

Posted May 10, 2014
Top-notch school. Strong PTA, dedicated teachers, strong leadership in the Principal and Vice Principal. My kids love it, we love it.

Posted March 06, 2014
I can't say enough positive things about this school! I have 3 children attending currently, 2 of which require IEPs. The staff has a real sense of teamwork, and truly care about all of the children. They are patient, extremely helpful, and work hard to keep the ball rolling on getting your children the assistance they need. There is a strong feeling of community and family that comes from staff, PTA, and the children. I have found that teachers from previous years that my children have attended continue to be involved, and show a real interest in each child's progression. Also, they have 0% tolerance for bullying. Wonderful school!

Posted February 10, 2014
Bon Air is wonderful. My daughter is in K this year. It's been a great experience. Her teacher is so caring and dedicated, the environment is welcoming, all of the staff have been so sweet and lovely, and the principal and assistant principal are very present. There is a ton of involved parents and it has a community feel to it. I feel so fortunate that my daughter can learn in such a great environment. We debated private school vs public but decided we should at least try Bon Air because we had only heard great things. I am so glad we did!!!

Posted December 27, 2013
Currently I'm an 8th grader now but I used to go to Bon Air. It was an amazing experience! My teachers were very helpful and always encouraging me to try my best. I really love the art program at Bon Air because it's very fun and creative. However I think there should be stricter bus rules because when I went there the bus was straight up loud. But Bon Air is a great school and besides that I sure miss it! Go Eagles!!

Posted October 16, 2011
Bon Air is a wonderful school with diversity, wonderful resource programs, caring and dedicated teachers, and a very responsive administration. I won't say there haven't been any problems (particularly on the bus) but the amazing thing about Bon Air is how quickly, competently, and with caring these issues have been resolved. My children are receiving a top-notch education in a public school setting...the best of all worlds. They will be ready for the real world when the time is right.

Posted October 15, 2009
My daughter is in Kindergarten. We love this school. The teachers are wonderful and there is so much parent involvement. We love this fact that this school is diverse and our daughter has the opportunity to learn from the rich cultures of other students. Also, the academics are excellent, test scores are high and classrooms are so kid friendly. The resource programs are first rate ( music, art, computer, library and PE program). Just a wonderful environment for learning.

Bon Air Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
the teachers there care so much about each child and prepare them well for the higher grades, so they can do well and accomplish their goals. They also make each child feel special.

Posted August 17, 2009

Posted February 20, 2008
I have one child who has been at Bon Air Elementary K through her current 3rd grade year. My other child was at Bon Air from 3rd through 5th grade and is now in 7th grade. I have been very impressed with the Principal and teachers at Bon Air. The PTA is great and Mr. Tetlow and Mrs. Lowery are awesome!

Bon Air Elementary School 0

Posted October 25, 2007
My husband and I moved to the Bon Air district after a lot of research about the school and the community. I could not be happier about our decision to move here. Our two children love the school and their teachers. The administration is very helpful and cooperative. You get that 'small town' feeling of community here that is so hard to come by these days--and another great thing about Bon Air is that there isn't room for any more development so it will stay small. We have never regreted our decision to move here. We love Bon Air!

Bon Air Elementary School
8701 Polk St, Bon Air, VA  23235
Last modified Bon Air Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bon Air Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top