Bristow, VA

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 22, 2015
This school has an great environment and the teachers are great. They use state of the art learning tools and education material.

Posted June 22, 2015
This school is awesome. I moved to my house because of this school. They are warm and welcoming and the staff si caring and pro-active

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 21, 2015
There is a great atmosphere in the building, the students feel like the are welcomed and the admin and teachers reply care.

Posted March 01, 2015
I have 2 children at Bristow Run. The teachers are fantastic and the school is so very welcoming to parents. My kids are learning and are happy to go to school every day.

Posted April 24, 2014
I have two children attend BRES. I absolutely love it. The administration is very easy to deal with and very helpful. In particular, Mr. Baldwin, the assistant principal, is very helpful when navigating the IEP/504 process. Another commenter said the teachers weren't quite as good as they once were, but I disagree. We did lose a handful of great teachers, but the ones who stayed are wonderful! Of course, there are a few duds here and there, but you will find that anywhere. Overall an excellent school.

Posted February 22, 2013
I'm excited that Bristow Run is now part of the Global Schools Initiative. Only 3 schools in Prince William County were chosen for the program. My first grader is learning about the geography and culture of countries around the world, and she loves it! The principal and assistant principal are very caring and dedicated to the students and staff. Three of our kids have gone to Bristow Run, and we've been very happy with the wonderful teachers, the curriculum and level of academic challenge, communication with parents, and the leadership team. We also have enjoyed the great PTO activities. The school has always been terrific, but it's even better now that it's not overcrowded anymore, like it was until 2011.

Bristow Run Elementary School 4

Posted February 21, 2013
BRES is not quite what it used to be as many of the better teachers followed the previous principal to form a new school elsewhere in the county in 2011. All in all, it is still a good school. It is just not quite as good as it used to be.

Posted August 12, 2012
Fantastic school! Great teachers, fantastic Principal and Assistant Principal. Top notch programs along with wonderful volunteers, admin staff, etc. This is a very friendly school with outstanding staff at all levels. I could not ask for a better school for my kids!

Posted August 15, 2011
Truly one of the BEST. Teacher communication is wonderful, and Mrs. Werle takes the time to address parent concerns. Parent volunteers are extraordinary, and we couldn't be happier sending our kids here.

8990 Worthington Dr, Bristow, VA  20136
Last modified Bristow Run Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bristow Run Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top