PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

We just ended our first year and are very impressed. The small class sizes were perfect for our kids and helped with their social anxiety tremendously. The teachers want students to succeed and challenge them to do so. The administration is incredibly loving and personable. Public schools around here cannot compare.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Grades are arbitrarily assigned based on how well a teacher likes your student, and worse, you.

Great school for the right clientele. The classrooms are huge and spacious due to the lack of students, which says tons about this school. The teachers care a lot - about themselves, leaving a 'survival of the fittest' mentality between the students. So if you are a stay at home mom you can literally re-take school with your child every day, there is no one there who will stop you. There is a breathtaking campus, probably the best in N VA, what a shame that its not used to its fullest capacity.

My daughter just graduated from Linton Hall last night. She is sad to leave after 10 years of being part of the Linton Hall family. She was accepted to the high school of her choice and due to her high placement scores (top 1% in math, top 5% overall) she will be taking the most challenging classes the school offers. She has been well prepared by her teachers at Linton Hall and I could not be more grateful to all of them. There is no better place for your child!

Little Sprouts Preschool is a wonderful preschool that offers a very warm, nurturing environment for your child. My three children have gone here and I can't imagine them anywhere else. The school educates the whole child with basic fundamentals, play, music & movement, science, art, Spanish and more! The staff is more like our family and they really care about all of their children! This is an incredible program for preschool aged children (age 2 1/2 to Pre-K) in the Bristow, Gainesville, Haymarket and Manassas area and I highly recommend it!!!

I cannot say enough great things about Little Sprouts. The program at Little Sprouts allows for each child to develop the skills necessary to foster a love of learning. They do this through active exploration, small & whole group activities, independent discovery and imaginative play. The staff at Little Sprouts is so loving, caring and knowledgeable. They greet you every morning with a big smile and provide the children with love and security. This school is dear to my heart. While my daughter attended the school it was discovered that she was suffering from significant hearing loss. The teachers and director were instrumental in helping develop strategies and accommodations to help my daughter to be successful. Not only did they help my daughter but they helped me. They were always there to listen, give their expertise and went above and beyond what I feel most schools would have done

Amazing staff and amazing school! I felt guilty sending my youngest to a different preschool after my older children went somewhere else. But, Little Sprouts / Linton Hall has so far exceeded all expectations and hopes for his first year of preschool. It is such a kind and compassionate environment focused on growing these little hearts and minds while giving them opportunities to enhance their communities through community service opportunities and a focus on the virtues. My youngest has amazed me with what he's learned and he's so excited to share his experiences with me every day. If you are looking for a play-based program that intentionally focuses on growing their minds and hearts, look no further!

The teachers make this school! They have gone above and beyond for my son. The teaching plan extends far beyond what a typical school would teach. My child has advanced more than I would have ever thought possible in their care and we are so glad that we chose this school! They say it takes a village to raise a child... consider this your loving village and family!

Little Sprouts thrives! Kids are engaged at the lower school but unfortunately 3rd grade through 8th misses the mark. First, there are very few boys that attend LHS and there is only one male teacher which makes it hard for role models. My kids did well in the lower school for a short time but we moved on due to curriculum problems, not enough diversity and I just couldn't see my kids graduating from that school and doing well in the middle school. The teachers are not well versed in technology and cant manage the kids of todays generation. It seems they need some younger teachers, innovative. Big changes are needed.

Our family moved to the area from out of state and have found Linton Hall School to be an inclusive, welcoming environment. Our child has thrived socially and emotionally, and as an upper school student, is showing an unprecedented enthusiasm for learning. Our child continues to rank in the top 5% nationally on standardized tests, and has meaningful dialogue with engaged, well-qualified, dedicated teachers. If you're looking for a caring environment with smaller classes and academic rigor, come take a tour and experience this gem of a school for yourself.

Last modified Linton Hall School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8