Bristow, VA
After care: No

Youth for Tomorrow 4

Posted September 09, 2013
I've learned so many things from having a son with challenges and I ve yet to locate a perfect plan of treatment for a kid like mine. No one school is perfect and no one school may have the perfect remedy. What I did find at YFT were dedicated professionals who are willing to go above and beyond to achieve beneficial results for children- this consistency and commitment is what my son needed. Although it was a hard road while he lived at YFT, it was worth it; the results were not immediate but were evident several years later.

Youth for Tomorrow 5

Posted August 23, 2013
I could see my daughter's potential but I saw her making decisions leading down the wrong path - I didn't know how to help her. YFT really helped her develop the skills and confidence to succeed.

Youth for Tomorrow 5

Posted August 04, 2013
Youth For Tomorrow is a residential home and private school for at-risk teenage boys and girls. Children are placed in our care by concerned parents, social workers, probation officers and foster care/family services officials throughout the region. Most of these residents/students reside with us for 9 - 12 months, but some remain for 2 - 3 years. Many of our resident/students come to YFT 2-5 years behind academically. YFT provides a safe and nurturing home, a rigorous education with a 6:1 student-teacher ratio and intensive and comprehensive therapeutic counseling services. The complexity of the behavioral issues of children referred to YFT has increased significantly over our 27 year history. Many bring an angry attitude, addiction, depression, ADHD and other behavioral problems. Our Therapeutic Counseling Services which includes individual, group and family counseling, is extremely effective redirecting the lives of these children. Our results are amazing and our annual success rate of redirecting these troubled teenagers has averaged between 84 - 87%!!! As you see, we are not the "typical school" and our residents are not the typical student.

Youth for Tomorrow 1

Posted September 06, 2010
This school is a farce. They push kids ahead without them really doing the work so if they leave and want to go back to public school they are so far behind. And when it comes time for the yearly graduation the kids have been engineered into being successful so that it looks good to the public.

Youth for Tomorrow 0

Posted February 27, 2009
This is a great school ! The staff and teacher's are GREAT and they work with the children one on one if they need to.

Youth for Tomorrow 1

Posted July 30, 2008

Youth for Tomorrow 0

Posted July 12, 2007
My little sister has been at yft for about 2 years now I miss her so much. but I know shes better off there she has accomplished so much since she has been there.The staff is so great with the girls the homes are so nice. The school is great Im glad thats the place they placed her instead of a foster home.

Youth for Tomorrow