Bristow, VA

Victory Elementary School 3

Posted October 16, 2014
Most of the teachers are very nice and helpful. Some of the office staff could use some work, the attendance line is atrocious. They don't bother to take your child's name down, then the same person calls you a few hours later saying your child is absent. I don't know if this is due to language issue. If your child excellence in PE don't expect them to get any praise, actually just the opposite. I feel the vibe of this school is push down children that are excelling at a high level and praise the children that have behavior issues or functioning a low level. This method robs a motivated child of their desire to push themselves.

Posted October 15, 2014
The teachers at this school are absolutely amazing! I have 2 children in the school and they absolutely love Victory. School spirit is high here and the teachers are to thank! We have been so lucky to have such warm and caring teachers for my 2 high-energy boys. We couldn't be happier! The PTO and other parent volunteers work so hard to bring fun and new events each year like Movie Night, Family Bingo, and more. Go Westies!

Posted August 25, 2014
Victory Elementary School is awesome. I have a rising 4th and 1st grader. We are a military family that moved from the Hawaii public school system. At the beginning of the year my 3rd grader read at 1st grade level. In just one year at Victory, she improved TWO GRADE LEVELS in reading. My Kindergartener started school last year without being able to read and now she can. I can't say enough about this school. Both of my childer are so excited to start another year at VICTORY!!! Mrs. Aanderud and Mrs. Roberts are superb teachers!

Victory Elementary School 2

Posted July 23, 2014
The principal is doing nothing more than counting her days to retirement(Parents are too). She tends to stay in her office all day and micromanaging from her computer/desk and has no clue to what is actually going on in the building. Web pages aren't always up to date. Some staff members yell. Office staff is great. Discipline is poor in the building and on the bus. Class sizes are large.Trailers! So sad for a newish school. Smaller schools in the county get subjects like, music art and gym more times throughout the year because they have days they can go instead we get stuck with having guidance and math science. Guidance should be available for student needs.The math/science teacher shows videos all the time. STOP videos. The school used to have a great drumming program, but when a new teacher was hired she sold all the instruments to another school?! Why it would be allowed that an inexperienced teacher would be allowed to sell equipment is sad? Songs that she teaches are taught throughout all grade levels from year to year, so students are getting the same lesson every year. Music performances have also gone down hill in recent years. PTO has fab after school programs.

Posted April 27, 2014
My son went to this school. The facility is very nice and activities are plenty. His teacher is excellent and there is teacher-parent conference every 2-3 months. My daughter will be in the same school after this summer and she is very exciting about going to the same school as his brother for K.

Posted June 18, 2013
Both of my children have attended this school since kindergarten (one now in high school) and it has been a great experience for the whole family. The only reason I didn't give teacher quality a "5" is because of a very small few. The staff in general is fantastic.This school started out well and has only improved over the years. The principal does a great job of finding quality personnel and runs a tight ship.

Posted March 14, 2013
Both of my children attend Victory Elementary, and we are very happy with the quality of education, excellent teachers and superb office staff. The vice principal is amazing and very involved! Both of my children love their teachers and look forward to going to school each day!

Posted January 24, 2013
Our two children who attend Victory Elementary School love their school. It has been such a blessing to have a wonderful staff and a great principal and wonderful teachers. I have a child who was placed in special needs last year and this year achieved Honor Roll. All the teachers involved in helping my child have done everything to make sure my child gets the best education and the needed help. I cannot be happier to see my childs progress because everyone especially her teacher has put forth the effort to see my child thrive and succeed. I feel that the school, teachers, principal and staff genuinely care about each and everyone of the students especially those who have special needs. I also feel like a part of the family when I visit the school, always greeted by name by the staff. All in all this is a fantastic school!

Victory Elementary School 4

Posted June 06, 2011
Our 2 children have truly enjoyed their time at Victory Elementary School. However unfortunately the placement of our children has left us with a bad feeling. Our oldest daughter we had to fight vigorously with staff to get accommodation met for her ADHD. She is in 5th grade now and thankfully her teacher is amazing and very proactive (first year teacher)... we lucked out! Last year she had a teacher that just pass her through with A's and B's but then she failed all of her SOL's. Our youngest in in 1st grade both years of her schooling Victory added additional teachers and moved the students around. The first year she had to move to a new teacher midway thorough the year, this year she lost many of her classmates to a new teacher. I attribute this to poor planning by the administration, not having enough teachers creating an over crowed situation. As a parent I feel the school is more interested in passing the accreditations rather than making sure the students have what they need. With all this being said, I love that the front office knows my name every time I walk into the office, the kids feel very attached to their teachers and the parent support is amazing.

Victory Elementary School 3

Posted May 10, 2011
I agree with many parents here that principle and vice principle are not as kind and loving as they should be to their elementary students! They are also, not so nice to the parents as well. Comparing to other schools my children been too its really night and day difference.

Victory Elementary School
12001 Tygart Lake Drive, Bristow, VA  20136
Last modified Victory Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Victory Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top