Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The principal is involved. He has the right attitude for the job. The kids enjoy seeing him. He is not seen as the ominous "principal" the strikes fear into the heart of a youngster. Rather is he happy, smiling, and gets to know the students. Office staff could be better.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Both teachers really care about their profession and the children. They seem to be involved with the kids.

Amount of homework: Neutral

Does not seem challenging or engaging for the kids. Have been buying books and doing additional homework with them.

I have two first graders at Victory Elementary. The principal is always professional and easy going. Kids seem to love him. The office staff is touch and go. Sometimes you have to break it down to the lowest common denominator for you to be understood. Teachers- have one new one and one experienced one. New one embraces technology and is responsive to questions via Class Dojo. Wish the experienced one would use it as the child with her needs more oversight. That said, both teachers seem to do really well with the kids. Good at directing them to accomplish tasks. I wish the curriculum was a bit more challenging (yes, in 1st grade) as half the year has been a review of things learned in kindergarten in another state. Overall, I am pleased with the school. I do not regret purchasing a home in this school district. Again, just wish it was more advanced in what is taught. Something a bit more challenging.

It seems to be a perfectly good school if your kids are on track, but VES is an unwilling partner to kids who need more advanced work. The principal arranged to have our boys move up to 3rd grade for a portion of their math lesson, which sounded great, but he failed to mention that the work was entirely independent. For about a month, where we thought they'd be getting extra instruction, they got no instruction at all from the 3rd or 2nd grade teacher in math. They did the work independently in 2nd grade, graded it in 3rd, and went back to 2nd while the 3rd grader teacher spent another hour actually teaching the other kids. My kids were literally teaching themselves. Their mistakes were given as proof that they weren't ready for 3rd grade math despite the fact that they were doing as well as most 3rd graders would have done with no teacher. I realize there were scheduling limitations, but I resent the dishonesty in hiding the full extent of the situation from me and then blaming it on my children's aptitude. Looking back, I have a very hard time believing this was not a scheme designed to fail. It is a comfort, however, to realize just how far ahead the private school got them last year. In 1st grade at a Montessori, my boys each tested at the 3rd grade level in math on the ITBS, 96th and 99th percentiles, and one even managed to pass an impromptu 3rd grade math SOL given by the principal at the start of 2nd grade. They know fractions, multiplication, division, negative numbers, and probability, and yet here they are at VES learning how to count the bunnies. Apparently this is correct.

My son started his elementary education at Victory in 2014 in Kindergarten. He is now in 1st grade. The office staff is ALWAYS courteous and attentive. The PTO is actively engaged in the school, always doing fun and service-oriented activities for the children and their family. The students seem overall happy to be a Westie. The curriculum is progressive. I was a room parent in 2014-2015 and took on the responsibility again in 2015-2016. Parents have been VERY supportive of their classroom(s). I have enjoyed the teacher/parent relationship. The morning / afternoon transportation process is excellent. I am told from friends who put their children in the morning/afternoon School Age Child Care (SACC) Program is top-notch. Your child/children are in good hands at Victory. They did re-align the school boundaries summer 2015, changes took place this year. We'll see if/how this affects parent involvement, funding, etc.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

My son's kindergarten teacher was very effective. My son's first grade teacher is a full-time temporary to possible permanent sub, while the primary teacher has been on leave for the school year. This is the teacher's first full year of teaching. The work my son brings home reflects good teaching skills. I'm aware the teacher works with a mentor during this first year.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students have various learning programs that reflect strong values. There is a no bully policy. Children are encouraged to wear a colored shirt representing a specific value that focuses on kindness, etc. during parts of the year.

Victory Elementary School is awesome. I have a rising 4th and 1st grader. We are a military family that moved from the Hawaii public school system. At the beginning of the year my 3rd grader read at 1st grade level. In just one year at Victory, she improved TWO GRADE LEVELS in reading. My Kindergartener started school last year without being able to read and now she can. I can't say enough about this school. Both of my childer are so excited to start another year at VICTORY!!! Mrs. Aanderud and Mrs. Roberts are superb teachers! Update: Another year in the books and my kids are still in love with the school. My daughter is entering 5th grade and will be sad to say good bye to Victory Elementary!

Victory Elementary is truly a school of excellence! All four of my children have attended Victory. I rate this school so high because of the dedicated and extraordinary teachers. Mrs. Clark and Mrs. Staples are the best!

Last modified Victory Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.