PK-4|Private

Bad
Good

Our daughter is in yr 2 at the Boyd School, Broadlands (BSB) as a Kindergartner. Communication from classroom & campus to parents is articulate & timely. BSB is 1 of 2 schools in VA that is Montessori certified. Schools can call themselves Montessori & charge Montessori tuitions, but may/may not be certified & may/may not have certified teachers. We cannot express how deeply grateful we are to have such amazing teachers. Under their tutelage our daughter has thrived in reading, writing, math & socially. BSB also has incredible Music, Spanish, PE & Spanish teachers. Small things, big difference: lunch is catered, swimming pool, track & field, wildlife preserve, cozy library & the school s architecture allows lots of natural light in & immediately drew us to the campus. Our only concern is the tuition. Unfortunately & as much as we would love to continue through the Lower Elementary program, it is just not financially feasible. With that said, & I can only speak of BSB, it is worth every penny! We would do it all over again & our only regret is that we didn t start a year earlier to reap the full benefits of the 3yr Primary program.

The best preschool & lower elementary in Loudoun County. My child graduated from third grade well above average in math & reading. Don't waste your money at the other school where the teachers focus on crafts & decorating the classroom & the kids & parents are all bullies. This school has the best facilities, the best curriculum, the best teachers & administration. It is a wonderful community & my family misses it every day.

I am a proud parent of my two daughters who attended the Boyd school at Broadlands. I think this is the best Montessori school in Ashburn area with its great teaching staff and homely environment. For strong academic foundation Boyd is excellent compare to other schools in the area. Their Kindergarten curriculum is equivalent to 2nd grade of public school. I still regret for not letting my youngest daughter finish the lower elementary from there like my eldest daughter. Hope you will not make the same mistake!

The Boyd School located in Ashburn, Va is an American Montessori Society Accredited School. Our school provides an enriching environment for toddlers through grade 4. I am a proud teacher of this school and I am happy to be apart of an educational team that truly cares about a child as an individual. We honor children's personality and learning style and strive to provide them with social, emotional, and internationally educational stimuli that encourages positive growth.

I have two children who attended the Boyd School, and I feel that they both gained a strong foundation and flourished in the nurturing environment provided by their teachers and the Montessori approach. We are very pleased with the program and feel that the Boyd School is one of the best Montessori schools in the area.

I moved to Ashburn over 1 year ago and although the area was saturated with choices of preschools, I was unable to find a school that really impressed me--until I discovered The Boyd School. I am a former preschool teacher myself, so I had a list of standards that were important to me and my family including friendly/warm and professional teaching staff, good educational curriculum, and an outdoor learning environment. The Boyd School, Broadlands hit all of those points for me. This is my son's second year at Boyd (he is in the Kindergarten program this year) and I couldn't be more pleased. He is learning so much and enjoys going to school every day.

I had toured several Montessori schools in the area and when my husband and I toured the Boyd School it felt the most authentic. Even my husband, who isn't too familiar with Montessori, felt it was the best one. When we toured the school it had a nice and neat appearance and the director was very knowledgable and friendly. We liked that the teachers were all diverse as well as the student population. My children have attended the Boyd School at the Broadlands campus since they were toddlers and are now in their third year as Kindergarteners. They both have excellent teachers. My children have been with Ms.Gizela and Ms.Christine for several years now and we couldn t be happier with their progress both academically, but emotionally as well. They are very happy kids and very compassionate. I feel this is due to what they are taught in school. Most importantly, the education is great. Overall, I would recommend this school to any parent. The teachers are excellent! Very friendly and they genuinely care about the students.

We started our oldest daughter at The Boyd School Broadlands Campus the Fall of 2006 in their Toddler program. Six years and four kids later we can say it was by far the "best" decision we have ever made. We currently have our oldest daughter in Lower Elementary 2nd grade, our oldest son in Primary, youngest daughter in Toddler and our youngest son although only 6 months already itching to go and start his experience at The Boyd School. We cannot imagine what our lives would be like without this amazing Montessori school right in our backyard. As parents we could not dream of a more enriching, challenging, self motivating and loving environment. The number one thing when my husband and I hear someone is having a baby is, " have you thought about a Montessori education for them down the road?, you will not be disappointed!" I know our children are being given the tools to achieve anything in life with this type of education. The Boyd School will be a part of our family for years to come! Thank you for all that you do!

The teacher at the school understands my child's needs precisely and is able to motivate her by giving her the right level of Montessori while ensuring that the child learns upto her potential. Parents are very involved in the school and the principals office is always open for comments and ideas. School has great interest in connecting students with nature and I love that. Overall, I am very pleased with the school. I just wish it was more affordable.

My two children attend (toddler program and kindergarten) and this is my fourth year as a Boyd Broadlands mother. This school is amazing- there is such a sense of community between the parents, teachers and office (Dave and Debbie). I read the other review about not receiving enough info from the staff and I agree with that statement with respect to past years. This year has been completely different- weekly emails about upcoming events have been the norm since the beginning of the school year. I have always felt welcome to come to the classroom and watch for myself or meet with the teachers for a more thorough update. And Dave, the "new" director has great ideas and is open to new ones from parents - hence the "Coffee with the Director" he hosts. In a nutshell- I am so pleased with Boyd!

Last modified The Boyd School is a Private school that serves grades PK-4