Buchanan, VA

Posted October 30, 2014
I am a current senior at James River, and I love it. I started high school at Lord Botetourt, and transferred within three weeks because I could not deal with the teachers and students who didn't care about academics or each other. At James River, everyone is very friendly and wants to help you succeed. The only downside I have for River is that there is obviously not a great selection of teachers since we are located in a rural area, which means that there are not very many upper-level classes such as AP or Dual Enrollment. Other than that, James River is a fantastic school. There is practically no violence or bad situations like there are in other high schools.

Posted February 27, 2008
This academic facility is the by far the best I've seen!

Posted February 07, 2008
My daughter attends James River High School and is extremely happy there. She finds the students to be friendly and negative peer pressure to be virtually non-existent. Her father and I are so impressed with the quality of the administration and the teaching staff. My daughter enjoys school and is receiving a wonderful education. I have nothing but positive statements to make about this school.

Posted January 07, 2008

Posted September 04, 2007
I am a student at James River in my sophmore year. I can not think of any other school I'd rather go to, this has been the best place. My first day of my freshman year I was nervous but when I got there I realized that everyone was welcoming and it felt like I was at a place i've been for a long time, after the first couple of hours I felt familiar with everything. I would highly reccomend this school for anyone looking to move into the district. the sports teams also get a lot of attention and scouts visit most of the games for EVERY sport.

Posted February 20, 2007
I currently attend JRHS and it is by far the best high school. On my first day I immediately felt welcome and comfortable the people are so friendly. Also, both Academics and Sports meet the best standards. The school feels like home and I love attending there its a wonderful school district to live in through the years of growing up. I would highly recommend this school as a 1st choice.

Posted February 17, 2007
As a current student i believe JRHS is one of the best schools in the area. It has an inviting feeling every day. People from different grade levels commonly interact with each other. JR sports teams get amazing turnouts. People in the area come to most of the games or matches. Our student section in the games are fantastic, filled with team spirit. If you are a parent deciding wether to send your child to JRHS or LBHS, JR is definately the right choice!

Posted February 06, 2007
As parents of 2 students who currently attend JRHS,we am pleased with the overall academic and extracurricular activities offered at such a small school.We currently reside in the southern end of the county(Lord Botetourt School District) but chose to send our children to JRHS,driving 27 miles one way to do so.The atmosphere at 'River' is relaxed and inviting.We are impressed by how well the students get along, and genuinely care about one another.Cliques are almost non existent here.The current renovations are a great improvement to the school,and further enhance its appeal.Some may have issue with the location of the school, as it is a bit of a drive over narrow county roads. It is a 'country' school, that has long been overlooked by the more affluent end of Botetourt Co.JRHS is finally getting the attention and positive recognition it deserves.

James River High School 4

Posted November 30, 2006

Posted November 29, 2005

James River High School
9906 Springwood Rd, Buchanan, VA  24066
Last modified James River High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James River High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top