Burke, VA

Posted April 17, 2015
This is a great school with caring teachers and a very responsive administration. The teachers go above and beyond to make learning fun for the children. My son has been at this school for 3 years, and we couldn't be happier. We can't wait for the brand new playground coming later this month.

White Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted January 29, 2015
Unless your child is in the Advanced Academic Placement Classes, you will be disappointed in this school. All the resources and emphasis is given to the AAP courses. If your child is in the regular placement classes, then whether or not they get a good, quality education will depend on the teacher. My son and daughter have had some really good and really bad teachers at White Oaks. Save yourself frustration and disappointment and go to another school.

Posted January 28, 2015
I went to White Oaks elementary school for grades 1-6. Excellent school in a great school district. I would definitely send my child to this school.

White Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted November 26, 2014
white oaks is a great school. i have a girl in 3rd grade who loves the teachers for their way of teaching. i am grateful for that

White Oaks Elementary School 1

Posted May 12, 2014
The 6th grade gt or aap is a waste of time. The math teacher is the only jewel. One of the aap teachers is a tyrant and should not be teaching at all.

Posted April 28, 2014
I have 2 sons in white oaks ES iT is really great school the principles did good job and all the teachers are helpfull when we ask them about anything it has good contact with the teacher by email White oaks did a lot of activities and the help all the student to enjoined I'm lucky because my son in this school I want to said thank you very much to all the sttafe who work there .

Posted February 03, 2014
This school is excellent! My child's teacher is knowledgeable and kind. I feel like I always know what is being taught and how m child is performing. Her teacher has been easy to communicate with when we have concerns. I have also noticed a difference with the change in administration and the new principal does a fantastic job. Looking at the abundance of 4&5-star reviews I can't help but think that perhaps the two parents who gave 2-star reviews were the problem, not the teacher/principal. We have had such a positive experience in our 4 years at this school and we have had a great response from administration and the teacher when we did have a concern.

Posted October 01, 2013
"My child's 3rd grade general education teacher is terrible" (comment from the parent below). Do something! Be proactive! White Oaks Elem has a new principal now! Send email or/make appointments with your child's teacher to talk about any concerns you have. I had similar experience. But don't wait till your child's teacher starts to tell something bad about her/him. Go to have lunch with your kid and go to volunteer at school so that you will know more about how your kid is doing at school. If you need your child s teacher helps your child, you need to do your homework first as well. That s what I have learned since my kid goes to elementary school. Unless your child is going to a private school, most likely you are not receiving the great customer services that you expect.

White Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted April 23, 2013
We arrived mid-year and are deeply disappointed in the education, or lack of, my child has received since starting at White Oaks. The front office people are friendly, but overworked. The principal is willing to see you on appointment, but is not visible otherwise. My child's 3rd grade general education teacher is terrible, I consider this a waste of an academic year since arriving in her class. She has no control of the children in the classroom, little to no communication with the parents, does not send graded homework home without complaining to the work, does not use the daily agenda per the school's requirements, and barely uses electronic Blackboard to post upcoming assignments & tests. My child has gone from an excellent student in another school district to a student of mediocrity in less than one school year. So much for the great school in Fairfax County...

White Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted March 10, 2013
After being in this school and having two children here for two years, I have a few comments. The outgoing leadership has suffered from image problems stemming from low visibility amongst the students and faculty as well as failing to demand effective and research-based instructional strategies from all teachers in all classrooms. There is about to be a change at this school. There are a lot of good people working in this building and there are even some who are great. If your child is in the AAP or gifted program, he or she will surely have a terrific experience. If your child needs a well written IEP and academic support in the classroom, the experience will be outstanding. If your child needs a strong, Fairfax County, elementary school education, I suggest you find a neighborhood school that doesn t host this AAP program because in this school AAP seems to be favored. There is a disproportionate number of gifted students in Fairfax County and they are being bussed into this and other elementary schools. Review the school s test scores and think about that. There are two separate academic programs here. How will your child adapt to this environment?

White Oaks Elementary School
6130 Shiplett Blvd, Burke, VA  22015
Last modified White Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
White Oaks Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top