Posted November 26, 2014
white oaks is a great school. i have a girl in 3rd grade who loves the teachers for their way of teaching. i am grateful for that

White Oaks Elementary School 1

Posted May 12, 2014
The 6th grade gt or aap is a waste of time. The math teacher is the only jewel. One of the aap teachers is a tyrant and should not be teaching at all.

Posted April 28, 2014
I have 2 sons in white oaks ES iT is really great school the principles did good job and all the teachers are helpfull when we ask them about anything it has good contact with the teacher by email White oaks did a lot of activities and the help all the student to enjoined I'm lucky because my son in this school I want to said thank you very much to all the sttafe who work there .

Posted February 03, 2014
This school is excellent! My child's teacher is knowledgeable and kind. I feel like I always know what is being taught and how m child is performing. Her teacher has been easy to communicate with when we have concerns. I have also noticed a difference with the change in administration and the new principal does a fantastic job. Looking at the abundance of 4&5-star reviews I can't help but think that perhaps the two parents who gave 2-star reviews were the problem, not the teacher/principal. We have had such a positive experience in our 4 years at this school and we have had a great response from administration and the teacher when we did have a concern.

Posted October 01, 2013
"My child's 3rd grade general education teacher is terrible" (comment from the parent below). Do something! Be proactive! White Oaks Elem has a new principal now! Send email or/make appointments with your child's teacher to talk about any concerns you have. I had similar experience. But don't wait till your child's teacher starts to tell something bad about her/him. Go to have lunch with your kid and go to volunteer at school so that you will know more about how your kid is doing at school. If you need your child s teacher helps your child, you need to do your homework first as well. That s what I have learned since my kid goes to elementary school. Unless your child is going to a private school, most likely you are not receiving the great customer services that you expect.

White Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted April 23, 2013
We arrived mid-year and are deeply disappointed in the education, or lack of, my child has received since starting at White Oaks. The front office people are friendly, but overworked. The principal is willing to see you on appointment, but is not visible otherwise. My child's 3rd grade general education teacher is terrible, I consider this a waste of an academic year since arriving in her class. She has no control of the children in the classroom, little to no communication with the parents, does not send graded homework home without complaining to the work, does not use the daily agenda per the school's requirements, and barely uses electronic Blackboard to post upcoming assignments & tests. My child has gone from an excellent student in another school district to a student of mediocrity in less than one school year. So much for the great school in Fairfax County...

Posted March 10, 2013
After being in this school and having two children here for two years, I have a few comments. The outgoing leadership has suffered from image problems stemming from low visibility amongst the students and faculty as well as failing to demand effective and research-based instructional strategies from all teachers in all classrooms. There is about to be a change at this school. There are a lot of good people working in this building and there are even some who are great. If your child is in the AAP or gifted program, he or she will surely have a terrific experience. If your child needs a well written IEP and academic support in the classroom, the experience will be outstanding. If your child needs a strong, Fairfax County, elementary school education, I suggest you find a neighborhood school that doesn t host this AAP program because in this school AAP seems to be favored. There is a disproportionate number of gifted students in Fairfax County and they are being bussed into this and other elementary schools. Review the school s test scores and think about that. There are two separate academic programs here. How will your child adapt to this environment?

Posted December 23, 2011
My Son is in his first year at White Oaks 'Gifted and Talented' program. I am extremely happy with this school. My son loves the school and he is very happy there. The teachers are extremely good, from English, to Math, to Science to Social Studies to Music.... Lots of encouragement for students. I am so lucky to have my son getting accepted in this school, and I would like to thank White Oaks for all their support to my son, and for this excellent program they offer.

Posted April 09, 2011
The school seems to have a good group of teachers (although classes seem large) - communication could be much better from the administration. We have been at the school for almost two years and have never seen the Principal at any school event. PTA and parents seem to be involved.

Posted March 08, 2011
White Oaks Elementary is an exceptional school with wonderful staff and individualized learning. Parents are encouraged to get involved, there are lots of family activities run by the PTA, and the sense of community is evident. Each child is encouraged to achieve their best and the teachers set the bar high so that each child can shine. The teachers make time for students and parents. Overall, my kids thrive in the environment White Oaks creates for advanced learning.

White Oaks Elementary School
6130 Shiplett Blvd, Burke, VA  22015
Last modified White Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
White Oaks Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top