Carrollton, VA
Before care: Yes

Carrollton Elementary School 4

Posted July 09, 2014
We are a military family that moved here last summer with 3 kids attending Carrollton last year; 1 of them is sadly moving on to Westside Elementary this fall. We loved this school, the principal is just amazing-he makes it a point to get to know all of the families and students, he values our input as parents and is always seen out and about the school-not hiding in his office like other principals we have experienced. My son had an amazing first grade teacher when he needed an extra push this year. The building is newer and beautifully kept. They are always having PTA activities and keep the parents informed. My only complaints would be the school lunches are kinda yuck with not a lot of fresh, healthy options (most schools are like this nowadays, though) and the girls/ladies bathroom by the front office always seemed to always be out of paper towels and most of the doors don't lock or close all the way...

Posted April 04, 2014
I have a kindergartener at CAES, and he absolutely loves his school. His teacher Ms. Hansen is wonderful, sweet, but no push over by no means! She challenges the children and just enough. She assigns homework, but not too much homework. The school's staff from the principal on down is warm, inviting and wonderful. The parental involvement is phenomenal and so is the PTA. There is always something going on that keeps parents involved and in the loop. We love this school!!!

Posted January 28, 2014
We are a military family and feel that this was one of our easiest transitions because of how wonderful this school is. Friendly staff, amazing teachers, and a welcoming PTA that is active. You can't ask for more!

Posted January 21, 2014
We are new to Carrollton Elementary this year. We are coming from a private school. We love Carrollton. The principal is fantastic and the environment is positive and welcoming. We are excited to be there. The only negative comment I could even begin to think of would be that the class sizes are large. But the school, the teachers, the environment.....great!

Carrollton Elementary School 4

Posted June 06, 2013
My son has had a wonderful year at carrollton. His teacher Ms. Morgan is fantastic. The school is clean and organized. The P.E teacher, art teacher and, music teacher are also fantastic. Nurse Stalls is so wonderful. We have had a great experience at carrollton. The only negative thing I can say is the office staff can be quite rude.

Posted May 25, 2013
As a military family departing the area we will miss Carrollton Elementary beyond words. My children were so blessed to have attended such an amazing school for two years. The teachers and staff were amazing! I always felt my kids were challenged. Mr. Goetz and Miss Novack go above and beyond. Not many administrators would spend a Friday night reading to students in their pajamas. Both are very present in the school and very approachable. All the staff have been wonderful! From the ones who get children in and out of the car, to the cashier in the cafeteria who makes every student feel special, to the resource teachers my children love and finally to Nurse Stalls who truly is the unsung hero of the school. A special shout out to the PE teacher Miss Jones who is teacher of the year. Her first year at Carrollton she ran the most organized field day I have ever witnessed. The PTA at Carrollton is like no other. The board works tirelessly to better Carrollton Elementary. Thanks to everyone at Carrollton Elementary for two wonderful years.

Posted February 24, 2013
This is our first year at Carrollton and having moved around several times and experiencing several different schools, this school is BY FAR the best my children have attended! From the moment you walk through the doors, you are welcomed into the school. Both the principal and assistant principal are accommodating, extremely nice and are very easy to talk to if ever an issue arises. Both of my kids are having fantastic experiences in their grades and through my volunteering, I have gotten to know a lot of the teachers besides the ones my children have. The teachers are always happy to be in the building and truly enjoy what they're doing. There is a great mix of staff members - teachers that have been in education for 10-15+ years and teachers who have been in education for under 5 years. However, each teacher, no matter how many years experience, offers their classrooms the highest of quality of learning. I will be sad to leave when we transfer after next year, I wish I could take the school with me!

Posted February 22, 2013
This is our first year at Carrollton Elementary and we love it! I have 2 children; one in first grade and the other in kindergarten. I love the atmosphere when walking into the school, no matter what time of day it is. The staff is amazing. When walking into the school, I don't think there hasn't been a time where I haven't come seen the principal walking the halls and communicating with kids and staff with a smile on his face. Teachers spend so much time outside their scheduled hours to prepare for each day's lesson, and it shows. The classrooms are not over crowded which makes for a better learning experience for the children. I would highly recommend this elementary school to anyone. My kids love going to school and that's very important to me.

Posted October 26, 2012
Think a principal doesn't matter? CAES is exhibit 1 that it does! Mr. Goetz was just hired this summer and he has changed the environment at CAES in just a few short months. You feel it as soon as you walk in the door- teachers and staff are happy (they love him too), the school is cleaner than I've ever seen it, and the parents don't run the school anymore. He is EVERYWHERE and always smiling, talking to kids, or parents. He's made changes to parent pick up to ensure that the students are safe and talks all the time about kids enjoying school. Then he puts his words into action and dressed up for Read Across America Day and reads to classes. I just saw him dressed up for Storybook Character Day today. Having 2 children already go through CAES, I wish that my last one had more than 2 years to go. THIS is how an elementary school should be. Thanks Mr. Goetz- you have made Carrollton a model school!!!

Carrollton Elementary School 1

Posted July 05, 2012
I would agree with the school - it truley is the worst one my children have attended. my children have been in the Chesapeake and Yorktown schools - Carrollton Elementary is by far the worst. Although, Smithfield Middle is great.. the priciple is just awesome and "for the kids."

Carrollton Elementary School
14440 New Towne Haven Ln, Carrollton, VA  23314
Last modified Carrollton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carrollton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top