Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

The new Admin, Berrier and Lamm treat the families with no special treatment, unlike previous admin.

WOW! What a great experience we have had at CAES and excited for the year to come. Unfortunately, too much negativity has been spread by over entitled parents and certain staff that have now been weeded out. The school is now as it should be, fair to all. So many of us are happy we now all have the opportunity for fair treatment. It no longer matters what family you come or which neighborhood you live in, we all matter and the special treatment has stopped. The "special treatment" for certain families and staff have come to an end by the current admin. Our Principal, Ms. Berrier and AP, Ms. Lamm treat everyone with the same loving compassion, just as they should, but stand their ground, just as they should. The time has come to stop catering to the negative attitudes and special requests. If you are not seeing the admins presence like you think you should, it is because they are out in the building doing their jobs and not brown nosing the parents and faculty. Mr. Goetz was nice, but gave special treatment and did not treat everyone fair. He catered to the families who thought they were somebody special and did not hold all of the teachers to the same standard. His clique received special treatment and we are all happy this is over. After a very successful open house, the new changes with the new staff are welcome and the positive attitudes are refreshing. The new teachers are bringing a welcome change to the school. The seasoned teachers that are still there are ready to teach and are happy. The office staff could not be more welcoming and helpful...which is also a refreshing change. CAES is a family that we feel blessed to be a part of and our children are being set up for success...which matters most.

Wow- just read the review of CAES (10/26/12) when Mr. Goetz arrived and it hit the bullseye. The heart and soul of Carrollton left when he did. I'm a longtime CAES mom and am doing the unthinkable- leaving public schools (both my husband and I went public) and going to his new school- Trinity Lutheran. We're far from the only ones too. I've lost count but some 12-15 staff members are leaving this summer as well. I'm sure all would say the same thing- it's not same without him. I rated the school high based upon our great years before this year. Current admin- bleh. My kids barely even know them. Me- I'm not impressed either. I barely see them. But when I do, they seem more focused upon isolating themselves and asserting their power by changing things that were put in place by Mr. Goetz. The state award this year from the Virginia Department of Ed. was the result of his hard work and leadership.

I'm a military officer who moved to Carrollton in the summer of 2015. My daughter is in kindergarten with Ms. Hansen and we absolutely love this school. The staff gave us a very warm welcome and have been full engaged from the start. Communication between teachers and parents is exceptional. Very active PTA which includes a lot of dads. School pride is high and it shows. So happy to have found such a great school!

We are a military family that moved here last summer with 3 kids attending Carrollton last year; 1 of them is sadly moving on to Westside Elementary this fall. We loved this school, the principal is just amazing-he makes it a point to get to know all of the families and students, he values our input as parents and is always seen out and about the school-not hiding in his office like other principals we have experienced. My son had an amazing first grade teacher when he needed an extra push this year. The building is newer and beautifully kept. They are always having PTA activities and keep the parents informed. My only complaints would be the school lunches are kinda yuck with not a lot of fresh, healthy options (most schools are like this nowadays, though) and the girls/ladies bathroom by the front office always seemed to always be out of paper towels and most of the doors don't lock or close all the way...

I have a kindergartener at CAES, and he absolutely loves his school. His teacher Ms. Hansen is wonderful, sweet, but no push over by no means! She challenges the children and just enough. She assigns homework, but not too much homework. The school's staff from the principal on down is warm, inviting and wonderful. The parental involvement is phenomenal and so is the PTA. There is always something going on that keeps parents involved and in the loop. We love this school!!!

We are a military family and feel that this was one of our easiest transitions because of how wonderful this school is. Friendly staff, amazing teachers, and a welcoming PTA that is active. You can't ask for more!

We are new to Carrollton Elementary this year. We are coming from a private school. We love Carrollton. The principal is fantastic and the environment is positive and welcoming. We are excited to be there. The only negative comment I could even begin to think of would be that the class sizes are large. But the school, the teachers, the environment.....great!

My son has had a wonderful year at carrollton. His teacher Ms. Morgan is fantastic. The school is clean and organized. The P.E teacher, art teacher and, music teacher are also fantastic. Nurse Stalls is so wonderful. We have had a great experience at carrollton. The only negative thing I can say is the office staff can be quite rude.

As a military family departing the area we will miss Carrollton Elementary beyond words. My children were so blessed to have attended such an amazing school for two years. The teachers and staff were amazing! I always felt my kids were challenged. Mr. Goetz and Miss Novack go above and beyond. Not many administrators would spend a Friday night reading to students in their pajamas. Both are very present in the school and very approachable. All the staff have been wonderful! From the ones who get children in and out of the car, to the cashier in the cafeteria who makes every student feel special, to the resource teachers my children love and finally to Nurse Stalls who truly is the unsung hero of the school. A special shout out to the PE teacher Miss Jones who is teacher of the year. Her first year at Carrollton she ran the most organized field day I have ever witnessed. The PTA at Carrollton is like no other. The board works tirelessly to better Carrollton Elementary. Thanks to everyone at Carrollton Elementary for two wonderful years.

Last modified Carrollton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.