K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted June 11, 2016
I spend about an hour a week on homework and am bored out of my mind.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted June 11, 2016
Some teachers do an excellent job while some staff members do not perform this well.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted June 11, 2016
It tries to develop those traits but often fails. Perhaps it is the students faults.

Posted December 24, 2015
My children have thrived at AFA. We were previously in public school in PWC with major overcrowding in their classrooms. My kids were sliding on through the system with little attention or challenge. We find the opposite to be true at AFA. They are challenged each and everyday with rigorous coursework. There is a focus on excellence in reading and mathematics and a understanding of how God works in and through it all. It is highly structured to help them learn in a distraction free environment. The teachers and administration are approachable, kind and creative. We couldn't be happier with the education they are receiving.

Posted January 27, 2015
This is an amazing school that nurtures your child's faith while maintaining standards of excellence in education. Also, the teachers encourage a love of learning beyond just getting "good grades".

Posted January 19, 2015
Ad Fontes provides students with an excellent, rigorous classical education in a loving supportive Christian community. The teachers go above and beyond, dedicating their time and talents to the students even outside of the classroom and after school hours, to ensure the students' success. My daughter graduated equipped not just to succeed in college, but to thrive in her faith. I am also thrilled to see the difference it is making in my two other children. They don t just love going to school; they love to learn!

Posted January 14, 2015
Best school in NOVA!!! Two of our children have graduated from AFA, and we are deeply grateful!!! Great teachers, excellent education, and an amazing staff. To God be the glory for AFA!

Posted November 16, 2014
We started off homeschooling our son using a classical education program. We were at a stressful time in our lives and homeschooling was not a good fit for us. We felt a lot of guilt because we wanted the absolute best for our children, but we did not feel that was what we were providing. Our choices seemed limited. We did not want to send our son to the local public school. Even if it was the best public education available, which it was not, there are many philosophies in both education and beliefs that we would be at odds with. We also looked at other private schools. Our ideal was a Christian school that holds to a high view of God and scripture, a classical education method, a school large enough that it could have programs and activities, and a loving, caring, and nurturing environment. Ad Fontes was able to meet our criteria and has been an answer to many prayers for our family. Our son has excelled educationally, socially, and spiritually. Partnering with Ad Fontes for my sons education has been a wonderful experience for my family.

Ad Fontes Academy 4

Posted February 28, 2014
I truly do love our school. The academics are rigorous, the families are great, and the focus is first a Godly worldview, then the education. God is brought into every subject and my son has a very strong faith for such a young boy. The down side is the campus--they are looking to consolidate the campus so the upper and lower school are together but that still will not be its own facility as the upper school is in a church. Also, no cafeteria or gym, and minimal specials. Sports are limited and only to the upper school. Even so, my kid knows God, and is well ahead of his non AFA peers. I like that everyone knows everyone. I would recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a good academic school with a focused Christian worldview.

Posted September 13, 2012
Dissatisfied with our daughter's experience in public school, we settled on Ad Fontes and are grateful for the education and environment it offers. The classical approach means that the kids end up learning stores of information that they will later be able to build upon using logic and rhetoric. I am most impressed by the English grammar my child has already mastered and the fact that the school eases them into comfort with public speaking from a young age. The systematic phonics education made it possible for my child s reading to take off. The teachers are energetic and communicative, and parents receive regular feed-back via daily sheets on behavior. For my very active child, this is a good environment; the consistent discipline helps her to stay in line, but the methods of education, often involving things like standing and chanting with hand motions, get her moving a bit during the day so it s not so much sitting at a desk. I love that in music class she isn t just banging around on random instruments but actually learning musical terminology. While discipline is consistent, there is emphasis on grace and guiding a child s heart and much love at this school.

Po Box 916, Centreville, VA  20122