Centreville, VA

Posted November 16, 2014
We started off homeschooling our son using a classical education program. We were at a stressful time in our lives and homeschooling was not a good fit for us. We felt a lot of guilt because we wanted the absolute best for our children, but we did not feel that was what we were providing. Our choices seemed limited. We did not want to send our son to the local public school. Even if it was the best public education available, which it was not, there are many philosophies in both education and beliefs that we would be at odds with. We also looked at other private schools. Our ideal was a Christian school that holds to a high view of God and scripture, a classical education method, a school large enough that it could have programs and activities, and a loving, caring, and nurturing environment. Ad Fontes was able to meet our criteria and has been an answer to many prayers for our family. Our son has excelled educationally, socially, and spiritually. Partnering with Ad Fontes for my sons education has been a wonderful experience for my family.

Ad Fontes Academy 4

Posted February 28, 2014
I truly do love our school. The academics are rigorous, the families are great, and the focus is first a Godly worldview, then the education. God is brought into every subject and my son has a very strong faith for such a young boy. The down side is the campus--they are looking to consolidate the campus so the upper and lower school are together but that still will not be its own facility as the upper school is in a church. Also, no cafeteria or gym, and minimal specials. Sports are limited and only to the upper school. Even so, my kid knows God, and is well ahead of his non AFA peers. I like that everyone knows everyone. I would recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a good academic school with a focused Christian worldview.

Posted September 13, 2012
Dissatisfied with our daughter's experience in public school, we settled on Ad Fontes and are grateful for the education and environment it offers. The classical approach means that the kids end up learning stores of information that they will later be able to build upon using logic and rhetoric. I am most impressed by the English grammar my child has already mastered and the fact that the school eases them into comfort with public speaking from a young age. The systematic phonics education made it possible for my child s reading to take off. The teachers are energetic and communicative, and parents receive regular feed-back via daily sheets on behavior. For my very active child, this is a good environment; the consistent discipline helps her to stay in line, but the methods of education, often involving things like standing and chanting with hand motions, get her moving a bit during the day so it s not so much sitting at a desk. I love that in music class she isn t just banging around on random instruments but actually learning musical terminology. While discipline is consistent, there is emphasis on grace and guiding a child s heart and much love at this school.

Posted August 13, 2012
Ad Fontes is simply the best school in the area. They use the classical method of teaching students that emphasizes teaching the basics in elementary school at an accelerated pace and teaching students to really think and clearly articulate their opinions in high school. It is academically challenging but not overwhelming and the homework load is consistent and moderate. The teachers are outstanding and the class sizes are small enough that the teachers can really get to know and care for the students and provide individual attention. In high school, the students get a program that could never be offered in public schools, including logic, 2 years of rhetoric, 2 years of literature, and advanced science and math. Virtually 100% of graduates go to college and are extremely well prepared. My daughter, who has now graduated from AFA, was getting lost and not working up to her full potential before we transferred her in. However, with the strong academic program, close attention by teachers, and emphasis on character building that the school provides, she really flourished. I highly recommend Ad Fontes.

Posted June 15, 2008