London Towne Elementary School 4

Posted December 05, 2014
The school is wonderful but if you use the kiss and ride it's an absolute nightmare. There are people Jay walking right by the traffic light cutting across the people actu ally following the rules and noone out there to takes control of the situation. Even the police officer at the cross walk ignores the people doing u turns across traffic right next to a busy intersection.

Posted April 26, 2014
This is a great school. My daughter is in kindergarten and she is having a wonderful time. She learns a lot too.

Posted January 24, 2013
London Towne has excellent teachers, Strong Principal and leadership, Friendly office staff they are very patient and friendly even with the most difficult and angry parent I was at the main office when one of the moms enter storming in to the office yelling and screaming her head out the lades knew how to handle that difficult situation. I'm glad that I'm not working in at school because I don't have the patient to deal with difficult parents.

Posted January 15, 2013
They are not enough friendly staff in office and it seems the old age staff does not have patient to listen to parents or visitors. They need to replace with young people.

Posted December 26, 2012
London Towne seems like an overall good school with an overall friendly student, staff and parent population, excellent kid-centric academic and extracurricular activities. However, very poor communication skills demonstrated by a lead admin. The main factor underlying my concern is that when a legitimate, time sensitive concern related to the emotional well being of my child was communicated in a democratic and solution oriented manner, there was an automatically defensive and almost angry response. Rather than aknowleging the reason for the call and responding to hopes for improvement in my child's behavioral developement as well as hopes for mutual understanding between my 5 year old and her teacher, lead staff attempted to blame and later deflect with 'it has been a very difficult week for us as educators'. As a parent, I can only hope there will be change for the better, but given this horrible experience, I am concerned.

Posted July 06, 2011
My daughter just graduated from 6th grade at LT and was in the Spanish Immersion Program. She loved the school and made many great friends. The school has a small town feeling about it. Her teacher for both 5th and 6th grade was Sr Acuna. He was by far her favorite teacher. Not only did he challenge her academically, but taught the children valuable life lessons. We hope to have another Sr Acuna type teacher in the future!

London Towne Elementary School 4

Posted July 05, 2011
I went to this school I graduated in the year 2008-09. I have to say those 7 years have been amazing I have a lot of fond memories of LT. Being in Spanish Immersion I was really close to my classmates. Sometimes LT wasn't the best at teaching. I had a little difficulty on my science sol 8th grade year due to the lack of science teaching at London Towne ( I still managed to receive a 528 a pass advanced) Sure some of the teachers aren't the best but there're really some exceptional teachers Sr. Acuana for intense he was my 6th grade teacher was amazing I learned so much more from his class then just academics ( I was in compacted math that year) Sr. Acuana who I consider the treasure of LT gave us life lessons,kindness and actually cared for his students. We would always have a good time in that class. GT program is great! It prepared me so much for my honor classes. PE with Mr. Birdge is amazing a lot of parents have kids who complain about PE but those kids don't attend LT where every student looks forward to gym class. On the last day of LT career I was in tears. I love LT so much that every chance I get I try to volunteer there. Go Lions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

London Towne Elementary School 3

Posted June 03, 2011
We have had children at this school for the past 7 yrs. When we first transferred (reluctantly) in from a private Christian school, we were guarded, having heard nightmare stories about public shools. At that time, we were very impressed. The past 2 years have made us move back to the guarded category, although, frankly, we are done at LTES this year. I have seen recent evidence pointing toward teacher burnout, and administration inability to respond effectively to concerns. This school is headed for trouble.

Posted November 18, 2010
As a parent, I have noticed low expectations in the academic area as well. I have plans of bringing this to the attention of the principal who in my opinion is not that engaging... but I'll try nonetheless.

London Towne Elementary School 3

Posted June 26, 2010
I agree with the low expectations, especially in the behavior area. My son had to deal with a lot of days where he came home with headaches because the class was out of control. WHen a 5th grader complains about his peers' behavior, there is a problem!!

London Towne Elementary School
6100 Stone Rd, Centreville, VA  20120
Last modified London Towne Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
London Towne Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top