Centreville, VA

Posted November 04, 2014
I used to go to c.e.s and it sucked . The teachers would teach us poorly and they would get distracted easily , a lot of kids would fail their tests and assignments and they would do nothing about it . When I was in 6th grade my teacher would stop in the middle of her lesson and would just show us videos of her daughters doing cheerleading . I would search up the teachers and make sure they're good at their job .

Posted June 18, 2014
My son has been attending CES for the past two years, and my daughter will begin kindergarten in the fall. I LOVE this school. I moved into this area because of the school system. Mrs. Manolares has been the most amazing teacher and person I have ever known. I'm an educator - I have a post-master's degree in education. I know that my children are in great hands at CES. They also promote parental and community involvement. This is an absolutely amazing school.

Posted October 29, 2013
We have been very happy with this school and everyone I know has had nothing but positive things to say about it. This school promotes community involvement. Right before school starts your child's teacher personally comes to your house to introduce their self. No other school in the area does this! We feel lucky to have our child attend such a great school.

Centreville Elementary School 3

Posted March 02, 2012
This school was my daughter's base school, before she transferred to another AAP based school. Although she enjoyed this school, she readily says to me that she likes her current school much more. I believe that this school has excellent parent involvement, but a poor leadership quality. Some of the teachers were quite impressive, but most nowadays hold a very weak and disrespectful rein on their students.

Posted September 20, 2011
CES has an amazing staff! The school is very diverse and welcoming. I can't imagine any of the staff allowing a child to be treated badly. Fantastic activities and wonderful learning enviroment. I consider my kids to be blessed to attend such a fantastic school.

Posted August 30, 2011
I strongly disagree with the discrimination statement that was made by a previous parent. My children are of color and have NEVER been treated any differently. We absolutely love this school. In fact, we had debated moving this summer and decided not to because we loved our school so much. I think that some people just use the race card as a fallback and it's getting old. Please visit the school and form your own opinion. This is an absolutely fantastic school!!!

Posted August 27, 2011
We are relocating from Houston, TX and I thank everyone for their insight. If I have to read more than one comment on insensitivity of colored children its one toooo many. Knowing my husband, there would be media coverage and a law suit! Thanks, guess we will keep looking. Pray things get better for those there.

Posted August 22, 2011
Parents please do your research before enrolling your child into this school as a previous parent wrote, the discrimmination is high in this school so all I can say is please pleaseplease, talk to the parents around the community and draw your own conclusion but , with my experience with the school and some others, we have experienced discrimminationwith our children and in this day and age you would think this sort of thing would end. now their exposing our children to it.

Posted July 13, 2011
Mr. Young is a fantastic principal. The school is wonderfully diverse and I've never seen any of the discrimination another reviewer spoke about. I'm very happy to send my children to Centreville Elementary.

Posted March 05, 2011
You will not find a more exciting, diverse or innovative learning community for your child. I have been a CES parent for the last 10 years and I can say without a doubt that our current principal and assistant principals are amazing. In the last 4 years with our new administration the school has gone from a good school to an exceptional place to send your kids. The teachers are wonderful and very engaged.There is a focus on hands on learning including outdoor learning spaces and a native garden that the kids created and help maintain. Truly a wonderful school community.

Centreville Elementary School
14330 Green Trails Blvd, Centreville, VA  20121
Last modified Centreville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Centreville Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top