Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted September 23, 2015
Through 2 different school systems where we struggled to get my son the help he needs. I had to advocate like a lawyer and fight for his rights. Before the start of the school year I got not one but 3 different calls from the school to see how they could help. His teacher called me to schedule his IEP. At the IEP they focused there questions on my Sons response. At the end of the meeting I was handed his educational plan. No waiting, nothing questioned. Truly a breath of fresh air. Thank you CES for being AWESOME!

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted August 02, 2015
My son's teacher was very effective. She gave each parent her personal cell phone number and was always available to us. To me that is called going above and beyond!

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted August 02, 2015
I do feel there isn't enough homework. My son never brought home things to do. When asked, I was told they do it all at school and he just needed to read at home.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted August 02, 2015
Everyone praises children for doing their best even when their best isn't good enough. There isn't anyone that makes them feel less than any other child there.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 02, 2015
Respect is all over the school. It is taught by the teachers and passed on to the students. Children have respect mist if the time, adults learn to disrespect with age.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 02, 2015
My son has students with him with learning disabilities and different degrees of English language skills. He is being taught that everyone is equal regardless of their IQ, skin color or ability to speak our native language.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 02, 2015
Honesty, integrity and fairness are words and actions I see in staff members which in turn is shown to the students by words and deeds.

Posted August 02, 2015
My son has had a great experience at Centreville Elementary. He had a wonderful and caring teacher that made our experience great! I was so surprised at what he learned as a 1st grader there. I am looking forward to several more rewarding years!

Centreville Elementary School 1

Posted November 04, 2014
I used to go to c.e.s and it sucked . The teachers would teach us poorly and they would get distracted easily , a lot of kids would fail their tests and assignments and they would do nothing about it . When I was in 6th grade my teacher would stop in the middle of her lesson and would just show us videos of her daughters doing cheerleading . I would search up the teachers and make sure they're good at their job .

Posted June 18, 2014
My son has been attending CES for the past two years, and my daughter will begin kindergarten in the fall. I LOVE this school. I moved into this area because of the school system. Mrs. Manolares has been the most amazing teacher and person I have ever known. I'm an educator - I have a post-master's degree in education. I know that my children are in great hands at CES. They also promote parental and community involvement. This is an absolutely amazing school.

14330 Green Trails Blvd, Centreville, VA  20121
Last modified Centreville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.