Centreville, VA

Posted August 03, 2015
VRES is a GREAT school! VRES and the PTA are absolutely wonderful!The PTA is very active and are welcoming to new parents. There are always fun activities for my children to participate in. The teachers really CARE about the children and they make VRES the great school that it is! As a parent of two VRES students, I highly recommend this school!

Posted June 16, 2015
Just switched and we are so happy! My kids are happy, learning so much. I love the community and school events as well.

Posted January 19, 2015
Virginia Run has been a great elementary school for my kids (I have one that moved on to middle school and one still attending Virginia Run). First, I have to say that we are blessed with a very nice/newer facility than so many in the county. And, we have 2 great playgrounds (thanks to local supporters and the PTA). Our PTA that does a great job raising funds when needed! And the school fully prepares their students for middle school (my kids both have participated in the advanced math class which was great). We have encountered some wonderful teachers here; sure there have been a couple we didn't love, but they were fully competent and our children learned a lot. Finally, since all Fairfax County schools perform pretty much the same on standardized tests (when adjusted for demographics), we feel this school is set ahead of so many given that it has such a great staff, parent involvement, nice location in a neighborhood, and a really nice facility.

Virginia Run Elementary School 1

Posted July 29, 2014
My family and I have a long history at Virginia Run. My oldest daughter went to Virginia Run in the late 90's and it was a good school the. I can't say much for the school now. I have a 9 yr old that attends school there now and I am NOT happy with all the changes. This fall I am pulling my child out of this school. It was also recomended by her Dr's that she change school. I've talked to several other parents who have taken there child out of that school and have done much better.

Posted July 29, 2014
I LOVE Virginia Run Elementary School! We moved to the Virginia Run neighborhood when our children were in the 2nd and 3rd grades. The school administrators and teachers were so welcoming and our children quickly made friends. We had so many amazing teachers. Their dedication and love for teaching was amazing. Our children learned so much during their time at the school in comparison to our previous school in Pennsylvania. The school, neighborhood and community offer so many activities for the kids to become involved in that we are very busy (in a good way). The school has a very active PTA and groups for parents to become involved in. We have met so many of our neighbors through school activities and have made a great many friends ourselves. I highly recommend Virginia Run Elementary School.

Posted July 28, 2014
My sons had a wonderful elementary school experience at Virginia Run. I loved having the school right in our neighborhood. The teachers at Va Run were all superior and we chose to move into the neighborhood based soley on the school and knowing they would eventually go to Westfield High School.

Posted June 24, 2014
My daughter has been a student at VRES for 4 years. I have only good things to say about the education that she's received there. The new principal has created a professional and creative atmosphere that is great for student and parents.

Posted June 20, 2014
Many of my friends have had, or have children who attend this school. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about this school and the staff.

Virginia Run Elementary School 4

Posted December 20, 2013
I have to state that after transferring into Bull Run's Gifted Center, my daughter is enjoying school a lot more and is being stimulated. Ms. Michelson is an advocate for my daughter at all times. If she can do anything for a child, it is certaing she will do what is really in the children's best interest. Being on top of everything from medical needs to acadmic needs, she is there. She can only do so much is larger class size, but listens to the children and does her best which is with high skill. The front desk staff at the school is very cordia l with the principal is extremely bright and has taken the school in the direction that will continue to enlighten, and educate children in a great manner. I have to say that in education, that "a little" is not enough, but Bull Run embraces children and really does have the ability to reach the children enrolled.....the teachers are all in. I have to say that in every place in life, people can disagree on issues and education is not any different, but when your voice can be heard....it is! if given the ability to step outside the box a bit more, it would be a sure fire 5!!! I am a hard rater, so understand this... Terri Caffey

Virginia Run Elementary School 4

Posted July 09, 2013
Not sure where I really stand with this school given the leadership change and our history there. We had two go through from 2nd to 6th grade several years back and in general, very happy with the education. Teachers and staff were professional, hands on and high quality educators. We rarely had an issue with a teacher. Found the old principal a little quirky but the staff and school appeared well run and stable. Have heard many complaints about the new principal and there was an exodus of some great teachers. We just finished our first year with the new principal. We met with her prior to school starting to discuss our concerns as our child was transitioning from one school to VRES. She listened and her selection of our child's teacher could not have been better. We had a horrible year at another FCPS school the previous year and the new principal clearly listened to what we said. Our child had an outstanding year and we look forward to several more despite the high quality AP that is leaving for a new assignment.

Virginia Run Elementary School
15450 Martins Hundred Dr, Centreville, VA  20120
Last modified Virginia Run Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Virginia Run Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top