Chantilly, VA

Posted May 17, 2015
I am a parent who has 2 children that attended St. Timothy's Catholic School from Kindergarten - 8th grade. St. Timothy's is, as others have mentioned, more than a school, but a faith-filled, family community. In our community, it is common to demonstrate strength and support in times of adversity. We teach our children to stand up for their beliefs whether it is showing support for our school on websites such as this, defending "Right to Life" in D.C., supporting victims of natural disasters, providing school supplies to Africa, supporting Wounded Warriors, having a baby shower to support mothers in need and much more. Yes, these are the values that I want to instill in my children. I am grateful that we still have schools like St. Tim's where God is not only included in our school, but is at the forefront. While I feel the academics at St. Timothy are excellent, I also do not consider an education that includes God, a sub-par education. St. Timothy's may not be the right school for everyone, but for those who call it home, there is no place like it. For those who choose a different path, we wish you the best and keep you in our prayers.

St Timothy Catholic School 1

Posted May 08, 2015
Except for not finding the administration rude, I absolutely agree with the points made in the review of Sept. 16, 2014. The academics are most definitely sub-par and do not come close to those of Fairfax County Schools for the same grade. Also, the tactics of gathering parents and/or staff with children at the school to quash that Sept. review with an avalanche of 5 star reviews is morally and ethically abhorrent. Note the back to back dates of the 5 star reviews after the Sept. 16th one. Coincidence--I think not. At least the other 5 star waited until April. Is this the ethics you'll instill in the children? How will anyone take those reviews seriously? This alone says volumes about the school. Also, the inappropriate discussions and behavior of some of the students are alarming at a school supposedly rooted in Christian beliefs and, no, all elementary schools do not have the same issue of inappropriate discussions and language in the earlier grades.

Posted April 26, 2015
St.Timothy Catholic School continues to be an outstnading school community,. The teachers and administration are never satisified with the status quo, but are focussing on continuous improvmenets in academics, facilities, and extra-curricular programs. Our family has had a child at this schools since 1998 and our fourth child is in Sixth grade. In our experience this school continues to evolve focusing on improving and improving every year. The administration and teachers are ensuring that the latest in academic excellence is brought into the classroom and our daughter is THRIVING! As many others have said, St. Tim's is much more than a school, it is a family that we call and extension of our own. We are blessed to continue to be a part of this wonderful community,

Posted October 03, 2014
I currently have 2 children attending St. Timothy Catholic School and our 3rd will start next year. My daughter is in 2nd grade and my Son is in Pre-K. SInce my daughter was in Kindergarten, my family and I have always felt welcome and part of the community which is important to us since we are not originally from VA. My children have excelled not only in academics but socially and continue to grow religiously. The administration, office staff, teachers, and even the maintenance crew have always been courteous and helpful. STS is more like a family than someplace that just educates my children. I could not imagine my kids not being STS kids! Thank you St. Timothy for letting my family be a part of yours!

Posted September 23, 2014
We have had children at St. Timothy School for over 15 years. It is a second home for our family. Our overall experience with the school has been very positive. Our children have received a solid education, have met many friends from wonderful families, and have built a strong foundation in their faith. Over the years, we have watched the school grow to meet the ever-increasing needs of the students. In a world where technology is changing the educational landscape, St. Timothy is striving to address the individual needs of each student. The school has made large investments in technology to assist with this goal. Over the years, the school has also added many extracurricular activities to give students the opportunity to explore many areas of interest. While no school is perfect and there is always something that any given school can do better, St. Timothy has been a perfect fit for our family, academically, spiritually, and socially.

Posted September 21, 2014
We are very pleased with St. Timothy's. We had one child there K-8 and currently have a child in Middle School. The faculty is excellent and cares about the students. The principal and administration make improvements every year. We highly recommend it!

Posted September 19, 2014
My wife and I couldn't be any more happy with St. Timothy's....it is a fabulous school! We've had children go through every grade (Pre-school through 8th grade) and graduate and we have children currently enrolled. Not only have they received an exceptional education, but they've learned to know and love their faith. The teachers and staff are caring educators who take pride in their work. As someone who has been around the school a long time, I feel the school has never been stronger than it is currently! St. Tim's is thriving and its great to see that they continue to strive for improvement every year. I believe STS is the best investment I can make in my children in educating them academically and morally and helping them to become a person of faith and strong character. My children are thriving at St. Timothy's thanks to the teachers, administration, and all the great STS families.....it truly is a close community.

Posted September 19, 2014
St. Timothy Catholic School has been the best investment in our children's academic success we could have made. We have been parents at St. Tim's for over 11 years and our children have experienced every grade, Pre-K-8 including an alumnus who was well prepared for a challenging high school curriculum. From Administration and staff, to teachers, we are extremely impressed with the care that has been given to our children. The academic excellence St. Tim's strives for is evident when you see the success of the graduates. It is also evident with the individualized attention students receive throughout the grades. Take a walk around the school on any given day and see how engaged both students and teachers are in the learning process. Of course, all this learning is rooted in faith formation and Catholic identity. Students help one another and are welcoming to new families. In addition to technology advancements and individualized curriculums throughout the grades, most especially noticeable in the Middle School with various class levels for Math, STS initiated a Family Ambassador program to be of assistance with our new families. STS keeps growing and there are many reasons why!

Posted September 19, 2014
Extremely impressed with St Timothy. Last year our twins attended the 2 day preschool program. The teacher was phenomenal; on a scale from 1-10 I would rate her 15! I couldn t believe the individualized attention we received; she always took the time to email us and let us know how the twins were. Also the use of the class blackboard system allows parents to see the lessons, songs, prayers enabling us to reinforce lessons at home. The preschool director does a fantastic job of engaging parents with monthly coffees; parents get to know each other and ask questions as well as provide feedback. This year our twins are attending the full day Pre-K4 program and I continue to be amazed with their progress and learning. They love going every day and as parents we consider that a huge success and a testament to what a wonderful program they are running. At this age, we wanted our children to go somewhere where they are nurtured, well cared for, safe and develop a love of learning; they have that and more at St Timothy s.

Posted September 18, 2014
Exceptional School! I have had children at St.Timothy school for 10 years and there has never been a better time to be a student here than now. The administrative staff and teachers have done a lot of work over the past three years to provide so many opportunities for our children. Opportunities for quality education with differentiated learning, advanced placement, technology based learning and tutoring services. Opportunities for personal growth with the many, many clubs and activities. And most importantly, opportunities to grow in faith and virtue. I'm so happy my children are in a loving and safe environment where they can talk about God and celebrate Christmas for the real reason, where the teachers and staff really care about the students and where the students care about each other. Thank you, St Tims, for providing these opportunities! I firmly believe that what you put in is what you get out....your hard work is making a great school with great kids! Keep it up!

St Timothy Catholic School
13809 Poplar Tree Road, Chantilly, VA  20151
Last modified St Timothy Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Timothy Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top