PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Posted February 27, 2016
Regarding the Feb 22nd post about the middle school teacher... I am so sad to hear that you think the school is losing faith base. Maybe going to a Friday mass and watching the older kids interact with the younger ones will restore your confidence in the faith at St. Tim's. Or attend an adoration at the school and see how reverent the children act in front of our Lord. It is simply beautiful. Before your post, had you reached out to the teacher to better understand the context of his comment? My child is a middle schooler and he absolutely loves how this teacher teaches. He challenges the children to help them form an opinion and articulate why they have that opinion. This is such a life skill! These classroom discussions spark such great conversation in our house. I am sad that your comment is now leading to censorship in the classroom.

Posted February 27, 2016
I can't not respond to the parent speaking against the social studies teacher. I have been at this school for 8 years. I could not wait for my kids to get to middle school, just for this teacher. He lights a fire within my kids. He makes them think and he helps them form their own EDUCATED opinions. He can engage even the quietest child to debate and question the politics of the world. HE HAS NEVER COMPROMISED OUR CATHOLIC BELIEFS!!!!! My kids come home and TALK to us. They come home and WATCH THE NEWS. They come home and ASK QUESTIONS. All because of this extremely special teacher. Because of this parents complaint, they are no longer allowed to discuss politics. So I would like to applaud this parent, for taking away the fire. Thanks so much.

Posted February 25, 2016
Happened to read the last post by the parent upset about the history teacher. This particular teacher has done an outstanding job over many years at St. Tim's. This teacher does not lower grades because of political views one way or another. The lines between politics and religion have crossed over centuries. Children in his class are encouraged to debate and voice their opinions without fear of reprisal. I appreciate the teacher's enthusiasm and passion for history and most of all the ability to have children see things from a different perspective - even if it differs from their parents and what they hear in the news. Makes for great dinner conversation. The teachers at St. Tim's are the backbone of the school. They love the children and work hard to provide a good catholic experience for all.

St Timothy Catholic School 3

Posted February 22, 2016
My son's history teacher told my him this week that the Holy Father has no right to question Donald Trump's Christianity! I send my children to this school for reinforcement of our Catholic values as much as anything else and the fact that a teacher's personal politics are undermining those values (apparently on a daily basis according to my son) is extremely upsetting to me. St. Tim's is losing its focus on building the character and faith of our children.

Posted February 21, 2016
There has never been a better time to be at Saint Timothy School! The administration and faculty are committed to academic excellence and Catholic formation for all their students. Our family has been blessed to be a part of this community for many years and we consider STS our 2nd home... our kids home away from home. I strongly recommend this school to other families, take a tour and see if this is the right school for your family!

St Timothy Catholic School
Grateful to: Parent

Posted November 29, 2015
I'm grateful for the Saint Timothy Catholic School Community...the involved parents, the dedicated and passionate teachers and caring staff. You all help to make Saint Timothy the wonderful community that it is -- a safe haven, a home away from home. I am grateful for all of YOU!

Posted July 29, 2015
I feel very fortunate to have a school like St Tims where my children can be nurtured through their early years of school. Morals, religion and academics are all at the forefront of importance here. The student body is like a family - the older kids are so kind to my younger kids, making them feel welcome and included from day 1. The administration is always open to ideas from the parents and willing to make changes to accommodate. New capital improvements are undertaken every year. I also feel very confident in the safety of my kids at St Tims, which is incredibly important to me in this day and age. Two thumbs up for STS!

St Timothy Catholic School 2

Posted July 18, 2015
My experience started out well but it is starting to decline with many changes that are not positive. They are being to treat the school more like a business with the administrations benefits in mind.

Posted June 09, 2015
Our five children have attended St Timothy school over the last 19 yrs. St Timothy's is academically strong and offers sound Catholic teaching and traditions. The staff and teachers treat our children as individuals and challenge them to become the best they can be. Even the school nurse offers excellent care when my children have been sick until I can get there to pick them up. The principal and vice principal are always present, look you in the eye and are very approachable. We are confident in our decision in sending our children to St Timothy's school. It is truly like family.

Posted June 09, 2015
St. Timothy's Catholic School has provided our children an excellent education within an environment that offers genuine faith formation, an academic challenge, and a warm interpersonal connection. Despite it's consistent success, the administration and faculty at St. Tim's are continually working together to enhance and further improve what they offer our children. While Northern VA can be a fast paced stress filled place to live, St. Tim's has been a very positive aspect of helping create balance for our family. We feel very confident that the people at St. Tim's have risen to the challenge of high academic expectations, while significantly contributing to the deep rooted faith and happy well rounded demeanor our girls display.

St Timothy Catholic School
13809 Poplar Tree Road, Chantilly, VA  20151
Last modified St Timothy Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8