Chantilly, VA

Posted June 09, 2015
Our five children have attended St Timothy school over the last 19 yrs. St Timothy's is academically strong and offers sound Catholic teaching and traditions. The staff and teachers treat our children as individuals and challenge them to become the best they can be. Even the school nurse offers excellent care when my children have been sick until I can get there to pick them up. The principal and vice principal are always present, look you in the eye and are very approachable. We are confident in our decision in sending our children to St Timothy's school. It is truly like family.

Posted June 09, 2015
St. Timothy's Catholic School has provided our children an excellent education within an environment that offers genuine faith formation, an academic challenge, and a warm interpersonal connection. Despite it's consistent success, the administration and faculty at St. Tim's are continually working together to enhance and further improve what they offer our children. While Northern VA can be a fast paced stress filled place to live, St. Tim's has been a very positive aspect of helping create balance for our family. We feel very confident that the people at St. Tim's have risen to the challenge of high academic expectations, while significantly contributing to the deep rooted faith and happy well rounded demeanor our girls display.

Posted June 08, 2015
Unique to St Timothy, it has created a culture that cultivates academic excellence tempered with Christian values--truly a "great" school. Shaped by the Principal Mr. McLaughlin’s leadership, his staff and the facility are totally dedicated to grow their students to their maximum potential. All teachers instruct with flare and style and shepherd their students; their examples develop maturity and confidence in their students. To highlight a few, our daughter was fortunate to have experienced mentorship from Mrs. Venafro, Mrs. Cowan, her popular social studies/history teacher, and language/literature teacher. One major benefit from the St Timothy’s curriculum, students receive a daily math class; this reinforces the discipline to grow confidence in math skills (most schools do not have math instruction every day). FYI, we recommend if you are interested in St Timothy to schedule a school tour by Mrs. Irons with an office call with Mr. McLaughlin. St Timothy has a remarkable relationship with Paul VI high school; both schools have a similar culture for excellence in academics and developing young adults. In conclusion, St Timothy is a 5-star, first-class academic environment where you feel God’s grace & wisdom every day; their clergy lead by Father Weems radiates spiritual energy.

Posted May 17, 2015
I am a parent who has 2 children that attended St. Timothy's Catholic School from Kindergarten - 8th grade. St. Timothy's is, as others have mentioned, more than a school, but a faith-filled, family community. In our community, it is common to demonstrate strength and support in times of adversity. We teach our children to stand up for their beliefs whether it is showing support for our school on websites such as this, defending "Right to Life" in D.C., supporting victims of natural disasters, providing school supplies to Africa, supporting Wounded Warriors, having a baby shower to support mothers in need and much more. Yes, these are the values that I want to instill in my children. I am grateful that we still have schools like St. Tim's where God is not only included in our school, but is at the forefront. While I feel the academics at St. Timothy are excellent, I also do not consider an education that includes God, a sub-par education. St. Timothy's may not be the right school for everyone, but for those who call it home, there is no place like it. For those who choose a different path, we wish you the best and keep you in our prayers.

St Timothy Catholic School 1

Posted May 08, 2015
Except for not finding the administration rude, I absolutely agree with the points made in the review of Sept. 16, 2014. The academics are most definitely sub-par and do not come close to those of Fairfax County Schools for the same grade. Also, the tactics of gathering parents and/or staff with children at the school to quash that Sept. review with an avalanche of 5 star reviews is morally and ethically abhorrent. Note the back to back dates of the 5 star reviews after the Sept. 16th one. Coincidence--I think not. At least the other 5 star waited until April. Is this the ethics you'll instill in the children? How will anyone take those reviews seriously? This alone says volumes about the school. Also, the inappropriate discussions and behavior of some of the students are alarming at a school supposedly rooted in Christian beliefs and, no, all elementary schools do not have the same issue of inappropriate discussions and language in the earlier grades.

Posted April 26, 2015
St.Timothy Catholic School continues to be an outstnading school community,. The teachers and administration are never satisified with the status quo, but are focussing on continuous improvmenets in academics, facilities, and extra-curricular programs. Our family has had a child at this schools since 1998 and our fourth child is in Sixth grade. In our experience this school continues to evolve focusing on improving and improving every year. The administration and teachers are ensuring that the latest in academic excellence is brought into the classroom and our daughter is THRIVING! As many others have said, St. Tim's is much more than a school, it is a family that we call and extension of our own. We are blessed to continue to be a part of this wonderful community,

Posted October 03, 2014
I currently have 2 children attending St. Timothy Catholic School and our 3rd will start next year. My daughter is in 2nd grade and my Son is in Pre-K. SInce my daughter was in Kindergarten, my family and I have always felt welcome and part of the community which is important to us since we are not originally from VA. My children have excelled not only in academics but socially and continue to grow religiously. The administration, office staff, teachers, and even the maintenance crew have always been courteous and helpful. STS is more like a family than someplace that just educates my children. I could not imagine my kids not being STS kids! Thank you St. Timothy for letting my family be a part of yours!

Posted September 23, 2014
We have had children at St. Timothy School for over 15 years. It is a second home for our family. Our overall experience with the school has been very positive. Our children have received a solid education, have met many friends from wonderful families, and have built a strong foundation in their faith. Over the years, we have watched the school grow to meet the ever-increasing needs of the students. In a world where technology is changing the educational landscape, St. Timothy is striving to address the individual needs of each student. The school has made large investments in technology to assist with this goal. Over the years, the school has also added many extracurricular activities to give students the opportunity to explore many areas of interest. While no school is perfect and there is always something that any given school can do better, St. Timothy has been a perfect fit for our family, academically, spiritually, and socially.

Posted September 21, 2014
We are very pleased with St. Timothy's. We had one child there K-8 and currently have a child in Middle School. The faculty is excellent and cares about the students. The principal and administration make improvements every year. We highly recommend it!

Posted September 19, 2014
My wife and I couldn't be any more happy with St. Timothy's....it is a fabulous school! We've had children go through every grade (Pre-school through 8th grade) and graduate and we have children currently enrolled. Not only have they received an exceptional education, but they've learned to know and love their faith. The teachers and staff are caring educators who take pride in their work. As someone who has been around the school a long time, I feel the school has never been stronger than it is currently! St. Tim's is thriving and its great to see that they continue to strive for improvement every year. I believe STS is the best investment I can make in my children in educating them academically and morally and helping them to become a person of faith and strong character. My children are thriving at St. Timothy's thanks to the teachers, administration, and all the great STS families.....it truly is a close community.

St Timothy Catholic School
13809 Poplar Tree Road, Chantilly, VA  20151
Last modified St Timothy Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Timothy Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 63 reviews. Top