No rating

St Timothy School

Private | PK-8 | 578 students

Living in Chantilly

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $348,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,550.

Posted yesterday

I have had my son enrolled at St. Tim's since kindergarten and he is now in second grade. I was raised Catholic, though do not attend church regularly. Following an exhaustive search of private schools in the area, St. Tim's seemed like a great value. Top notch, individualized instruction was what I was sold. I was assured that religion and Catholicism was not the primary concern, but that academics were at the forefront of the education. This is not even close to being the truth. The education is sub-par. Teachers are seemingly chosen for their salary requirements and not for their education and experience. The administration is incredibly rude. Make no mistakes about it - religion is their only concern. They are promoting a hate filled, exclusive environment which is not the Catholicism to which I subscribe. Beware when you assess this school.

Posted April 7, 2014

There are amazing initiatives underway at Saint Timothy Catholic School. St. Timothy offers a gifted and talented program for Language Arts and Math, a dynamic principal and assistant principal, and passionate staff. There has never been a better time to be at Saint Timothy! They offer strong academics rooted in the Catholic faith tradition.

Posted February 17, 2014

Saint Timothy's is awesome. My wife and I transferred our daughters from another local private school, having become aware of the challenging curriculum offered to our kids' grade levels (K - 4). The catholic mentoring is nicely intertwined with the academics, and a wide range of special academic opportunities are available (e.g. art, spanish, music). The teachers are so involved and energetic, the administrators very helpful and organized (Ms. Irons the registrar is amazing!!!!), and the principal (Mr. McLaughlin) has the entire program well dialed-in. I am so glad we chose this school....so will you.

Posted October 19, 2013

St. Timothy has been WONDERFUL for both my children and myself!! My eldest was very prepared for high school. Both the teachers and staff are incredibly dedicated and caring. St. Timothy provides both a challenging academic experience and an education deeply rooted in faith.

Posted August 12, 2013

St. Timothy's embraced my family when we relocated to VA 5 years ago. My girls were in kindergarten, we knew no one, had no family here but from day one, I had back up for morning and afternoon pick up. The academics are excellent and it is just getting better. I would love to see some more athletic teams, but all in all, St Tims has made us very happy.

Posted August 12, 2013

We have two children who have graduated from St. Tim's and two who still attend. As recent reviews have indicated, this school has always provided strong academics, a wonderful environment and a foundation based in our Catholic faith. The strategic goals recently outlined for the 2013-14 academic year continue to demonstrate that St. Tim's is focused on building even stronger academic programs with increasing emphasis on Math and Science while coupled with strong Language arts programs. St. Tim's has been an exceptional experience for not only our children but for the entire family and their commitment to continuous feedback and growth is what we expect in such a wonderful school.

Posted May 20, 2013

This is our first year at Saint Timothy School. We transferred from a very reputable public school system however we missed the Catholic environment, thus the decision to send our daughter to STS. This was the best decision we could have made for our daughter. Her math, spelling, hand writing and science skills have absolutely soared. Coupled with the strong Catholic traditions and there simply is NO COMPARISON. My daughter is a different child....she loves going to school, has made wonderful friends. She has learned so much about her faith and thus is becoming a strong Catholic girl, proud of her faith and strong in her practice. We could not be happier with our decision to join the STS family.

Posted December 5, 2012

This is the 8th year that I have had a child attend St. Tim's and I have several children attending currently. We have been very happy with the teachers, curriculum, parental involvement, and this year the new principal. I have been pleased to see my children step up and help someone who is feeling left out, and other issues because of the Christian values that they are learning. The teachers are helpful and responsive, the technology is the latest, there is a counselor as a resource for many issues, and they just added an extra math enrichment program this year. I find that the values, challenges, and environment have been so good for my kids. I have a public school at the end of my street, and I have sent them 5 miles to St. Tim's for the past 8 years, and still have 2 young children to start, so have many more years to go....happily!

Posted December 4, 2012

What a fantastic environment for my children! We have 4 children currently enrolled at St. Tim's. The oldest is in 8th grade and the youngest is in KG. We've been involved with the school for the last 9 years and it has never been better than it is today. The school has a new principle who is making positive changes and additions to the school. He's a forward thinking, positive leader to the faculty. My children love St. Tim's and couldn't imagine being anywhere else. The kids are all wonderful to each other and it's proven by watching them act out their catholic values amongst one another. I'm so pleased that my children are able to establish a strong foundation of faith while excelling academically at St. Timothy's. Rest assured that your child will be treated with love and care at St. Tim's with God being at the center of everything St. Tim's does.

Posted December 4, 2012

I was shocked to read the November 29th posting. Saint Timothy has a new principal who is making incredible positive changes to the school, academically, spiritually, and to the overall culture of the school. I currently have two children at St. Timothy and I couldn't be happier. They have added a gifted and talented program which has my children completely excelling in math. There are wonderful after school clubs for all the children to participate in. My children are thrilled to be a part of the STS community. I have never personally experienced any type of bullying at this school. The teachers and faculty are loving, and caring. I have heard from other parents, Mr. McLaughlin, the new principal, has a zero tolerance for bullying (and that would include from teachers as well students).

Posted December 4, 2012

My children love this school! I have four children who love waking up and going to school because they have good friends, great teachers, and a loving, God-centered environment. Bullying is not tolerated. I know several parents who send their children to St. Tims because of the bullying problems in other schools. Their children, and mine included, come home feeling happy and peaceful. They are motivated to work hard and look forward to the many fun traditions at St. Tims.

Posted December 4, 2012

Saint Timothy School is a wonderful school for my children! This is a Blue Ribbon School with excellent academic achievements. They teach core curriculum resulting in overall academic scores in the top 10% of the country. St. Tim's has prepared my children not just academically; but, also in strong catholic morales and values. It takes a "village" for children to succeed and St. Tim's offers that from the caring teachers, to the school counselor, to the involved administration and faith- filled priests. From preschool through eigth grade, my children have learned more then basic academics. They are taught Spanish from Kinderg. up, they have a state of the art computer lab and science lab, unseen at many schools, they are taught faith, love compassion and respect for others. Mind, body, spirit and academics ...what a great approach in raising your children. St. Timothy School is a loving community......yes, community who cares about the entire family. With the dynamic principal and zero tolerance for bullying, we are thrilled to be raising our children at this wonderful school over the past 8 years!

Posted November 29, 2012

Do not let the ratings fool you. I have had my children at this school for more than 6 years and I am giving strong consideration to moving them and we are not the only family considering such a move. The school has had a longstanding bullying problem. The teachers and administration are very rude and the way they speak to the students is terrible.My child has been told by teachers and administrative people to "shut up," "what do you want!", sit in a corner and make sure no one looks or talks to them - all of this in a "catholic environment." We have dealt with it for this long because I was hoping that speaking with the administration about it would stop these things from happening but nothing has changed. Seeing the unchristian attitudes exhibited by the school why would we keep them there? The school has a new principal who seems like a nice person but what I have discussed above continues and is known and tolerated by him. The reason why I did not rate it as one star is that there are a few (a small number) great teachers that exhibit the loving and nurturing attitude you would expect in this environment and I would have hoped the other teachers would have learned from them.

Posted July 26, 2012

St. Timothy School has provided a tremendous academic and spiritual learning environment for our children. We look very forward to the 2012/2013 school year with the arrival of our new principal and all the wonderful skills and talents that he brings to St. Timothy's. Our children have established strong friendships with both students and teachers and St. Timothy's has really felt like an extended family.

Posted July 22, 2012

We are so looking forward to the school year in 2012 with our new principle, Mr. McLaughlin, who is a solid educator with great experience. STS is already a fabulous learning environment, with great student teacher ratios and fantastic Science, Math and other academic programs. On top of this, STS is implementing a Gifted and Talented program in which our daughter will be participating. Finally, these exceptional academics are surrounded by strong Catholic values with the spiritual and social environment that rounds out all the wonderful aspects of learning at St. Timothy Catholic School.

Posted October 13, 2011

St. Timothy School is a wonderful school that provides academic excellence and a warm, caring environment. Three of my children are St. Timothy graduates and have gone on to excel in high school and college thanks to the stellar academic foundation St. Timothy's provided. My last child is currently in Middle School and loves the electives offered, the dedicated teachers and the strong sense of community. The school graduates students that are prepared for the challenges high school offers, both in and outside of the classroom. Sending our children to St. Timothy School is easily one of the best decisions my husband and I have ever made.

Posted October 13, 2011

Saint Timothy School is a great value, because the kids are learning 21st century skills. Their faculty is extremely well qualified, especially their support staff, and they truly care about their students. Students are taught Spanish, art, and music. They have access to individualized instruction by the Resource Center when necessary. The library is large and modern, with computers and a librarian who teaches students how to do research in the 21st century. The counselor seems to know every student by name, and helps the students to find their footing. The middle school offers students electives in robotics, art, PE, music, research, improv, public speaking, storytelling, astronomy... and the teachers choose the electives they are passionate about. The middle school is also broken up into houses or advisories, which are groups of students from 6-8th grade, so the kids really feel a sense of belonging. My kids do look forward to going back to school at St. Tim's every year.

Posted October 13, 2011

Excellent teachers Strong principal/school leadership Challenging academic programs I firmly believe St. Timothy's has all three of these qualities to make it a GREAT school. Both my daughters went to the school, from start to finish. My husband and I knew early on they would be attending a public high school, but we felt they would be able handle the pressures of this transition if they had a strong faith background. They even had a leg up on the academics since St. Tim's has an accelerated curriculum.

Posted September 29, 2011

St. Timothy School is a Blue Ribbon School that teaches to the mind, body and soul. My children have attended this school for 7 years and have excelled academically and socially. The school does not teach to the SOLs; but, teaches the basics and when they take their standardized test, they score years beyond their grade level counterparts nationally. This says to me that the academics are sound and that they are prepared for any high school upon graduation. Within this faith community, our children are prepared in more ways then academics......they are patient, kind, considerate, respectful and have wounderful character traits based on their virtues.

Posted September 27, 2011

My children absolutely love St. Timothy School! When I've volunteered (and I do a lot) the one thing I notice is how happy all of the students are. St. Timothy has a beautiful sense of community. From pre-k, through elementary to middle school students are challenged academically and nurtured spiritually. I would highly reccomend this school. It makes me sad to see the comments below about the carpool ladies. These are parents who volunteer, no matter what the weather, and enforce rules for the sole purpose of keeping our children safe! I would encourage you to come in for a tour and judge for yourself.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Arlington

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

13809 Poplar Tree Road