Chantilly, VA

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 29, 2015
Montessori does not emphasis "homework" like a traditional school. However, children do have work to complete every day. Which I know increases at the elementary level as well.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 29, 2015
One of the best parts about Montessori education is that the children are treated as individuals, and their needs/skill levels are taken into account by the teacher. When you treat children with respect, they will in turn learn how to treat others with respect.

Posted July 29, 2015
Having attended a traditional school myself, I really wanted my children to experience an educational environment in which they are encouraged to work at their own pace and develop a love for learning. This is exactly what the Accredited Montessori education that The Boyd School has provided for my kids. They love going to school every day and are able to dive head first into whatever their interests are that day. I also love that the school organizes after school extracurriculars for the students in addition to aftercare, as this helps to alleviate some of the pressures that come from DC traffic & commuting. While there have been some teacher changes this year, if history holds true, the new teachers will be just as warm and welcoming as ever.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted July 28, 2015
NO! They knew my son regressing being in the wrong class, instead promising to put our son in primary class!

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 28, 2015
Again! We couldn even see anything pass there money management and care for your child.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 28, 2015
No when its all about collecting money. I don't see whats the honesty? They took that experience from us!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 27, 2015
That should standard in any educational purposes keeps the family connected with there on what they are learning in school.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted July 27, 2015
No, because all the Boyd ownership and management cares about is collecting money on payment contract basis.

Posted July 15, 2015
We love Boyd for our 2 kids. We have been part of the Boyd family for the past 4 years and we love it. The teachers are all Montessori certified and the classes are small so each child gets personal attention from knowledgeable staff. The director, Garrett Wilhelm, is extremely friendly and really cares about each student. The school itself is very clean and large with 2 playgrounds, a soccer field, and a large great room with a stage. There are also many extracurricular activities offered after classes including ballet, soccer, piano, guitar, etc. I've seen amazing growth from our kids after starting at Boyd. I highly recommend Boyd to any family. We are very pleased to be a part of the Boyd family.

Posted April 04, 2015
Every parent wants their child to have that teacher. You know, the one that your child loves & admires & wishes to please. You know, the one that entertains & inspires & encourages your child to reach his/her potential. You know, the one that prepares your child for the next level & fosters a love for learning. We traveled an hour every day for this teacher & it was well worth it. My only regret is that my child did not have more years with this teacher.

4550 Walney Road, Chantilly, VA  20151
Last modified The Boyd School - Westfields is a Private school that serves grades PK-7
The Boyd School - Westfields Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top