Chantilly, VA

Posted December 09, 2014
The Boyd School has been a great place for my son to experience the joy of preschool. He has made many new friends, and all of the staff are certified Montessori teachers who genuinely care about the growth and development of students. I have been very pleased with the experience that my son has had and look forward to continuing to be a part of the wonderful Boyd community.

Posted December 08, 2014
We are beyond please with the toddler and primary teachers! They are nurturing and attentive to each child. We had very high expectations and so far they have met them all. We have nothing but positive things to say about Boyd's at Westfields!

Posted December 07, 2014
Our association with this school has been since the past three years. We have enjoyed the professionalism of the teachers and office staff during this time.Just like a beautiful house does not become a home without a warm family, a beautiful school needs a warm community to thrive. It is this community that makes this school so special. The parent community is active and welcomed in all areas of the school. It is a delight to walk into the school every morning, and see warm friendly welcoming smiles from all. The children are kind, compassionate and are being ingrained in the Montessori philosophy of love and tolerance towards all. They are challenged daily and pursue a strong curriculum in all spheres. It is certainly a better choice for us than a traditional 'one fit for all' model. The teachers have left a lasting impression on the children.

Posted December 06, 2014
Every school has its selling point, and at Boyd, it is the Teachers! At least at the El & Upper El levels. Our 7 yr old has attended two other schools, and we have always picked the school based on the teacher(s), not the other way around - so our school rating is based on that. As high as our expectations were going in, the main teacher has managed to surprise us positively. Yes, our son is challenged to perform at higher levels, but it is also done with a good balance of nurturing/ caring & sternness, appropriate at his level. We are also pleased with the other teachers - in particular, the Science and Music teachers are both par excellence - you only need to attend one of the science fairs or festivals to see how well the students are coached and encouraged, and the advanced science experiments and music compositions they come up with mostly on their own. The School has a strong STEM program. That said, the only negative I can think of is that there is too much of a cost focus at the school which leads to a negative comparison to other schools (like fewer field trips, e.g.). The school has appointed a new administrator this year, so I am hoping that this improves going forward

The Boyd School - Westfields 3

Posted December 04, 2014
We have been at this school for three years and have experienced teachers in both the primary side and the elementray side. The school is balanced more heavily on primary (i.e. kindergarten and younger) and they do a great job there. Our children thrived and were challenged in the primary curriculum. Our experience on the elementary side has not been the same. We noticed that certain students are favored and have more individual teacher time and attention. Other students are left to determine for themselves how to conduct their work. We were pleased with the school when comparing to other kindergarten & younger educational/care settings and endorse the school for their primary program. The school needs to do a lot of work to improve on the elementary side. I believe we aren't the only parents who think so, given there are approximately 5 primary classrooms and 1 elementary classroom. Farifax and Loundon county schools are very competitive with Boyd at the elementary level - without the hefty tuition. It's obviously a personal choice. I would suggest visiting more than once and speaking with parents during pick up time for honest parental feedback before making a choice.

Posted December 02, 2014
I have three children at the Boyd School. One is in Middle School class and the other two are in Lower Elementary. My Middle School child has excelled and have grown past our expectations. Both kids in the lower elementary class have done well and are both challenged daily to explore their passions and are truly happy learning! The teachers and staff are dedicated in what they do and have a true understanding of the Montessori philosophy. At the Boyd School there is a warm, friendly environment by all staff members, they also try to foster community events to enhance the experience. Upper and Lower Elementary participate in activities like walk for water and the Mathaton , teaching the kids a sense of helping in the community and helping others Submitted by a parent

Posted December 02, 2014
As a parent, I am extremely happy with the Boyd School. Both of my sons went there from Preschool through the 3rd grade. It was worth every penny of the tuition. Great Montessori environment, very friendly and caring. The building is spacious, nicely lit, clean and secure. The teachers are fantastic. The school offers high quality Music classes, Art, Spanish, PE, Science as part of the curriculum, plus variety of after-school activities (soccer, chess, dance, yoga, ballet, French, Percussion, etc.) Hot catered lunches are a big plus. It took me a lot of time to choose the right school for my kids and I was not disappointed with our selection.

Posted November 17, 2014
Our preschool age children truly enjoy going to school here. They have become more independent when it comes to dressing themselves and getting organized for school, thanks to the emphasis placed on practical life skills. They are also more helpful with household tasks, respectful of boundaries and increasingly self-aware and considerate of others. We are constantly amazed by how much they are processing the lessons and their ability to relate what they are learning to their daily lives. Their teachers are very attentive and know how to engage our kids and guide them through the learning process. The director is very approachable and knows our children by name. This school works hard to create a family atmosphere. Overall, we are thrilled knowing that our kids are a part of the Boyd School family.

The Boyd School - Westfields 1

Posted August 19, 2014
I will never recommend anyone to send their children at Westfield Boyd school. I am very disappointed at the teacher's treatments towards my son. Teacher is very cold/ rude and not being cooperative with parents. But she thinks she is the world best teacher.

Posted June 06, 2013
My two daughters started the school three years ago (beginning in the toddler room and transitioned to the primary class). They enjoy learning, LOVE the teachers, and are happy going to school everyday! The school is year-round and they have a great Montessori program. The teachers are caring and dedicated and follow "the whole child"- not just the academics. The admin has been supportive of all my family's needs. I plan to continue sending my girls to school because this environment best suits them and they love it! It makes me happy to see the progress (socially, intellectually, emotionally, and physically) in the three years we have been here. I recommend this school to all our family and friends because I couldn't be any happier than here at The Boyd School.

The Boyd School - Westfields
4550 Walney Road, Chantilly, VA  20151
Last modified The Boyd School - Westfields is a Private school that serves grades PK-7
The Boyd School - Westfields Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top