Chantilly, VA

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 27, 2015
That should standard in any educational purposes keeps the family connected with there on what they are learning in school.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted July 27, 2015
No, because all the Boyd ownership and management cares about is collecting money on payment contract basis.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted July 27, 2015
NO! They knew my son regressing being in the wrong class, instead promising to put our son in primary class!

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 27, 2015
Again! We couldn even see anything pass there money management and care for your child.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 27, 2015
No when its all about collecting money. I don't see whats the honesty? They took that experience from us!

Posted July 15, 2015
We love Boyd for our 2 kids. We have been part of the Boyd family for the past 4 years and we love it. The teachers are all Montessori certified and the classes are small so each child gets personal attention from knowledgeable staff. The director, Garrett Wilhelm, is extremely friendly and really cares about each student. The school itself is very clean and large with 2 playgrounds, a soccer field, and a large great room with a stage. There are also many extracurricular activities offered after classes including ballet, soccer, piano, guitar, etc. I've seen amazing growth from our kids after starting at Boyd. I highly recommend Boyd to any family. We are very pleased to be a part of the Boyd family.

Posted April 04, 2015
Every parent wants their child to have that teacher. You know, the one that your child loves & admires & wishes to please. You know, the one that entertains & inspires & encourages your child to reach his/her potential. You know, the one that prepares your child for the next level & fosters a love for learning. We traveled an hour every day for this teacher & it was well worth it. My only regret is that my child did not have more years with this teacher.

Posted January 23, 2015
We are very happy with the The Boyd School! Before we enrolled our child at the school, we did our own research had heard about some of the issues parents were having with the administration but we never heard any criticism of the teachers. I have read all the reviews posted on this site and I can honestly say that we have not seen or experienced any issues. The school environment is very welcoming and warm. Everyone at the school cares about each child and their development both socially and academically. The school has a new director (since the summer) who has worked very hard to further promote the school community and parent participation/involvement. I believe the school has heard parents' feedback and is working very hard to ensure that the parents are getting the support from the administration and has done a great job in hiring the new director.

Posted January 23, 2015
Our daughter has been at Boyd now for 3.5 years toddler, primary and now kindergarten. I can t imagine her anywhere else (and we have looked more than once at other options in the area). The classrooms have excellent ratios of adults to children, parents drop ins are welcomed, older children are encouraged to help mentor the younger children in a room teaching valuable communications, community, team and sharing skills. My child now has a strong sense of confidence, independence and a willingness to try learning ANYTHING. Children are guided to ensure that topics are covered throughout the course of a day, and they are empowered with choice in selecting the duration or sequence of tasks. The education is not just about the core (SOL) topics. As a 5 year old she knows geography, world cultures, basics of sciences, and elements of history. In addition to her astounding ability to read and do math I remember doing MUCH later in my education. Most importantly, she is HAPPY to be at school. She loves to explore and learn and will grab a dictionary to look up a new word, or design an experiment in our kitchen. She mopes when the school is closed for winter break or a holiday.

Posted December 09, 2014
Our oldest son has been with the Boyd school since primary. He is now in the upper elementary program and I cannot say enough good thing about the school. We have compared other private schools around the area but seems like most other private schools are only concern on sending my kids to TJ. While I don't mind if my kid goes to TJ, being a score-chaser is not the kind of education that I want for my kids. The Boyd school mixes pure Montessori teaching with traditional material (like Math and Science) well. Highly recommended.

4550 Walney Road, Chantilly, VA  20151
Last modified The Boyd School - Westfields is a Private school that serves grades PK-7
The Boyd School - Westfields Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top