Charlottesville, VA

Posted August 28, 2014
money, no problem....They are real Human being..they care kids and families .Thanks Good, finally We find Light....

Posted January 25, 2014
This is the most incredible school, I wish I could have gone here when I was a kid. My child was having behavior problems in every school we put her in. Wherever we went if she got in trouble she would shut down, Mrs. Russ has brought out the best in our child who is now talking and approaching her peers. It is incredible to watch. Before we pulled her out of public school she would cry every morning about not wanting to go to school, now we have no fight. I can't say enough how much this school has given my family. My child is playing better, making friends and LOVES school. There is nothing else that we can ask for.

Posted September 27, 2013
I absolutely love this school. My daughter just started kindergarten, and is having a wonderful experience. The teachers, students and the entire school community have been extremely warm and welcoming. My daughter struggled socially while at a different preschool, but the warmth and care at CWS school have made all the difference, she seems comfortable and confident with her peers and looks forward to school everyday!

Posted September 16, 2013
CWS is a jewel of a school in Charlottesville! We have been sending our boys here for over 9 years, and it just gets better and better every year! Really, they LOVE their school, and that in itself is huge. But wow, it truly only scratches the surface. The amazing way the learning is folded into the curriculum as each year passes humbles me as a parent. The main thing we need more of is more students. So come visit us!!!!

Posted September 11, 2013
Most important I know my young children's love of and trust in the world is cherished at the Cville Waldorf School. He is encouraged to be himself while he plays. The children are outside come rain or shine which really instills the importance of the natural world. The community surrounding the school has made me feel a part of my children's lives outside of my home. I couldn't be happier with this school as their first step into the larger world.

Posted September 08, 2013
We are going into our 8th year at the Charlottesville Waldorf School and it has been an amazing experience from the beginning. We began our journey at the school after we had our daughter at another school and she wasn't happy. From the teachers to the manner in which the curriculum is taught, the quality of education has surpassed anything we could ever hoped for our children. But not only is the level of education excellent, the love and care that each teacher offers each student is amazing and unique. We are extremely grateful that our children (now 4) have had the opportunity to attend The Charlottesville Waldorf School, my hope is that more parents will find it for their children.

Posted September 07, 2013
C,ville Waldorf is such a unique place. We moved to the area especially so my children can be ushered into the beauty of life long learning using an intentional, and tried and true method. I am hooked and impressed by the community created by the organzied administration. Parents of students in my child's school include public school teachers, nurses, doctors, carpenters, engineers, small business owners and artists- a very diverse crowd. The Waldorf method seems to pinpoint developmental stages pretty perfectly. The curriculum is rigorous, but becasue of the timing and beauty with which mateial is introduced, children feel hungry to learn. We did a Montessori School last year, and though my child loved his teachers, there is a light in his eyes that didn't exist last year, where he seemed to find himself in the "waterworks" station of the classroom most of the time. I look forward to my own growth through my child's time at the school. I feel like I have hired a personal consulting firm as my child's teacher is available to help us with home rhythm and other issues where I need assistence and we have already set up a home visit with her. I would wish this on every child!!

Posted August 25, 2013
I have four children who attend CWS and have nothing but wonderful things to share about the program here. The teachers are so talented, so brilliant...it is really a joy to give this education to my children. There is something, more like *many* things, to look forward to each day for every child: plenty of time to read in grade school, plenty of time to play outside with friends when they are little. Art and music every day for every child--my son loves learning his string instrument--it is such a pleasure to parent a boy who loves books, lacrosse and orchestra! The depth of my kids' education is stellar--it touches all disciplines regularly. All CWS children love having two recesses a day until 8th grade to chill out between academics. During recess is very common to see middle schoolers playing chase with 1st graders and 3rd graders playing soccer with 8th graders. The mentoring relationships 8th graders form with the 2nd graders on Library Day is especially precious. The little kids adore attending the big kids' science fair--my first grader couldn't get enough of the 8th graders' electronic circuit projects. You just have to come see for yourself this amazing school!

Posted August 19, 2013
Charlottesville Waldorf School is an excellent, caring and fantastic place for my children. The teachers and staff are incredibly attentive, intelligent and creative people who have our children's best interests at the forefront of their awareness at all times. My child is entering the second grade this year and is excited to return to school and learn from her teacher again. The combination of creativity and academics creates an environment that nurtures true and lasting intelligence that will support my child's learning process for the rest of her life.

Posted August 12, 2013
From a parent's perspective, the Charlottesville Waldorf School (CWS) is everything I could ever ask for from a school for our son, who is now entering 6th grade. The teachers (and faculty) are truly dedicated to nurturing the students. Great value is placed on the uniqueness of each child. Kindness and respect for one another is felt throughout the entire campus. Much time is spent in outdoor play, with emphasis on our connectedness to nature. Intellectual curiosity is encouraged. Children are taught in a holistic manner, nurturing their minds, bodies, and souls, while educating them in so many important areas of life. Art and music are cultivated as part of the main curriculum, beginning in the Early Childhood classrooms. Music and plays are performed often and are cherished by all. Students have learned to share their talents with great joy. There is a strong sense of community within the school itself, with many festivities celebrated year after year, building fond memories for both the students participating and the families coming to attend. Through our son's 7 years in attendance, CWS has deeply enriched , not only our son's life, but our entire family! We love CWS!!

Charlottesville Waldorf School
120 Waldorf School Road, Charlottesville, VA  22901
Last modified Charlottesville Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Charlottesville Waldorf School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top