Posted December 11, 2014
Excellent School in a safe and healthy area. Everything has gone very well since we started here.

Posted December 05, 2014
Baker Butler has a fantastic facility, dedicated teaching and administrative staff, and a PTO that provides a lot of additional resource at the school. Class sizes are small, and when unexpected enrollment occurs, the school adds a teacher/class, vs. putting more bodies in one classroom. There are multiple field trips for each grade and the academics are strong.

Posted December 04, 2012
FANTASTIC elementary school!! I am surprised by this ranking, Baker-Butler is just as good as Hollymead and not nearly as crowded! Plus it's the newest elementary facility in the area! If you're new to the area, this is the elementary school you should select!

Posted March 22, 2012
I'd say this is one of the best schools around Charlottesville. My daughter has been there for 3 years and I can't say enough good things about it. The low student teacher ratio makes a huge difference in the classroooms, although it will change next year with the redistricting and having more kids from Hollymead - which is totally overrated. This school is new, fresh, innovative and diverse.

Posted January 07, 2011
We love Baker-Butler Elementary! Two of our children currently attend, The teachers care about the students learning and helping them at their level. The volunteering is awesome and I love that not only do I get to be involved in my child's class, but I also get to meet other parents who are there. My sister recently visited from another state and couldn't believe how many parents were in the school volunteering. I am impressed by the way the students treat each other and the way the teachers and administration work with them. The school is bright, cheery, and innovative. I am amazed at what they are learning at such young ages and how they thrive on the challenge. When my first grader came home talking about vertices a few weeks into the school year I was blown away. Each grade puts on a show each year. It was a graet experience last year to watch the Kindergarteners singing and delivering their speaking parts with poise and confidence. The teachers are top notch and in our experience great about communicating with you about what is going on and what is next. We will be moving soon and we are so sad, this school is tops!

Posted June 09, 2010
This is THE elementary school for your children. Our first home selection criteria was that it had to be in Baker-Butler school district. It's the newest school in Albemarle County and, as such, attracts the best administration and teachers. We had 3 of our children attend this school and have been thrilled with the administrative leadership and support staff, impressed by the teachers' enthusiasm, teaching abilities and compassion and grateful for the encouragment and acceptance of parental involvement. This is a wonderful school for your little ones to start their academic lives.

Posted April 27, 2010
This is a fantastic school with great leadership, an awsome office staff and teachers who really care. My child has had problems with reading and the school has a very specific personalized program that includes one-on-one 'tutoring' to help get him on track. Also, the music and arts program is fantastic and the best I have ever seen in an elementary school, along with gym teachers that encourage physical fitness through old fashion fun activities. My family moved to this school district just to attend this school; it is one of the best decisions we have ever made!

Posted April 27, 2010
We moved to Charlottesville, last summer, so this is the first year my children have attended Baker-Butler. It has been a great year. My husband and I have been impressed, and extremely pleased with the quality of the teachers, the responsiveness of the administration to our issues, and the effectiveness of the PTO. Most importantly, my children are engaged, challenged and continue to thrive. Baker-Butler has been a great experience for us!

Baker-Butler Elementary School 1

Posted January 14, 2010
This school has a great location and facility. The students come from very supportive parent communities. The teachers and admin. however do not support the ideals of the community. There are many diverse learners and their is little insight into how to support these within the school. The admin. does their job to defend the staff and their goals but the schools does not support the students. The school has a signifiant issue with girl bulling and cliques. The bulling program or the admin. can not/or does not address these issues

Posted October 06, 2009

Baker-Butler Elementary School
2740 Proffit Road, Charlottesville, VA  22911
Last modified Baker-Butler Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Baker-Butler Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top