Bad
Good

Posted December 09, 2015
We are new to the school and everyone has been very welcoming. The small class sizes are fantastic and there are a lot of opportunities for enrichment activities

Posted June 04, 2015
My son has been there for KG and it was a successful year so far ,his teacher is great and they had lots of activities around the year

Posted March 27, 2015
I read reviews of our school for the first time today and I was shocked at the rating. In particular I was shocked by the comment about a "girl" bullying problem. We have been at this school for 5 years with 2 girls and have never seen this. We have an amazing new principal and vice principal who are very connected with the students, parents and teachers. This is a wonderful diverse environment with a very active, supportive PTO that organizers a lot of fun events for the kids. Volunteering in classrooms is also encouraged. Remember these are subjective reviews so if you really are trying to pick between Albemarle County schools, check out their test scores.

Posted February 19, 2015
Great school. Teachers are dedicated and talented. So talented that for the first time in our elementary school experience, I nominated a teacher for Golden Apple. Parents are involved and PTO is active but not in just fundraising. Instead there are many activities after school events that makes this a special community.

Posted December 11, 2014
Excellent School in a safe and healthy area. Everything has gone very well since we started here.

Posted December 05, 2014
Baker Butler has a fantastic facility, dedicated teaching and administrative staff, and a PTO that provides a lot of additional resource at the school. Class sizes are small, and when unexpected enrollment occurs, the school adds a teacher/class, vs. putting more bodies in one classroom. There are multiple field trips for each grade and the academics are strong.

Posted December 04, 2012
FANTASTIC elementary school!! I am surprised by this ranking, Baker-Butler is just as good as Hollymead and not nearly as crowded! Plus it's the newest elementary facility in the area! If you're new to the area, this is the elementary school you should select!

Posted March 22, 2012
I'd say this is one of the best schools around Charlottesville. My daughter has been there for 3 years and I can't say enough good things about it. The low student teacher ratio makes a huge difference in the classroooms, although it will change next year with the redistricting and having more kids from Hollymead - which is totally overrated. This school is new, fresh, innovative and diverse.

Posted January 07, 2011
We love Baker-Butler Elementary! Two of our children currently attend, The teachers care about the students learning and helping them at their level. The volunteering is awesome and I love that not only do I get to be involved in my child's class, but I also get to meet other parents who are there. My sister recently visited from another state and couldn't believe how many parents were in the school volunteering. I am impressed by the way the students treat each other and the way the teachers and administration work with them. The school is bright, cheery, and innovative. I am amazed at what they are learning at such young ages and how they thrive on the challenge. When my first grader came home talking about vertices a few weeks into the school year I was blown away. Each grade puts on a show each year. It was a graet experience last year to watch the Kindergarteners singing and delivering their speaking parts with poise and confidence. The teachers are top notch and in our experience great about communicating with you about what is going on and what is next. We will be moving soon and we are so sad, this school is tops!

Posted June 09, 2010
This is THE elementary school for your children. Our first home selection criteria was that it had to be in Baker-Butler school district. It's the newest school in Albemarle County and, as such, attracts the best administration and teachers. We had 3 of our children attend this school and have been thrilled with the administrative leadership and support staff, impressed by the teachers' enthusiasm, teaching abilities and compassion and grateful for the encouragment and acceptance of parental involvement. This is a wonderful school for your little ones to start their academic lives.

Baker-Butler Elementary School
2740 Proffit Road, Charlottesville, VA  22911
Last modified Baker-Butler Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.