Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

We are 5 weeks into the year and my presence is needed in call or in person at least twice a week my daughter is being terribly bullied and no action is being take for those that are doing it

We are 5 weeks into the school year and I have had to call or be at the school twice a week, because they won't control the children. My daughter is being bullied by different girls every week. They teach these kids not to bully, but show them nothing will be done when they do.

My daughter has been extremely well served at Buford. I don't know if that's because she is in advanced classes, but all of her teachers have been good and several have been outstanding. Mr Tornello, the band teacher, has been recognized as one of the best teachers and band leaders in the country. If your child is interested in music, attend one of their concerts and you will be amazed at the level of performance. You won't find that kind of resource at a private school.

If your child in self-motivated they may succeed at Buford. If they are not, you may discover the reason many parents in Cville place their children in private schools between elementary & high school and skip Buford Upper Middle School. It will be rough school if your child does not stay in the motivated track classes. The principal, Eric Johnson is over his head. He shows poor leadership abilities, blusters his way through issues and situations with a controlling intimidating attitude. If you are considering sending your child to this school do your homework by visiting the school. Observe how different parents and students are treated and how long are they are made to wait for Mr. Johnson. Ask yourself - how much time do you have in your schedule to spend waiting and then return when a situation, like bullying, has not been resolved or it has gotten worse.

I am glad to hear that some parents and students are having a good experience at Buford. Unfortunately, my son and I are not among them. Out of the six teachers I have met only two that seem to still have passion about being a teacher. I get very little interaction with teachers and administration, although they said email was their preference for contact and all of my child's teachers and administration have my email address; only one teacher has ever used email to contact me. I am disappointed the way things are handled, as I am a very proactive mother who is very passionate about my child and my child's education. The student body still doesn't welcome newcomers very well, unless you call getting a few bruises, a welcoming committee. God willing we can move so my son doesn't have to attend here next year.

i am a parent and i am upset at other parents reiews about this school. Since my daugter started going to this school she's gone from d's at her last school (burley) to straight a's and all the people, teachers and administration are very helpful and nice.

Eric Johnson has done miraculous things while at Buford. His no nonsense approach and involvement/appearance in the classroom makes a huge difference.

This is one of those schools where you either love it or hate it. The main thing here is being with the right crowd, and respecting other people. The other thing is staying on task and being on teacher's good sides. My grades and orginizational skills have really improved since starting here. I love this school and I highly recommend this to others!

My daughter is new to Buford.She hasn't had not one good thing to say about it.It has been one headache after another. They certainly do not welcome new comers and it seems that administration is no help. If you are looking for a school to put your child in do not look at this one if you care at all about your child and your child's education.

Last modified Buford Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.