5-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted January 17, 2015
As a parent of two daughters who attended this school I can only say it was the best experience for the two of them. For the parent that said "Village School is a place of odd, weird and girls with poor social skills. The academics are similar to honors classes in public school, but the girls there can't handle a normal school. If your daughter is a little different and needs more attention, then this is the school for you." To say that these girls are odd, wierd, and with poor social skills is the furthest things from the truth. The hardest part about this school is getting in. Each year they only take 18 girls and within that group there may only be 12 "real spots" because they take alot of girls who have sisters either attending or have went in the past. The year we applied there were only 14 spots going to outside girls because the other 4 spots were going to families that were already apart of the school.

Posted August 17, 2014
I graduated from Village School last year, and I couldnt have asked for a more loving, caring, non judgemental, yet still academically challenging cummunity. The teachers were AMAZING and I will always remember what theyve taught me, and my class/ grade was the best group of people Ive ever known! Such a loving spirit-feels like my home. I really felt like the whole school was my family!

Village School 3

Posted May 15, 2014

Posted April 12, 2014
I graduated from Village School a few years ago, and It is the best experience of my life. Not only did I get a great education and I was more than ready for high school, I also made amazing friends that I will never forget. I could never thank Village School or Jamie Knorr Enough.

Posted April 13, 2011
My daughter had a terrific experience here and I would highly recommend this school.The heads keep the middle school drama to a minimum and the girls travel as a class of 17 around the school to each subject. There is positively no room or time for cliques to develop at school and my daughter's class was very close. With the exception of math, she was very well prepared for high school. I understand that they have a new math teacher who is much better. There is no administrative fluff...the school has a strict mission and sticks to it.

Village School

Posted October 19, 2010
I'm a grad - Village School didn't always seem like the best experience at the time, but looking back I've never been sorry. Ever.

Posted December 09, 2009
The school is an academical village, as the name suggests, providing a broad range of subjects and a devoted teaching staff. The education is a complete process. From ages ten to fourteen, girls become young adults in a positive environment while 'learning to learn'. As an eighth grader, I believe that Village School is the best preparation for high school, college and even life that you can give to your girl(s).

Village School