Bad
Good

When it comes to Special Education and Autism. This is NOT the school for you. Completely unaccommodating and your child will be fit into the programs that already exist instead of what the IEP calls for. IEP's are not followed.

I was a student here for six grade and half of the seventh grade. I dealt with many bullies during six grade and felt that the education was below par. There was no sense of community and the teachers lacked enthusiasm. It seemed as if they were just there for the pay, there was no real student and teacher connection. I completed six grade feeling very unsatisfied and I knew that I hated my school with a passion. In seventh grade I was miserable and depressed because I dealt with social problems as well as harassment from teachers regarding the dress code. Class sizes were so large sometimes almost 40 children, that I never got to have any individual attention, unless they were criticizing the way I dressed. One teacher in particular was extremely rude. Every day I would come home crying and talking about how much I hated going to school. It was awful. My parents decided to transfer me to a private school midway through the year. It was that bad I had to leave. Now at my new school I am so much happier and I love the smaller class sizes that I never got to have at Burley.

This is the best school in the US. I went here for 6th grade last year and loved it. there were no bullies and everybody was so welcoming. I would definitely go to this school.

This school offers so much for creative thinking students. The teachers use hand's on methods, and there's a Gifted and Talented teacher on staff. The Girl's Choir is award winning. There are many opportunities here not seen at other middle school, including performing Shakespear, building and launching rockets, and performing at the White House ellipse. There are levels of learning I have not seen offered elsewhere. For example, in 6th grade, you can take grade level math, Advanced math, or Honor's math. Truly amazing opportunity.

this school is great i'm in 7th grade and i have learn alot. the school has alot of history.i would rate it 5.the teachers are great.the school is very safe.

Last modified Jackson P Burley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.