Bad
Good

Posted April 12, 2011
I am extremely satisfied with this school. Great teachers, wonderful families, excellent academics. Because it is located in a neighborhood it has a community feel to it, which is rare. Many kids actually walk to school. We left a private school in Charlottesville so our kids could go here and they love it.

Mortimer Y Sutherland Middle School 1

Posted April 13, 2010
This school has not passed the AYP, I think that is worth noting in your review.

Posted August 21, 2009
This school is horrible i tokk my child out and put her in jack joueet and she dosent seem depressed anymmore

Posted April 03, 2009
I have been disappointed with the lack of leadership at this middle school. There are many good teachers, but little consistency in teaching. I took my child out of this school after one year.

Posted September 10, 2008
I am a student at SMS (Sutherland Middle School), and I have only gone to one other middle school, WMMS (William Monroe Middle School). At SMS there are more people to communicate with, and it's not people with the same personality, it's people with different personalities, and that's AWESOME. There's better food, better education, better EVERYTHING compared to WMMS. At WMMS, I was goin' insane, and I found myself turning more into someone I'm not. I like bein' myself, so for me to be myself at SMS is like, me being in HEAVEN. I LOVE SMS!

Posted July 02, 2008
Awsome! this school has so much energy coming from the students and teachers!

2801 Powell Creek Drive, Charlottesville, VA  22911
Last modified Mortimer Y Sutherland Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mortimer Y Sutherland Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top