PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

StoneBridge School 3

Posted June 22, 2016
We enrolled our child at Stonebridge School for her K-4 year and she attended The School through the first half of her 1st grade year. Upon admission, Stonebridge School requires all families to pay a one time remittance of a $1,000 school maintenance fee. We viewed this as a K-12 investment for our child. Beginning in kindergarten our child had numerous classroom problems especially throughout the 1st semester of her 1st grade year. We eventually discovered that our daughter struggles with mild autism. Stonebridge School acknowledged their inability to provide for our daughter's classroom needs via modifications. It was a mutual agreement between us and Stonebridge School to withdraw our child. The School had certainly been gracious enough to us throughout the admission process. But when problems arose, the School had little expertise in understanding sensory integrations issues and even less interest in truly learning to accommodate these special needs. The School was so eager to assess these "building maintenance fees" upon admission, yet stoic in providing the educational needs of a special needs child. Upon withdrawal, we received zero reimbursement on that initial $1,000 school maintenance fee!!

Grateful to: Parent

Posted June 22, 2016
Many of the parents of Stonebridge School children were very supportive and concerned for us and the problems we encountered within the classroom. I will be forever grateful for that.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted June 22, 2016
The teachers and administration staff at Stonebridge School are extremely ineffective in providing for the needs of a child who struggles with sensory integration issues.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 22, 2016
Our daughter developed lots of grit from her Stonebridge experience. In fact, she received a determination award in her K-4 class.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted June 22, 2016
Stonebridge School does not have much empathy for the special needs students. For our daughter, the class environment was one in which developing best friend relationships at an very early age was encouraged. Of course with our daughter, that became a daunting task..

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted June 22, 2016
Perhaps for children who don't suffer with sensory integration issues. Though a child may be able to achieve academically, the social environment at Stonebridge School can be debilitating for a special needs child.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted June 22, 2016
Our daughter found Stonebridge School to be very competitive socially. For a child that struggles with mild autism, competing socially for friends can be a monumental task. Maintaining relationships can be daunting. Our daughter was and still is an excellent student academically. But by the time we withdrew her from Stonebridge School, her self esteem had plummeted and her anxiety level had escalated unimaginably.

Posted October 02, 2014
Stonebridge School is rich in not only their academics but in building character. My husband and I have been so impressed with the faculty's professionalism, character and love for the Lord. The Holy Spirit is so evident on the campus. I could not imagine my son attending another school.

Posted October 01, 2014
I know education is important, very important for your children but character - that to me is critical. It is so much harder today to ensure your child is the type of person you would want him or her to be with all the influences of social media and society that can be so negative. Stonebridge has been our number 1 combatant against everything negative in the world. My daugther went since K3 and is a college senior now and her participation in Younglife and volunteerism is a testament to this school. She has tremendous character and truly leads a Godly life that I can be proud of and look up to. That to me is more important that academics. I wanted a true partner to help me raise my daughter. I'm glad I chose Stonebridge.

Posted February 03, 2012
StoneBridge is a wonderful school that provides a strong academic environment, leadership, athletics and community. They "walk the walk" in their approach to mentoring and teaching my 3 children. This is a Christ-centered school that my children enjoy attending.

Po Box 9247, Chesapeake, VA  23321