PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We enrolled our child at Stonebridge School for her K-4 year and she attended The School through the first half of her 1st grade year. Upon admission, Stonebridge School requires all families to pay a one time remittance of a $1,000 school maintenance fee. We viewed this as a K-12 investment for our child. Beginning in kindergarten our child had numerous classroom problems especially throughout the 1st semester of her 1st grade year. We eventually discovered that our daughter struggles with mild autism. Stonebridge School acknowledged their inability to provide for our daughter's classroom needs via modifications. It was a mutual agreement between us and Stonebridge School to withdraw our child. The School had certainly been gracious enough to us throughout the admission process. But when problems arose, the School had little expertise in understanding sensory integrations issues and even less interest in truly learning to accommodate these special needs. The School was so eager to assess these "building maintenance fees" upon admission, yet stoic in providing the educational needs of a special needs child. Upon withdrawal, we received zero reimbursement on that initial $1,000 school maintenance fee!!

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

The teachers and administration staff at Stonebridge School are extremely ineffective in providing for the needs of a child who struggles with sensory integration issues.

Develops character: Neutral

Our daughter found Stonebridge School to be very competitive socially. For a child that struggles with mild autism, competing socially for friends can be a monumental task. Maintaining relationships can be daunting. Our daughter was and still is an excellent student academically. But by the time we withdrew her from Stonebridge School, her self esteem had plummeted and her anxiety level had escalated unimaginably.

Stonebridge School is rich in not only their academics but in building character. My husband and I have been so impressed with the faculty's professionalism, character and love for the Lord. The Holy Spirit is so evident on the campus. I could not imagine my son attending another school.

I know education is important, very important for your children but character - that to me is critical. It is so much harder today to ensure your child is the type of person you would want him or her to be with all the influences of social media and society that can be so negative. Stonebridge has been our number 1 combatant against everything negative in the world. My daugther went since K3 and is a college senior now and her participation in Younglife and volunteerism is a testament to this school. She has tremendous character and truly leads a Godly life that I can be proud of and look up to. That to me is more important that academics. I wanted a true partner to help me raise my daughter. I'm glad I chose Stonebridge.

StoneBridge is a wonderful school that provides a strong academic environment, leadership, athletics and community. They "walk the walk" in their approach to mentoring and teaching my 3 children. This is a Christ-centered school that my children enjoy attending.

We love Stonebridge! We are so thankful for this school and its teachers. We love the focus on Christ and helping each child understand his or her place in God's creation. Children are taught to be self-governed, responsible, accountable, honest, and kind. They are provided a Biblical world view and are taught using a classical model of education. There is a strong focus on writing, reading, and literature. French, music, art are taught weekly and PE is taught daily. Students learn public speaking starting in Kindergarten and have many opportunities throughout the year to practice this important skill. We are very pleased with our school choice.

My son just completed K and I could not be happier with the school. He has not only learned how to read and arithmetic (using an abacus), but also a great deal about history, science, geography, art, and music. The parent involvement is extremely good and the teachers are wonderful. He will be going into Kindergarten next year at the same school and I am confident in the education that he will receive at Stonebridge. In the music and art programs, the children learn art history and music history as well as participate in projects.

Last modified StoneBridge School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12