PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I have two children at GCA and absolutely love it. The teachers are amazing! I have felt the “family” atmosphere we heard about from other parents. We just went to the school’s musical (Peter Pan) and hearing the director open in prayer was another example of how often I am re-affirmed in my decision to make a financial sacrifice so my children can be in this safe and nurturing environment. My children are both doing work in class that is ahead of their peers at church, but that is not what was most important to me. I was looking for a school where my children would hear truth every day and be surrounded by classmates and teachers who are not undermining what I am teaching at home. Having such rigorous academic classwork is a bonus for us. I love GCA and am so thankful my children are there.

This school was not good for my son we have moved him to public school this year. His teacher said that she did not have time to look at his planner, but she only had 16 students in the class. When we asked about testing for 504 or IEP the principal said that they did not do that.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

My son is now having to catch up on things at public school. Because this school makes their own curriculum thy do not teach to any kind of standard.

Develops character: Disagree

This school will take care of it's athlete's and the people that donate the most. But as a divorced father the school only wanted to listen with the mother and said that she had final say on all matters pertaining to school.

This is our first year at GCA. We wanted a Christian school where our children would get a great education but also be in an environment where their emotional and spiritual growth were important as well. We are so glad we found GCA! Both higher school divisions are wonderful, with the Directors and teachers always going above and beyond. The kids also love the after school program and never want to be picked up early because they are having so much fun!

Our experience with GCA has been wonderful. We have seen a focus on academic excellence and preparing students in each phase of their development, on teaching students of God's love and truth, and on "partnering" with us as parents in raising a daughter well-prepared to folhigh whatever path God leads her to. In our experience attending and looking at different schools, GCA is different in that it seems like they are more concerned with staying true to their core values than in building a huge school, in terms of enrollment numbers. It feels like a family. My daughter loves it there and we have been very happy to see her academic and social growth! We highly recommend GCA!

Nepotism at its finest "My way or Leave" administration mentality "Daddy Ball" sports programs combined with a lack organization Severe Lack of communication between departments and with families/students Lack of interest by teachers regarding a student's academic success Lack of college preparedness The good: a FEW teachers actually care... and pray with and for your student.

the playground has safety hazard for the ground is covered with non rubber material. Also, the security level is low, teacher to student is ok, but just one teacher in one classroom, so no one oversees it. The best should be one teacher with one assistant.

After having been associated with GCA for many years, I am so disappointed with the Administration. They definately have the my way or the highway mentality. How sad and just like the pharisees profess one thing but don't live it...forgiveness is not on their agenda. How sad that they would rather nit pick at issues than show the Christ-like spirit. Read their principles...Matthew 18 principle is far from the basis of how to handle problems. There are a handful of dedicated, loving, concerned teachers and administdative staff, but if you have a problem with a teacher, GCA will always side with them. Their board and most office staff are all related or inter-married...nepotism at its finest. How very sad to see all this done under the umbrella of "christianity".

GCA is spiritually and academically minded. They encourage the families to partner with the teachers/staff in the training of the students to be godly role models while developing their talents to honor God with their lives.

Last modified Greenbrier Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12