Posted August 08, 2014
I am a parent of a student at GCA and my experience with the school has been wonderful. My daughter excels academically in some areas but has difficulty in others. Her teachers challenge her in subjects where she is excelling and encourage and patiently work with her on subjects where she is struggling. It has been a perfect mix of academic focus and loving encouragement. As a graduate of a public school, I did not know how much a private school could impact a child outside of academics, but my experience at GCA has shown me that school becomes a part of the family. I know my daughter is hearing the same values and truths I am teaching her at home and her teachers care about her mind AND heart. We love the school and have had a great experience with it.

Posted January 18, 2014
the playground has safety hazard for the ground is covered with non rubber material. Also, the security level is low, teacher to student is ok, but just one teacher in one classroom, so no one oversees it. The best should be one teacher with one assistant.

Greenbrier Christian Academy 2

Posted January 13, 2014
After having been associated with GCA for many years, I am so disappointed with the Administration. They definately have the my way or the highway mentality. How sad and just like the pharisees profess one thing but don't live it...forgiveness is not on their agenda. How sad that they would rather nit pick at issues than show the Christ-like spirit. Read their principles...Matthew 18 principle is far from the basis of how to handle problems. There are a handful of dedicated, loving, concerned teachers and administdative staff, but if you have a problem with a teacher, GCA will always side with them. Their board and most office staff are all related or inter-married...nepotism at its finest. How very sad to see all this done under the umbrella of "christianity".

Posted September 10, 2013
GCA is spiritually and academically minded. They encourage the families to partner with the teachers/staff in the training of the students to be godly role models while developing their talents to honor God with their lives.

Posted May 23, 2013
GCA provides a great balance among academics, sports, and extra-curricular activities. We have three children attending and are very pleased with their growth. The facilities are top rate - better in many ways than the nearby public schools and certainly in comparison to most private schools. I especially appreciate the fact that they provide a conservative Bible-Based world view along with strong academics, but are independent from any particular church.

Greenbrier Christian Academy 3

Posted May 02, 2013
I have shadowed here and have friends at GCA. With my one day there I noticed several things I did not agree with, but it is waaaaay better than my current school. I heard one kid say one cuss word and one child throw quite a tantrum. Teachers handled both well though and there are several great kids there though.

Posted January 26, 2013
Our daughter has attended GCA for seven years. She loves the school and we have had positive experiences with all the teachers.Our daughter grows in her Christian faith every year. It's been a blessing to us. I've read the other reviews and they puzzle me: We are not hit up for money every month. There are scheduled fund raisers throughout the year. Compared to other private schools, GCA costs less. We love it here.

Posted March 22, 2012
This is truly a shame because the time my child spent in this school's ECC was quite good. In my child's entrance into their Lower School however there has been a drastic change in teacher kindness and understanding. It's so sad to see what should be a compassionate Christian School and example to unbelievers turn wrong. I have found over the past year 2 of the 3 teacher's in my child's current grade to be haughty, cold, and just plain overly stern. Those are not good odds to get the one teacher per grade that will be a nurturer! Though I still love many of the events at GCA it is not worth my child's peace of mind when he/she is strung out due to the pressure of a high workload, an agressive curriculum per grade where just plain inappropriate materials are pushed on children who are a good grade and 1/2 advanced compounded by unrealistic work standards not to mention limited breaks in 3 hours of aggressive teaching thrust on the children! Forget bringing your concerns to the administration for they will only aid and abet their teacher's nitpicking and bad behavior!The lack of compassion here is abhorent one leader audaciously said If people leave this school I am doing my job!"

Greenbrier Christian Academy 4

Posted February 23, 2012
Without question, one of the finest private schools in Hampton Roads. Among its best qualities are a compassionate, engaged faculty who expect exemplary work from their students, a responsive and thoughtful administration that views parents as equal partners when comes to the education of the student, and a student body that admrably reflects the qualities and morals instilled, cultivated and nutured at a Christian school.

Posted August 01, 2011
We were very disappointed in the administration and academic quality of the school. Teachers were frequently absent in the middle school, did not possess qualifications for the classes they taught, and proritized their personal lives over teaching. Sometimes I wonder how Jesus himself might have fared at this 'christian' school. Would he have been accepted -- or picked on for wearing the wrong brand of polo shirt or not being good at sports?

Greenbrier Christian Academy
311 Kempsville Road, Chesapeake, VA  23320
Last modified Greenbrier Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Greenbrier Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top