Chesapeake, VA

Posted May 07, 2015
This is our first year at GCA. We wanted a Christian school where our children would get a great education but also be in an environment where their emotional and spiritual growth were important as well. We are so glad we found GCA! Both higher school divisions are wonderful, with the Directors and teachers always going above and beyond. The kids also love the after school program and never want to be picked up early because they are having so much fun!

Posted March 16, 2015
Our experience with GCA has been wonderful. We have seen a focus on academic excellence and preparing students in each phase of their development, on teaching students of God's love and truth, and on "partnering" with us as parents in raising a daughter well-prepared to folhigh whatever path God leads her to. In our experience attending and looking at different schools, GCA is different in that it seems like they are more concerned with staying true to their core values than in building a huge school, in terms of enrollment numbers. It feels like a family. My daughter loves it there and we have been very happy to see her academic and social growth! We highly recommend GCA!

Greenbrier Christian Academy 1

Posted March 03, 2015
My child is a student at the Bridges academy at GCA. He has ADHD, when I asked his teacher to assist with some organization and study tips she refuses to help and says that she gives all the students plenty of time. Thinking of pulling him from school because he will get more help in public school than here where we pay a fortune to send him.
2 people found this helpful

Greenbrier Christian Academy 2

Posted March 02, 2015
Nepotism at its finest "My way or Leave" administration mentality "Daddy Ball" sports programs combined with a lack organization Severe Lack of communication between departments and with families/students Lack of interest by teachers regarding a student's academic success Lack of college preparedness The good: a FEW teachers actually care... and pray with and for your student.
2 people found this helpful

Greenbrier Christian Academy 1

Posted January 18, 2014
the playground has safety hazard for the ground is covered with non rubber material. Also, the security level is low, teacher to student is ok, but just one teacher in one classroom, so no one oversees it. The best should be one teacher with one assistant.

Greenbrier Christian Academy 2

Posted January 13, 2014
After having been associated with GCA for many years, I am so disappointed with the Administration. They definately have the my way or the highway mentality. How sad and just like the pharisees profess one thing but don't live it...forgiveness is not on their agenda. How sad that they would rather nit pick at issues than show the Christ-like spirit. Read their principles...Matthew 18 principle is far from the basis of how to handle problems. There are a handful of dedicated, loving, concerned teachers and administdative staff, but if you have a problem with a teacher, GCA will always side with them. Their board and most office staff are all related or inter-married...nepotism at its finest. How very sad to see all this done under the umbrella of "christianity".

Posted September 10, 2013
GCA is spiritually and academically minded. They encourage the families to partner with the teachers/staff in the training of the students to be godly role models while developing their talents to honor God with their lives.

Posted May 23, 2013
GCA provides a great balance among academics, sports, and extra-curricular activities. We have three children attending and are very pleased with their growth. The facilities are top rate - better in many ways than the nearby public schools and certainly in comparison to most private schools. I especially appreciate the fact that they provide a conservative Bible-Based world view along with strong academics, but are independent from any particular church.

Greenbrier Christian Academy 3

Posted May 02, 2013
I have shadowed here and have friends at GCA. With my one day there I noticed several things I did not agree with, but it is waaaaay better than my current school. I heard one kid say one cuss word and one child throw quite a tantrum. Teachers handled both well though and there are several great kids there though.

Posted January 26, 2013
Our daughter has attended GCA for seven years. She loves the school and we have had positive experiences with all the teachers.Our daughter grows in her Christian faith every year. It's been a blessing to us. I've read the other reviews and they puzzle me: We are not hit up for money every month. There are scheduled fund raisers throughout the year. Compared to other private schools, GCA costs less. We love it here.

Greenbrier Christian Academy
311 Kempsville Road, Chesapeake, VA  23320
Last modified Greenbrier Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Greenbrier Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top