PK-7|Private

Bad
Good

I toured 10 schools in our area before deciding on them. I now have 2 children at this school - they both attended the 2014-2015 school year, and they will be attending again for the 2015-2016 school year. The teachers are caring, the principal is fun, the dress code is easy to comply with, the facilities are great, the curriculum is fantastic, and the cost is comparable to others in the area. I always feel welcomed. The environment feels good, and you can tell they genuinely care.

This school is a okay school for students who are smaller. When it gets to be on the 4th through 8th grade level, it's another story. The teachers are very good, however There seems to be a problem with one teacher who don't have good parent contact when the child is slipping in certain learning areas. The principal isn't strong in keeping the discipline rules in order, therefore leaving a disturbance in some classes with unruly and distracting kids. Fields trips and extracurricular activities are quite cheesy and underage for the upper grades therefore leaving the kids bored. The office staff is great as well as the pastor and other teachers. This school can and will thrive under a good leadership, much discipline and more excitement in learning and development for the students.

PCS is an excellent school. My son has attended from age 2 to 5 and continues to love this school. The teachers are always available for parent/teacher conferences when requested and the office staff are always available. Anytime we've had concerns, the principal has sat down and addressed them immediately. Yes, students have to walk in line and use proper manners, but this has been an asset in my home. The classes can get large, but they just add another teacher to keep the student:teacher ratio low. Christian faith and morals are emphasized but do not interfere with at all....its a great mix. I teach at a local university and would highly recommend PCS to anyone.

I disagree with this parent s assessment of Providence Christian Schools. I had my son at this school from 2 1/2 until age 5. The teachers truly care about the students and environment for learning is top notch. Even though the curriculum was bible based, there was a strong focus on the basics of reading, writing and math. The class size was small and personal.

I was very disappointed in Providence Christian School. As a fellow educator, I had high expectations of the school and truly believed in their morals, values, and beliefs. I gravely regret placing my child in this environment. I was my child's only advocate while he attended this school. They failed to follow through on different behavioral tactics agreed upon in meetings and the lines of communication were virtually nonexistent (unless it was on a negative note). It is unfortunate that my child had to suffer because of his parents mistake of placing him in such an environment. I would not suggest this school to anyone. I would prefer to not select any stars but you have to choose at least one.

Last modified Providence Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-7