Bad
Good

Posted August 11, 2013
Overall a great school. The teachers are amazing but there is one in particular that can be a little inappropriate. The dress code isn't fair at all. Although it says shorts or skirts cant be above your knee, which most students do, they still make you change into your gym shorts. One day I walked into the school with pink duct tape supporting breast cancer and the security guard told me to take it off. I never understand why she said that but it got me mad. there was another time where this individual pushed me down for no reason outside on the concrete. I was scrapped up really badly and when I went to the nurse they never called my parents and it took until the next day to be called to the office and questioned about it. I'm not too happy about those incidents but i had a blast learning at this school.

Posted April 28, 2013
This is the best school ever. My son is going to high school next year, and I am going to miss the athletic coaching staff that believed in my son and literally took him from a 6th grader who never played on a team, and transformed him into an 8th grade starter in football, basketball, and track. I will be eternally grateful to them for turning my son into an athlete. The coaches also come in every summer without pay to train the boys for football season. My son also doesn't get into much trouble because he gets tired out from practice, and sports requires him to keep his grades up also. Thank you so much coaches, you guys are the best!

Posted August 12, 2012
This is a great school. The teachers really care about their students. the students are highly motivated.

Greenbrier Middle School 2

Posted April 13, 2011
The school is OK. the children there are nasty though, my daughter has come home crying before because of bullies. The dress code is far too strict though, even if skirts are the right legnth they still get told off for wearing them. Most of the teachers are nice, but there is one teacher that can say some very mean things. The parental involvement is minimal to none, there are no fundraisers that involve the parents and the only reason i got to see my childs work is because she is in GATE. That is one good thing though, the Gifted And Talented Education curriculm (GATE) is offered.

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers and administrators are awesome! they are willing to help the kids when they need it, but they also encourage them to find solutions on their own.

Posted November 08, 2008
Greenbrier is a great school the education is amazing!!!!!!!!

Greenbrier Middle School 3

Posted September 30, 2008
IT is a very nice school with high expectations, but the security there is so huge, that the students can't go anywhere without their planners.

Posted July 29, 2008
My daughter just loves grm. It makes it so easy to keep her interest in school & activities

Posted September 13, 2007
both of my sons were educated at this school and went on to Indian RIverr High School , the base education from Greenbrier MIddle School prepared both of them to continue being an A student throughout high school . One went on to VA TECH , and my youngest is now a senior . My oldest graduated 16th in his class and my youngest is now 10th in his class and will graduate in June 2008.

Posted August 14, 2007
i think that greenbrier middle school is the nicest looking, most spirited and sportsmanlike, not to mention that all of us are NOT being TOTAL SNOBS because we might win something once in a while, and we are also GRACIOUS in defeat!!! I love Greenbrier Middle School!!! No matter what anyone else says i give it a 10!!! Keep on having heart panthers! cuz we all KNOW that we're better than what people say about us!

1016 Greenbrier Pkwy, Chesapeake, VA  23320
Last modified Greenbrier Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.